Don't tell me there's no proof for evolution

RoyMcCain

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:23 am
@Thomas,
Quote:
... and you found that crap recipe in an actual cookbook? That, after all, was my question. Admit it: you made this example up as you went along. And ironically, you affirmed the general point even as you made it up. I bet you came up with one variant first and then changed one letter---which mimics the process of evolution rather than challenging it.

Also, what about my question about Jesus's grand daddy on Joseph's side: what's your answer?

I don’t have time to look for a recipe on crap. But taking into the account of the number of cookbooks in the world and the amount as scribbled recipes there are it is very possible that there is a crap recipe out there, be it by mistake.

The point still stands, one letter in the entire recipe makes a huge difference.

Joseph’s father was Jacob.
RoyMcCain

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:23 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Nonsense. Life started out with single cell life. A generation at that level is about 20 minutes. That's 72 generations a day, that's more than 26,000 generations a year. Over million and millions of years, that billions and billions of iterations. It doesn't take that long to sort out what's useful and what isn't. You have no concept of scale.

So if the population doubles with each generation, at the end of the day you would have over 2 hexillion (2.3 * 1021) organisms. If one of them now evolved, surely it would just get swamped out by the others.
wayne

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:26 am
@gileet84,
[quotThe existence of galaxies similar to ours, e][/quote]

Do you not realize the light which enables you to know of those galaxies is the mark of the past?

Evolution says nothing about nature not having the mark of a creator, where did you get that idea?
Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:27 am
@gileet84,
Where to start . . . so much bullshit, so little time . . .

I'll start with this good example of fuzzy (and idiotic) thinking:

Quote:
the coincidence of earth having a perfect distance from the sun [any closer and we burn, any further and we freeze], the convenience of the moon controlling the tides [blow up the moon and see what happens to the oceans].

Life has evolved to the forms it now has, because of the conditions in which it arose. There is absolutely no good reason to assume that life should be as it is now, and therefore your imaginary friend "created" these conditions. Just as form follows function, form also follows environment. Basically, this sort of hilarious nonsense is the most blatant example of the question-begging in which the god squad constantly indulge. Unless and until you can prove that your imaginary friend is real, rather than imaginary, that your imaginary friend is omnipotent, and that all life is the product of a special creation--you're just begging the question. Otherwise, drivel such is this is damned funny, but it makes no sense at all.

The most hilarious part of it (and the most pathetic) is the conceit involved--that this puerile vision of a deity you have is plausible, that your "god" would create sentient life forms so that they could sit around and tell one another just how wonderful their god is, and eventually spend eternity singing the praises of said deity. That might seem cool to an adolscent who hadn't given the matter much thought, but any plausible description of an omniscient and omnipotenet being would be bored to tears long before "eternity" was well under way.

Really, your fairy tales are simple-minded, and not at all plausible.
Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:28 am
@RoyMcCain,
RoyMcCain wrote:
I mention my IQ only to show how pointless it is to say “only clever people understand evolution.”

I must have missed that--who said that (other than you)?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:31 am
@RoyMcCain,
Pretty feeble--older organisms die, and feed the newer, surviving organizations. This is as absurd as suggesting that humans would never die, and we would run out of space and resources in a generation. You don't seem to apply even basic common sense to your replies.
RoyMcCain

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:31 am
@Thomas,
Quote:
Step 1: You already know that selective breeding works. Through it, humans have bred Dobermans, German Shepherds, and Chihuahuas from the same wolves that lived only a few thousand years ago. Likewise, humans have bred cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts from common ancestors that lived only thousands of years ago. You know we've been doing this to other species for millenia, and you know the effect we have had on them. No further proof is necessary beyond looking.

Step 2: Replace artificial selective breeding by humans with natural selective breeding by the specie's environment and the scarcities in it.

Step 3: Multiply the amount of change you see in selective breeding by the vast amount of time that natural selection has had---thousands of millions of years, compared to thousands of years for selective breeding---and you can understand the amount of variety you see in nature.

Selective breeding works because it is controlled. It is not proof of evolution. The traits of the dogs come by selecting only the dog with those traits. The original animal would of have to have them in its DNA code. For example from the original animals man would of select the small and breed those, and with their offspring the same would have been done, until ‘today’ when we have the Chihuahua. And from the original animal man selected dogs with certain characteristics to form Dobermans, German Shepherds etc. This is in fact the opposite of evolution. These have not gained anything new. Whether a Chihuahua could be breed from Dobermans, I am not sure. I would thing though it was unlikely. So the traits of the originally animal have to split to form lesser animals.
RoyMcCain

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:41 am
@Setanta,
Yes, but you have one evolved organism in the new generation but billions of unevolved organisms . How could that one survive? Even if older organisms die off.
Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:42 am
@RoyMcCain,
If the organism is evolved, it will very likely be better equipped to survive than its predecessors. If not, it will die and it's inferior genetic code will die with it. You need to give these things careful thought, not just respond with a knee-jerk denial based on your preferred superstition.
RoyMcCain

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:48 am
@Setanta,
So you saying that one better equipped organism could survive in the face of billions of slightly less equipped ones?
farmerman

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:50 am
@RoyMcCain,
Quote:
Yes, but you have one evolved organization in the new generation but billions of unevolved organizations. How could that one survive? Even if older organisms die off.
Thats the beauty of evolution> One individual may have the "hoped for" structure or genetic mutation that codes for a beneficial change and it survives a new environmental condition (REMEMBER MOST ALL EVOLUTION IS ADAPTIVE). All thoe that dont measure up become extinct. If you look at the fossil record, of all the organisms that ever lived 99.99999% are extinct.

AS Spencer said. "Evolution merely dsiplays the survival of the most fit(has been bastardized to a shortened tautological phrase "Survival of the fittest")"
0 Replies

RoyMcCain

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:54 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Once again--and it's tedious to point this out--humans did not evolve from monkeys. Nobody with a lick of sense claims we did.

And by the way it is said that human evolved from egyptopithecus. Which is:A Miocene monkey which bridges the gap between the Eocene ancestors of Old world monkeys and Miocene ancestor of Hominoidae. Or in other words "human evolve from monkeys". (or at least that what is claimed by Evolutionists.
Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:54 am
@RoyMcCain,
Once again, you're not thinking clearly--with billions upon billions of iterations, it is highly unlikely that you'd have just a single evolved example of the organism within those billions. But even if you did, any evolved trait which improved the reproductive opportunity will assure that the evolved organism will evenually take over it's environmental niche. Initially, there was insufficient oxygen in the atmosphere to poison the anaerobic, single-cell organisms which were the dominant life-forms. However, aerobic single-cell ogranisms evolved which had a highly efficient ability to exploit the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, and the byproduct of their respiration was free oxygen put into the atmosphere. Eventually, oxygen levels rose to the point that most (but by no means all) of the anaerobic organisms were killed off. Those anaerobic organisms exist to this day, but only in special environmental niches in which they are protected from exposure to free oxygenn in the atmosphere. Aerobic organisms, or at the least organisms which are not poisoned by free oxygen in the atmosphere, have become dominant.

Either you don't understand the scale of the numbers, or you're just unwilling to give this careful thought because it contradicts your preferred superstition.
Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 08:00 am
@RoyMcCain,
No, scientists who study evolution (no such thing as "evolutionists" except in the minds of religiously motivated fanatics who want to make their objections to a theory of evolution a political matter) do not consider aegyptopithecus (it's useful to get your terms correct if you want to have any credibility) to have been a "monkey." As an ancestor to old world monkeys and apes, it would have been neither--it would have been a common ancestor of the type you've been sneering at. You get your "information" from creationist web sites, huh?
wandeljw

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 08:03 am
@RoyMcCain,
RoyMcCain wrote:

Quote:
Once again--and it's tedious to point this out--humans did not evolve from monkeys. Nobody with a lick of sense claims we did.

And by the way it is said that human evolved from egyptopithecus. Which is:A Miocene monkey which bridges the gap between the Eocene ancestors of Old world monkeys and Miocene ancestor of Hominoidae. Or in other words "human evolve from monkeys". (or at least that what is claimed by Evolutionists.

Humans did not evolve from the monkeys that we see today. Egyptopithecus has long been extinct. Why do you ignore extinction?
spendius

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 08:05 am
@wayne,
Quote:
Do you not realize the light which enables you to know of those galaxies is the mark of the past?

And so is the light which enables you to know where the fingers of your watch are pointing to to tell you the time of day. And as nobody knows what time is they can't be telling the time really but only be a sort of personal planner to guide you through the day in an orderly and well-managed manner as befits any self-respecting Major in 3 ologies. That's just Christian time. The first clock was made just about at the epoch when the Dark Ages were faded out. A gradual process not yet entirely completed. Nowadays we all check the time many times in the day. It is so important to us to know where we should be and what we should be doing that TV screens often show the time all the time. It might be a mark of importance to be conscious of where one should be and what one should be doing. The most important person being the one who comes closest to being a clockwork orange. The least important being the ones who rarely know what month it is. Which requires the avoidance of filling in forms. Only hermits can achieve 100% success though. If you're not a hermit properly they'll find a form for you to fill in just in case you're losing track of time.

I once dated a signature blissfully unaware that it was my birthday.

The Creator's sticky mitts are all over everything I see. I think She needs some nanotechnologists. Back to Lamarck eh? Necessity is Invention's Mom.
RoyMcCain

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 08:10 am
@Setanta,
If there no such such things as 'evolutionists'. What would you refer to yourself as, so i can use the correct term in future?
RoyMcCain

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 08:11 am
@wandeljw,
Quote:
RoyMcCain wrote:

Quote:

Humans did not evolve from the monkeys that we see today. Egyptopithecus has long been extinct. Why do you ignore extinction?

no one said the monkeys that are alive today.
Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 08:14 am
@RoyMcCain,
Human being works well for me.
Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 08:15 am
@RoyMcCain,
No one with sufficient credentials to be considered expert has said that aegyptopithecus was a monkey.