Whiteness Studies

sweetcomplication

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 05:26 pm
Yo, Setanta, I hear ya, man. I mean I could pass like Cav has, I'm white as can be, but when I turn on my Jewess charm I just drive the WASPs crrraaazzzy! They want a bit of that "other" in their life, dig it? Ya know the Irish are the Jews of Europe so I feel ya, bro'. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 05:36 pm
Hey, us Okies don't get a whole lot of respect.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 05:38 pm
I respect you, EB...a lot of you came to CA during the dustbowl days and some of my best friends are Okies Rolling Eyes !
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 05:45 pm
edgar, All my siblings and I worked with Okies out on the farms of California. We sweated together; that must mean fur sum'n. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:00 pm
Hey, ci, I wasn't dissin' you at all. Man that internment deal was just as bad our lil ole Holocaust so I dig where you're at! I mean I just loooove Japanese people - don't you all really run things in the tech field over to the Valley of the Silicon? Love ya, man!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:00 pm
Aw, I don't mean youse guys. You would be the kind to take in a cold wet starving puppy.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:01 pm
EB, don't be dissin' Setant's Avatar, hear?
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:10 pm
Starvin' ? ! ? ! ?

Why that lil' ol' pup don't do nothin' but eat . . . when Lovey calls me right after she gets home, she's often givin' the doggies treats, an' that one gulps hers down, then commences to barkin' for more . . .
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:12 pm
Setanta, I'm just afraid that dog won't hunt ... Laughing :wink: .
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:15 pm
She'd hunt sausages, fer sure . . .
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:21 pm
er uh em um...did you say sausages? PORK sausages? Well, you've just hit on the most important commonality for observant Moslems and observant Jews . . . lucky I ain't either one . . . pork chops with gravy and grits and greens: ummmm, yummmy!!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:51 pm
sc, two things I know about Jews: number one, there are Jews, and there are the Jew-ish. My family falls into the latter category. Also, the best way to tell a good Chinese restaurant is to count the number of Jews dining there on the mu-shu pork. The rest of your questions require longer answers....perhaps tomorrow.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 07:38 pm
A gentleman with whom i am acquainted is fond of quietly observing, when the subject of weekend meals arises, that Jewish culture is 5000 years old, and Chinese culture 3000 years old. He then quites what the Jews at on Saturday night for 2000 years.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 08:09 pm
cavfancier wrote:
sc, two things I know about Jews: number one, there are Jews, and there are the Jew-ish. My family falls into the latter category. Also, the best way to tell a good Chinese restaurant is to count the number of Jews dining there on the mu-shu pork. The rest of your questions require longer answers....perhaps tomorrow.

I believe your post (above) answers any questions I might have had about you. No need for any more info, please...and thank you for the clarification you have already provided.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 08:30 pm
Catholic priest and a rabbi are sharing a railway carriage. After a long enough silence the priest says, "I understand your religion forbids you from eating pork".

"Yes", says the rabbi. The priest snorts and sits back.

Another silence and then the rabbi says, "And I understand that YOUR religion forbids you from having sex".

"Yes", says the priest, "It does indeed".

"Well", says the rabbi, "It beats pork hands down!!".
0 Replies

snood

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 10:07 pm
<Harumph!> Ah, may I have your attention, PLEASE?? <thenk yaw>

<suitably pretentious pause>

I hereby announce that this thread, heretofore known as "Whiteness Studies", has gone to hell in a handbasket!

<crowd noises of hushed disbelief and awe>

Yew may now return to your frivolities! <thenk yew>
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 10:10 pm
The red sea becomes as one again as the vision of our Lord, Snood, recesses into the sands of time ...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 10:57 pm
snood, Ya'll can't discuss "Whiteness Studies" in isolation. If yu'ze tri to du dat, the "studeze" will be meaningless. Dats only me'ze humble pe'nion. c.i.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 10:59 pm
no problem with that, CI. Just tryin to get my guffaws and yoks, also, is all.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 11:02 pm
snood wrote:
no problem with that, CI. Just tryin to get my guffaws and yoks, also, is all.

glad to add to your guffaws and yoks - here to help - always was (as you knew and took for granted)
0 Replies