Don't tell me there's no proof for evolution

spendius

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 05:21 am
@farmerman,
Sensible. Parents is the right answer to the question if they are incompetent Catholics.

Why would a non Catholic not practice the rhythm method?
farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 07:22 am
@spendius,
because in almost 35% of the time , IT DOESNT WORK. Its merely a papist dodge against birth control because "Every Sperm is Sacred"
spendius

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 08:27 am
@farmerman,
Parade your fundamentalism misogyny fm. I don't care.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 10:41 am
@spendius,
Yes, you do! That's the reason why you respond to about 110% of them. LOL
spendius

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 05:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well--women should be protected from blokes who speak out of the side of their mouths.
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 09:59 pm
Spendiosus...Off the top of my head... I would say, first off the mark, would have to be priests, popes, archbishopricks, devout Catholic preaching.. Catholicity minded... religionists like yourself.
spendius

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 06:47 am
@tenderfoot,
Oh--I don't think that the Church speaks out of the side of its mouth on matters relating to the essential subjects of these disputes. It is quite unequivocal on all of them. And Its dogmatic doctrines relating to them are the primary energy source of the pro-evolutionists precisely because of the unambiguous nature of them.

If you wish to snow them over with refutations of a Creator, miracles, a 6000 year old earth and horror stories attributal to human weakness, then you are, of course, free to do so. But those are beside the point. Pretending they are the point is the side of the mouth stuff I referred to. Like when a sweat factory owner goes around the deck of his ocean going yacht preaching to his guests, who are chosen to agree with him, that hard work never did anybody any harm.

But evolutionary forces will decide which side comes out on top and I sincerely hope that I won't be around if your side does. A sure sign that it has will be when your President stops sending you off to bed with "God bless America". Until that happens you're pissing in the wind.

You may delude yourself with such things but you won't delude me.

I'm only a religionist in the same sense that I'm a fairgroundist, or an ice-cream vanist when I neither go to fairgrounds nor eat ice-cream.

Ovid was anti-abortion you know. And I don't suppose he had ever heard of Jesus. And he made love to Corinna, gal you've bin on ma mind, through many a warm southern night. Probably some cooler ones as well. And days. It is a scholarly matter, on which I am unqualified to speak, whether he was the cause of the pregnancy she aborted without his knowledge and which led to the talking to he gave her. "Never do that again" he said.

He would have thought St Peter was a yokel. And it is said that his influence on Western literature cannot be exaggerated. Which is true.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:35 am
@spendius,
spendi, Your delusions about life is repeated so often on a2k, most of us understand that your pub world and reading is the basis of your life. That's not living! Your cloister has limited your ability to understand the real world around you.

You criticize the very things that makes your life more comfortable. Your understanding of evolution doesn't exist. Your language with so many word creations that say nothing are your worst enemy. "Anti-IDer" is a good example of your posts; a lot of words with no content. It doesn't address anything, but your myopia of what life is all about. Empty.
spendius

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't need to go running around the world in a desperate and expensive way of filling up any emptiness.

Dr Johnson wrote--" No man reads a book of science from pure inclination."

He said that the impulse came from emulation, avarice and vanity.

Your whole post is a long winded ad hominem which doesn't even attempt to answer the post in purports to do.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:54 pm
@spendius,
It's about you, spendi. They are ad hominems only if they are indefensible by showing us/me where my statements are untrue. Truth cannot be ad hominems.
spendius

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 02:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
spendi, Your delusions about life is repeated so often on a2k, most of us understand that your pub world and reading is the basis of your life. That's not living! Your cloister has limited your ability to understand the real world around you.

You criticize the very things that makes your life more comfortable. Your understanding of evolution doesn't exist. Your language with so many word creations that say nothing are your worst enemy. "Anti-IDer" is a good example of your posts; a lot of words with no content. It doesn't address anything, but your myopia of what life is all about. Empty.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 02:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The post was all untrue. Nothing but ad homs.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 02:46 pm
@spendius,
spendi, You just can't declare something untrue until you explain why it is untrue. Have you no knowledge of logic?
farmerman

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 02:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
ABOUT "EVOLUTIONISM" from Conservapedia. (Ill bet te teabaggers eat this **** up)

Quote:
Evolutionism, as opposed to Creationism, is the advocacy of or belief in biological evolution.[1] Therefore one who believes in or supports a theory of evolution[2] would be referred to as an evolutionist. Evolutionism, used in a general sense, encompasses any type of biological evolutionist. Broken down into two categories, "Evolutionism" and "Evolutionists" usually involve Atheistic/Agnostic Evolutionists (evolution without God) and Theistic Evolutionists (evolution with God). Those categories can be further broken down, but they are the main two.

The term evolutionism is used differently in different circles of thought. Generally Young Earth Creationists use it as a reference to what they believe is the world view or presupposition aspect of the scientific theory of evolution. The term is not necessarily used as a world view unto itself, but is more based off of and is possibly an extension of a variety of other world views including Materialism, Naturalism[3], and Humanism in its broadest sense. Many that hold to the theory of evolution have been known to be atheists as well, but this does not represent the entirety or whole.

“ Evolutionism is a world-view, which seeks to explain every aspect of this world in which we live. It encompasses a wide variety of topics, from astronomy to chemistry to biology. At its core, it teaches that there were different stages in the evolution of our universe...[4] ”

Evolutionists think of themselves as well-read and learned, but know virtually nothing about the Bible (unless they learned it in their childhoods). Evolutionists almost never read the Bible or are even willing to discuss it.

Theistic Evolution
Theistic Evolutionists believe that God created the universe and did not intervene directly in the evolutionary process. In general, theistic evolutionists accept the evolutionist ideas of the age of the earth and common descent. Theistic evolutionists believe that at some point God intervened in a metaphysical fashion to give souls to some small group of human ancestors. The Catholic Church holds that this is consistent with the Catholic faith.[5] Roughly twice as many people in the U.S. believe in this type of evolution(30%), as opposed to godless evolution that most atheist believe in(just a mere 13% of people). However both of these combined is still less people than the amount of people who believe in Young Earth Creation(48%), as told by The Bible

spendius

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 03:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Tell me something in your post 601 you think is true.
spendius

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 03:24 pm
@farmerman,
I can't say I agree with everything in that quote fm but why is it ****? If somebody wants to look at it that way it is fair enough.

What does it have to do with teabaggers? Or what you bet on.

What have you to say about Dr. Johnson's remark that science books are read solely to get one up on one's fellow man. Which is a theory of mine Calamity Jane inspired when she said that the scientists she knew were all nerds. Which agreed with my experience with odd exceptions. It's a state where to get hold of a serviceable wife one might have to study stuff nobody else can be arsed with. Sport being out for obvious reasons.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 03:31 pm
@spendius,
It doesn't work that way, spendi. It's up to you to prove it untrue; otherwise they are accepted as truth. It has nothing to do with ID theory.
spendius

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 05:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Do you spend all your life being obtuse. There were so many untrue statements in your ad hom tapestry that I thought it would be polite as well as efficient to ask you to pick one out for me to prove it untrue. Then you could have a second pick and I would prove that untrue and then a third and so on.

So tell me something in your post 641 that was true as I asked you to do. Then tell me your objection to my post 348 leaving out the load of ad homs.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 06:05 pm
@spendius,
It's really funny that you are the one to use the word "obtuse." ROFL
You're the king of obtuse postings on a2k. No matter what the subject, you seem to be able to inject sex into it.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 06:34 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Evolutionists think of themselves as well-read and learned, but know virtually nothing about the Bible (unless they learned it in their childhoods). Evolutionists almost never read the Bible or are even willing to discuss it.

Recent studies have shown that atheists actually know more about religion than many of the followers of those religions.

Not that that has anything to do with evolution, because atheism and evolution are not related.