Gingrich: US may be forced to reexamine freedom of speech

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:36 am
RAW STORY
Published: Tuesday November 28, 2006

A former Republican speaker of the house mulling a possible presidential run said that America may need to reexamine freedom of speech in order to prevent future terrorist attacks.

According to a New England newspaper, Newt Gingrich "spoke to about 400 state and local power brokers last night at the annual Nackey S. Loeb First Amendment award dinner, which fetes people and organizations that stand up for freedom of speech."

Gingrich said that a "different set of rules" should be considered to reduce the ability of terrorists to use the Internet and abuse free speech to get out their message.

"We need to get ahead of the curve before we actually lose a city, which I think could happen in the next decade," Gingrich said.

Gingrich also said that he would make a decision whether or not to run for president by September of 2007.

FULL UNION LEADER ARTICLE CAN BE READ AT THIS LINK
http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Gingrich_US_may_be_forced_to_1128.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 438 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Zippo

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:42 am
Memo to New Gingrich: what we have to re-examine in this country is not freedom of speech, but freedom from rational judgement, consistently manifested in what passes for foreign policy in this administration.

We may also need to re-examine freedom from lies coming from the highest levels of government to plunge us into wars of conquest in the Middle East, which are going horrendously badly (except for defense contractors).
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 02:06 pm
The Brits have a similar problem. "UK Police Adorn Nazi Chic"
Uniforms begin to befit fascist policies abolishing freedom of speech

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Tuesday, November 28, 2006

British police have been photographed wearing bizarre Nazi-like insignia on their uniforms as the attire of Tony Blair's enforcers begins to compliment the totalitarian society the Prime Minister is creating by openly abolishing freedom of speech and freedom of assembly under draconian crime and terror laws. http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/november2006/281106nazichic.htm
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 08:33 pm
sounds interesting, what about altering the inherent right of property, too?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 10:43 pm
Zippo wrote:
Memo to New Gingrich: what we have to re-examine in this country is not freedom of speech, but freedom from rational judgement, consistently manifested in what passes for foreign policy in this administration.

We may also need to re-examine freedom from lies coming from the highest levels of government to plunge us into wars of conquest in the Middle East, which are going horrendously badly (except for defense contractors).

See what I mean Zippo, even though a thread is about something else, it always gets back to a person other than....
I know Gingrich said that but I couldn't believe he was that stupid, or dumb, or whatever one wants to call it. he can get on back to Ga & farm peanuts with Jimmah as far as I'm concerned. I think our bill of rights have been tinkered with waaaay too much already, & we do not have kings, no matter what the would be kings think!
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 06:16 pm
Newt World Order
Bush and co paving the way for power mad freaks like Gingrich
http://www.infowars.net/articles/november2006/301106Newt.htm
0 Replies