Baldimo

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 02:30 pm
Violence erupted at a Michigan law school Thursday when protestors tried to block a speech by Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo.

Police were called after protestors pulled a fire alarm prior to the speech on immigration policies. There were at least three violent incidents with protestors targeting student backers of the event, Tancredo, R-Littleton, said today.

"One was spit on, one was kicked, and one was punched," Tancredo said in an e-mail. "Tires were also slashed."

Michigan State University College Republicans and Young Americans for Freedom sponsored the event.

Tancredo went to Michigan State University College of Law as part of a visit to the state to talk about immigration. He leads the group that opposes legal status for illegal immigrants.

Protestors interrupted the speech with loud shouting.

College newspaper The State News reported that protesters carried signs reading "Ignorant Racist" outside the room where the speech was held. They were not allowed in with the signs, the paper said. It also reported that about 40 people attended the speech.

Tancredo said in the email that protestors organized on the Internet social networking site Facebook.

"They declared ahead of time on facebook that they would not allow me to speak," Tancredo said in the e-mail.

Tancredo also is meeting with the Republican state party chair, members of the state legislature, and is speaking at a fundraiser for a Republican women's group, Tancredo spokesman Carlos Espinosa said.

Source
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is becoming common on University Campuses. When speakers are invited and the liberal student body doesn't agree, they do everything they can to disrupt the speaker and infringe on his right to free speech. Once again Free Speech for me but not for thee when it comes to the liberal universities of the US.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 854 • Replies: 15
No top replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 03:20 pm
Tancredo has been one of the most outspoken, if not THE most, on the illegal aliens invading our borders.
That crowd sounds like Columbia U when some neanderthals rushed the podium during a speech by the Minutemen.
Free speech at our esteemedcolleges & universities is nearly a thing of the past....unless of course the left wing moonbats approve of the speech.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 04:00 pm
Simular things have happened to job fairs where military recruiters have been present as well as Conserative speakers in many different Universities.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 04:18 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Simular things have happened to job fairs where military recruiters have been present as well as Conserative speakers in many different Universities.

Yes, I have heard that. I believe that San Francisco has been in the news of late with their anti-military stance. The SF schools aren't even going to allow ROTC on their campuses any longer after this school term.
Say, isn't San Francisco in Pelosis district....naw, couldn't be, a Speaker of the House for ALL Americans wouldn't condone such actions....would she?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 04:57 pm
Why would any American be upset with Tancredo-- the man who, as sure as God exists, will be our next president.

John McCain and Gulliani, the two front-runners for the GOP nomination don't give a damn about saving the country from the invasion. This is why we need to make sure that Tancredo gets the GOP nomination.

Tancredo's clear voice speaks very clearly about the true values of the American conservative movement. He has a unique ability to change the dynamics of the 2008 presidential race that may be the best thing that could happen to our great nation.

If the political establishment gives an America-hating Republican (like McCain or Gulliani for example) the nomination. Tancredo has promised to save America by running as a third party candidate.

Let's all support him loud and clear! The more he is in the news, the better!

Go Tancredo Go!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 04:59 pm
Woohoo ! ! !

Do we get to slash the tires of them leftwingnut brownshirt moonbats ? ! ? ! ?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:14 pm
Another sabatage?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:19 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Why would any American be upset with Tancredo-- the man who, as sure as God exists, will be our next president.

John McCain and Gulliani, the two front-runners for the GOP nomination don't give a damn about saving the country from the invasion. This is why we need to make sure that Tancredo gets the GOP nomination.

Tancredo's clear voice speaks very clearly about the true values of the American conservative movement. He has a unique ability to change the dynamics of the 2008 presidential race that may be the best thing that could happen to our great nation.

If the political establishment gives an America-hating Republican (like McCain or Gulliani for example) the nomination. Tancredo has promised to save America by running as a third party candidate.

Let's all support him loud and clear! The more he is in the news, the better!

Go Tancredo Go!

Hopefully you will never have to experience getting shut up, & hopefully you'll teach your children that while some may not agree with what they have to say, that they still have the right to say it & not have to face violence for expressing their views. Don't forget to tell your children that our guarantee of free speech was meant when it was written to assure that they don't fall into the morrass that communist countries have of late.
The journalist & former KGBs deaths should scare the crap out of all of us. Speak out against your gov't & get nuked. So far all we have to contebd with are some malcontented wet behind the ears little jerkoffs, tomorrow, it could be different because these malcontents could one day be our leaders.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:29 pm
You misspelled sabotage.

Nobody is prevented from responding to and reading this thread.

What a drama queen.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:31 pm
Setanta wrote:
You misspelled sabotage.

Nobody is prevented from responding to and reading this thread.

What a drama queen.

So sue me, nimrod.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:54 pm
What would would i sue you for?

How idiotic . . . i don't want to come into possession of a used mo-bile home . . .
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 07:36 pm
Setanta wrote:
What would would i sue you for?

How idiotic . . . i don't want to come into possession of a used mo-bile home . . .

I could buy & sell you, nimrod.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 07:43 pm
The humor never ends with this one huh Set?

I guess I better watch out....after all, miss thang here could "buy and sell" either of us.

Whatever that means.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 07:46 pm
I guess with almost 800 posts in two weeks, Miss Thang here is a somebody in the real world.
A somebody with no friends, no hobbies and certainly, not enough money. Otherwise, if she truly could buy and sell you, as she claims, she'd be somewhere else other than on A2K every waking second.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:11 pm
candidone1 wrote:
The humor never ends with this one huh Set?

I guess I better watch out....after all, miss thang here could "buy and sell" either of us.

Whatever that means.

Sorry, you would be worth less than nothing for resale. I only go for quality, & while what's his name ("set", I believe is your suck up name for him?) is an egotistical boor, he at least doesn't seem to depend on other knee jerk moonbats to get his ok to be nasty. You're a follower, the world has enough of those.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:12 pm
candidone1 wrote:
I guess with almost 800 posts in two weeks, Miss Thang here is a somebody in the real world.
A somebody with no friends, no hobbies and certainly, not enough money. Otherwise, if she truly could buy and sell you, as she claims, she'd be somewhere else other than on A2K every waking second.

You keep track of my time? Are you that lonely....or maybe it's desperation.
0 Replies