i am fattt!

NickFun

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:19 am
I still run the treadmill at the gym, play tennis and work out. I firmly believe you should get in shape while you're young. Volleyball and horseback riding are not activities you can do every day. Running, as much as Chai hates it, is a great form of exercise -- particularly for a young person.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:21 pm
No one's debating that nick, but my purpose was to open doors to variety, not restrict to just one or two things. We don't know yet if she likes running or not.

Some people can and do ride every day and have the access to playing v-ball several times a week.

If she rides twice and plays volleyball twice, she's already got half the week covered. Find one more thing and she'll be busy every day!

GEL do you own a bike?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:30 pm
Just cut out as much of the pasta, rice and/or bread as you can. If you cut that stuff out of your diet for a while, you will lose weight, guaranteed.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:38 pm
kickycan wrote:
Just cut out as much of the pasta, rice and/or bread as you can. If you cut that stuff out of your diet for a while, you will lose weight, guaranteed.

What about eggplant parm? She should cut that out too.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:38 pm
And instead of eating refried beans, ask your mom if you can have frijoles de la olla instead.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:49 pm
InfraBlue wrote:
And instead of eating refried beans, ask your mom if you can have frijoles de la olla instead.

oh yeah, I googled them and they sound alot like borracho beans.

I make the BEST borracho beans. I took a simple receipe I found and instead of putting in the fatty stuff, I found lean substitutes and spices. Plus they are super easy to make.

You know, I thought they tasted good, but I was a little hesitant went I brought a big pot of them for a lunch, because more than half the people who were going to eat there were Mexican.

But you know, there were NO leftovers, and everyone loved them. One woman, last name Hernandez said to me "You know, when you told me what you brought I was really hesitant about eating them. I didn't think a White Girl could make good beans like that." Laughing

They're very healthy and tasty. Plus, you eat a small bowl and you're satified.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:56 pm
mmm, borracho beans . . .

Borracho beans are a gussied up version of frijoles de la olla, which means simply, beans from the pot, or the beans that you boil before you start to refry them.

I like frijoles de la olla simple, with some chopped onions and a little oregano on them, just like 'ama makes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:57 pm
Sounds good to me...
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 01:18 pm
When I was young I found I could eat anything I wanted and as much as I wanted and stay trim because I was so active. Not so much now, of course.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 01:26 pm
InfraBlue wrote:

Borracho beans are a gussied up version of frijoles de la olla, which means simply, beans from the pot, or the beans that you boil before you start to refry them.

I like frijoles de la olla simple, with some chopped onions and a little oregano on them, just like 'ama makes.

the onion and oregono sound good. I'm assuming you mean some raw chopped onion and oregono on top of the beans?

When you cook them in the pot, do you add any spices at all?

Pinto beans are good because you don't have to soak them. But I love navy beans too. After they soak overnight, I'll just put them in a crockpot all day. The only think I'll do is buy a small lean ham steak and chop that up into it.

I'm not much on meat, but I like the flavor it adds to the beans. I'll take mostly beans with a little meat, and leave the meat and beans for my caveman/hunter husband. Cool

mmmm.....and lentils, now They don't need any meat at all.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 01:26 pm
Ditto
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 02:14 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:

the onion and oregono sound good. I'm assuming you mean some raw chopped onion and oregono on top of the beans?

When you cook them in the pot, do you add any spices at all?

Pinto beans are good because you don't have to soak them. But I love navy beans too. After they soak overnight, I'll just put them in a crockpot all day. The only think I'll do is buy a small lean ham steak and chop that up into it.

I'm not much on meat, but I like the flavor it adds to the beans. I'll take mostly beans with a little meat, and leave the meat and beans for my caveman/hunter husband. Cool

mmmm.....and lentils, now They don't need any meat at all.

That was ambiguous, wasn't it?

Yeah, chopped raw onions and oregano on top of the bowl of beans after they're cooked, not during. Like my 'amá serves them.

We use spices sparringly while they're boiling, like a little bit of chopped onion, and garlic sautéed in a little bit of lard. Salt is added when they're just about done.
0 Replies

GEL209

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 03:48 pm
haha i love the effort u guys r putting into the whole spanish food thing but to be honest ith you i HATE IT haha my mom makes it alot and i eat like the most of it or w.e but like burrito and tortillas and that kind of stuff makes me gag its grosssss
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 03:54 pm
So gel, what are you thinking so far about how you're going to approach this? Any of the advice you're getting sounding like something you'd do?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 04:13 pm
GEL209 wrote:
haha i love the effort u guys r putting into the whole spanish food thing but to be honest ith you i HATE IT haha my mom makes it alot and i eat like the most of it or w.e but like burrito and tortillas and that kind of stuff makes me gag its grosssss

So, are you eating stuff because "it's what's there" or "because Mom made it"?

How would you feel if you said to yourself, "I'm only going to eat the foods I really enjoy"

For instance, if you eat a tortilla because that part of what Mom made, but you don't like them, what did you get out of that?.....Nothing.

Do you cook anything yourself?

I think you need to tell us what exactly you ARE eating, and what you really LIKE to eat.

You're saying you want advice, but we can't if you don't tell us what you are doing. This way, we're just stabbing in the dark and guessing.

So....please answer...what do you eat for meals in a typical week?
Which of those foods don't you like?
Which DO you like?

We have to start from somewhere and it's your turn.

and dont say w/e....that doesn't mean anything, as in "my mom makes w/e" What is is she's making?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 04:16 pm
Wigs/eels? Worms 'n' eggs? Waffles/effluvium?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 04:19 pm
hey cyphercat...watch out. I just found out I was the cause of toogood and gaara breaking up....

you better keep your husband away from me.... Cool

I'm a regular homewrecker.

GEL, don't tell me if you have a boyfriend, I can't be responsible for what happens.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 04:26 pm
<hee> Yeah, I just saw on the "gaara come here" thread that you found out that it's officially over...You hot tamale you! Now go after that gaara-- he's all yours!
0 Replies

GEL209

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 06:02 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
hey cyphercat...watch out. I just found out I was the cause of toogood and gaara breaking up....

you better keep your husband away from me.... Cool

I'm a regular homewrecker.

GEL, don't tell me if you have a boyfriend, I can't be responsible for what happens.

what?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 06:13 pm
I bet w.e means 'whatever...'
0 Replies