Urgent!! How to reply it?

rogergx

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 07:24 am
the situation is:
You (bought a big basket of fruits and two bottles of wine to visit your teacher taught you at high school) knock at her door. (you haven't seen each other for a couple of years)

She said: Hello, **(your name). Come in, pls. Look at yourself, why did you buy so many things.

you: ....

Could you pls tell me what will reply in this case?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 532 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 07:25 am
First of all, why are you there? Why did you buy the fruit and wine?

Are you there because you were close (in a teacher student kind of way) and you are here to thank him/her? Are you there because you have the hots for him/her and are trying to "get in his/her pants" now?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 08:52 am
How about the telling her the truth?

like: " I wanted to give you a gift to say thank you for the time you spent teaching me"
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 10:57 am
"Thank you! Because of you, my whole life changed. I was destined to be a high school drop out and drug dealer and probably shot and killed by the time I turned 20. Instead with your prompting I am now a successful entrepreneur and head up a pyramid scheme. I make billions off poor saps with my infomercials. Would you like to go on my private yacht and sail away with me?"
0 Replies

rogergx

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 11:30 pm
thx to Linkat, Green Witch, and Bella Dea
thank you for your suggestions, and esp. to Linkat, you know, your answer has really let me laugh to tears. Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 08:20 am
Re: thx to Linkat, Green Witch, and Bella Dea
rogergx wrote:
thank you for your suggestions, and esp. to Linkat, you know, your answer has really let me laugh to tears. Laughing Laughing

No problem. To be honest I wasn't really sure what you were trying to get at so I figured I would lighten it up and add a little humor. Glad you enjoyed it.
0 Replies