Whiteness Studies

Sofia

Sun 6 Jul, 2003 10:37 pm
sc said--I see more's the shame that those people just couldn't tolerate confronting their own white skin privilege nor the study thereof.
Why didn't I bet someone she would say that?

she also said the following incredibly stupid statement--
So sorry I upset your gentile sensibilties; oh, sorry, I meant genteel, of course!
to which, Hell, I felt I had to say (borrowing from Woody Allen)
Gosh! You didn't get cranky, did Jew? (Oh, sorry, I meant 'you', of course!)

I think the Whiteness thread is an appropriate place to come out with your prejudices, sc. Got a problem with gentiles?
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Sun 6 Jul, 2003 11:24 pm
Sofia, I feel like Al Pacino in the Godfather ... "....they just keep pulling me back in...";

Your last 2 taunts are examples of a majority-identitified person not 'getting' their impact on a minority-identified person. If you'd bother to do a little investigating on white skin privilege, you might have the intelligence to realize the parallel there is plain ole majority population privilege as well.

So, same as the other one, I don't have a problem with gentiles any more than I have a problem with white people per se, it's the system, it's the system. Don't you ever take anything other than personally? Have you ever heard "the personal is political"; do you get the connection?
Probably not.

Just leave me alone, okay? I want to be out of here, but those pesky little replies arrive from this thread as well as all my others, and I respectfully beg you to just leave me alone; please! I am off the forum, okay? Stop directing your hatefulness at me, okay? Please?

Would you please be decent enough to not mention me again; if it brings you pleasure to make bets on me, go ahead; but that's pathetic, you must realize; just leave me out of your thread. I'm still beggin you, Sofia. You got your way, so get off my back or the subject of me, okay?

I well remember how you first tried to have me ejected from A2K, so this goes back to mid-May. Could you stop looking for a reason? Could you please just leave me alone? Is that too much to ask? I think not!
0 Replies

Sofia

Sun 6 Jul, 2003 11:34 pm
You need therapy.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Sun 6 Jul, 2003 11:38 pm
You need a heart.

I can get therapy.
0 Replies

Sofia

Sun 6 Jul, 2003 11:42 pm
Times a'wastin'.

A clue-- If you want this conversation to end, you are the one who will have to stop. Continued digs are no way to get someone to do what you want.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Sun 6 Jul, 2003 11:47 pm
You must be out your mind!

I did not make a dig at you until responding to your previous taunt, which was, yes, a dig.

Dig again and I will come back at you.

This post is not a dig. It is a response to a dig from you.

Your turn to just leave me out. So, just do so.
0 Replies

Sofia

Sun 6 Jul, 2003 11:52 pm
You must be out your mind!
-------
That's a dig in these parts.
And, I know most people seem to jump at your direction--

Your turn to just leave me out. So, just do so.

--but I'm not one of them.

So, since we'll be talking all night--why don't you come up with a more believable excuse for your gentile slur? You really had me believing you were so anti-prejudice. Want to discuss your control issues?
0 Replies

snood

Mon 7 Jul, 2003 12:06 am
well, now- this is taking a healthy turn.....
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Mon 7 Jul, 2003 12:24 am
Snood,

please take control of your thread; redirect your thread; whatever

just, please, make her leave me alone
0 Replies

snood

Mon 7 Jul, 2003 12:37 am
I'm requesting "my thread" to be given a dignified burial.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Mon 7 Jul, 2003 01:01 am
The moderator for this Forum is jespah. I suppose that they are the only one who can lock it up/down?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 7 Jul, 2003 01:05 am
If you want I can lock it, but as I explained I won't delete it because I can't keep up with thread deletion requests and when we have deleted threads others complained about it and forever derided us about it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 7 Jul, 2003 05:11 am
I have spent the majority of my life striving for a society which does not judge by ethnic background, national origin, religious preference or financial status. I refuse to be goaded and my motives impugned at every turn in a forum thread where the goal ought to be fraternity and unity of purpose. I am not about to criticise the stated aim of the thread or the ultimate motives of any who have participated on it. Suffice to say, you do it your way and I will do it mine.
0 Replies

jespah

Mon 7 Jul, 2003 06:18 am
At the request of the creator this topic, it is being locked.
0 Replies