JustanObserver has passed the New York Bar Exam!!!!

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 06:37 pm
Bear said "If it's too loud.... you're too old...."

AGE DISCRIMINATION!!!

Observer, I need a good lawyer to put the Bear in his place.

BBB
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 07:31 pm
Age discrimination can be a good thing. About 12 years ago my moms boyfriend (now her ex), then aged 60, decided he wanted to go back to work in the streets running a jackhammer instead of the cushy desk job he'd been doing for 20 years. He was denied because of his age. He filed suuit and won! As soon as he got to work outside he regretted his decision and wound up in the hospital with a heart attack. Back to the desk job!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 05:23 am
Justan, sounds like you have a wonderful new job. Thanks for makin' a difference.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 01:57 pm
Congrats, JAO!!!

And just so you know, I will be feeling your recent pain soon enough .... I am ramping up to start studying for another bar this February. I must be a masochist. Why, oh why, couldn't I be moving to a state with reciprocity??? <sigh>

It's only been 12 years since I took it last ... what do you think, should I take it cold? Cool

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/2500/41536man1.gif
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 02:02 pm
Aaaack! I'd hate to have to take my boards again. Cringe....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 02:36 pm
Where are you moving to, Tico? (If you don't mind me asking...)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 03:17 pm
sozobe wrote:
Where are you moving to, Tico? (If you don't mind me asking...)

Arizona. I wanted to be closer to Dyslexia.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 03:18 pm
Don't we all...
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:25 pm
I moved out of Arizona many months ago. It''s as hot as hell in the summertime. Actually, I suspect hell is a bit cooler. I am now in sunny Southern Cal.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:53 pm
NickFun wrote:
I moved out of Arizona many months ago. It''s as hot as hell in the summertime. Actually, I suspect hell is a bit cooler. I am now in sunny Southern Cal.

Yes, I'm looking forward to summertime. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:04 pm
You'll be ok, Tico, it's hot as hell in Kansas in the summertime too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:21 pm
My hub and I went to Phoenix for a wedding in July some time ago and far away.. Nice wedding, too bad about the marriage. (Only slightly kidding. We all get to go through different episodes.. my friend then is much happier now, with another husband.) Anyway, the bride and groom put us all up in a motel by a golf course - I think we commandeered the place. Damn hot once we wandered out our doors.

I surmise, now that I live in a slightly less hot place, that the broiling furnace bit doesn't happen all the time.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:33 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I surmise, now that I live in a slightly less hot place, that the broiling furnace bit doesn't happen all the time.

And I imagine that when it does happen, us "locals" - at least this one - will pretty much stay indoors.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 08:46 pm
Why has JustanObserver not responded to this thread? Are there certain legals issues responding here would present? Now that's he's a "lawyer" is he too good for us? Is he afraid of being sued???
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 08:49 pm
I suppose we could all get together and sue him for some sort of non-respondence, though we'd have to give him some time...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 10:22 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I suppose we could all get together and sue him for some sort of non-respondence, though we'd have to give him some time...

What are our damages?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 10:40 pm
A nice dinner, perhaps...
and plane fare to the nice dinner...
and some place besides the NYC YMCA to stay, as I've done that already.
I met an a2k friend doing that. Alas my room was the one the heat went crazy in.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 10:40 pm
Emotional distress is always a good one and calls for punitive damages.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 04:24 am
NickFun wrote:
Why has JustanObserver not responded to this thread? Are there certain legals issues responding here would present? Now that's he's a "lawyer" is he too good for us? Is he afraid of being sued???

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2407669#2407669
0 Replies

ffydownunder

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 11:09 am
congratulations justan......... well done!!!

sounds like you've scored a good job as well... three cheers on all counts!!!!!!

I start at law school in 4 weeks - scary stuff! just hope I can keep going as well as you have!!

nicely done!!!!
0 Replies