JustanObserver has passed the New York Bar Exam!!!!

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:07 am
See: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2406158#2406158

Pretty soon, he'll be one of us. http://www.pritchettcartoons.com/cartoons/lawyers.gif

Let's throw him a party. Here are some refreshments to get us started: http://www.wackypackages2005.com/images/ans2-roughs/lawyers-lost-rough-1.jpg http://www.heritagefront.com/updates/graphics/free_speech_cake.jpg

We always knew you could do it, Justan. We're very proud. Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,575 • Replies: 48
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:17 am
Congratulations. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:18 am
Congrats, that's wonderful!!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:20 am
Good going! Congratulations! Very Happy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:23 am
Did someone say party? Already sent kudos to justan on the other thread, but I've got the champagne!

http://www.imageimports.com/barware/punchbowls/wide_rim_punch_bowl.jpg
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:40 am
Observer
Observer stood before the Bar and said, "May it please the court."

BBB
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:43 am
What kind of lawyer will he be and where will he be practicing (just in case I need representation -- again).
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:44 am
http://www.heritagefront.com/updates/graphics/free_speech_cake.jpg

The problem is that this cake will soon be eaten. You can't have your cake and eat it too!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 11:12 am
Most excellent!

and any excuse to wear a wig ... is good
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 02:28 pm
Wow!!!!! Well done.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 02:37 pm
Let's Drink. (GOETHE, 1810)

We're gathered together to sing and rejoice,
My Brothers! Ergo bibamus!
Let's raise our glasses and stop idle talk and
Remember: Ergo bibamus!
The motto is old and tested through time
It fits the occasion whatever the kind
The echo sounds forth from so festive a place,
A glorious Ergo bibamus!
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 04:03 pm
Whoa! I gotta say, this thread is a VERY nice surprise. Thanks a bunch, everyone!
For those of you who are already attorneys, my hat goes off to you. The stress of that stupid exam really threw me for loops. And more than once.

Anyway, I'm in New York (not far from the city), and I'm happy to say that I found work in a great small/mid sized firm with a focus on Civil Rights / Discrimination / Employment law. I'm one of the few who speak Spanish and I have lots of connections with the minority community, so I hope to do well. We represent all types of discrimination, but I do particularly well with race/national origin discrimination because I am a minority myself (it helps to connect with clients sometimes) and I speak their language. Still, the law is the same for them all, and it's interesting nonetheless

Amazingly, there is no shortage of employers who think they can get away with some really cruel treatment of their employees, so long as the workers don't speak English, or are new to the country, or simply don't understand that here they have legal protection against mistreatment just because of where they come from. I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit (even though the pay makes it tough to live on at times).

Oh well. Bottom line is that I like the firm, I like my coworkers, I like my clients, and I like the fact that I can make something of myself here so long as I bust my ass.

Again, thanks for the encouragement! You guys rock. Very Happy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 04:13 pm
JustanObserver wrote:
Oh well. Bottom line is that I like the firm, I like my coworkers, I like my clients, and I like the fact that I can make something of myself here so long as I bust my ass.

Sounds great, JoA. Best wishes in your career and kudos to you for making a difference.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 04:30 pm
Justin--

Wave that white plume!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 05:37 pm
congratulations you ambulance chasing, bottom feeding, opinion for sale to the highest bidder scumbag.

You'll be making a lot of money now fleecing widows out of their pensions, defending big business as they rape the land or criminals as they rape young children so you ought to be able to afford my fee to dj your party. :wink:

Seriously, kudos. Dumb asses don't pass the bar. Good luck and God Bless.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 05:48 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
congratulations you ambulance chasing, bottom feeding, opinion for sale to the highest bidder scumbag.

I consider your words to have intentionally inflicted emotional distress upon my person. As soon as it manifests itself in some physical form, such as hives, I'll be able to establish damages, which will be compounded when I start seeing a psychiatrist.

Unless your willing to settle immediately, I'm guessing a few hundred for the doctors meds / psych help and 1.5 million for the emotional scarring you caused is an appropriate trial remedy. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 05:55 pm
Congratulations, Justan! I'm opening a nice Rose' to celebrate. Party on!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 05:58 pm
Observer
JustanObserver wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I consider your words to have intentionally inflicted emotional distress upon my person. As soon as it manifests itself in some physical form, such as hives, I'll be able to establish damages, which will be compounded when I start seeing a psychiatrist.

Unless your willing to settle immediately, I'm guessing a few hundred for the doctors meds / psych help and 1.5 million for the emotional scarring you caused is an appropriate trial remedy. Twisted Evil

Actually, you got off lucky that it was only Bear's words that offended you. You have now idea how much ego damage you can experience during an evening listening to the Bear bellow from a stage. Damn near fatal if you don't have ear plugs.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 06:12 pm
JustanObserver wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I'll dash you off a check.... and I'll include a nice bottle of red and a couple of vicodin for your pain..... I will however ask you to sign an agreement of some sort indemnifying me from further responsibility....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 06:18 pm
Re: Observer
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
JustanObserver wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Actually, you got off lucky that it was only Bear's words that offended you. You have now idea how much ego damage you can experience during an evening listening to the Bear bellow from a stage. Damn near fatal if you don't have ear plugs.

BBB :wink:

If it's too loud.... you're too old.... Razz
0 Replies