Don't tell me there's no proof for evolution

spendius

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 11:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
Cliched drivel. Another sodding speech. No answer to Eudie's post.

But the recognition of the existence of emotions is a very dangerous step for an anti-IDer to take from his own point of view.

Spock was devoid of emotions.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 11:48 am
@spendius,
spendi, FYI, Spock is a fictional character.
spendius

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 01:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Not at all. Spock was created by scriptwriters who were seeking to depict an unemotional, scientific methodologist. Spock was a creation in somebody's head based upon similar creations in other art works. That head was not a fiction.

What the use of you talking about fiction when you don't know anything about the matter as you just proved.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 01:08 pm
@aperson,
Your DNA is a record of your evolution. The "junk" DNA are deactivated genes of your earlier form. An analysis of your anatomy would revela the evolution of the brain. The cerebellum ia reptile brain.
spendius

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 01:15 pm
@talk72000,
Do we accept the reptilian side of our nature or do we seek ways to inhibit it?
talk72000

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 01:19 pm
@spendius,
The uncontrolled reptillian emotions can controlled by the cerebrum the thinking part that developed later. The first reactions are reptillian but after the few seconds the thinking part takes over.
spendius

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 01:26 pm
@talk72000,
Why? How?
talk72000

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 01:33 pm
@spendius,
The reptillian brain is the brain stem and closer to the spine. The feelings are in the Amigdala. The cerebrum is farther out and so this explains the reaction. Besides the comp[lexity of the cerebrum slows it down a bit. The cerebrum includes the thinking part which includes cultural upbrnging and education, etc.

http://www.toukoukyohi.com/society/relationshipbmb.htm
talk72000

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 02:47 pm
Amigdala:
http://cat.bloctum.com/carmerosanas/files/2007/11/amigdala.gif

Reptillian Brain:
http://images.blog-u.net/images/243_reptilian_brain.gif

http://images.blog-u.net/images/880_reptilian_brain.jpg

http://blog.4rev.net/2009-06/reptilian-brain-fear-and-control/
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 03:19 pm
@talk72000,
Quote:
The cerebrum is farther out and so this explains the reaction.

Do you mean it is because of how long it takes for the electrical impulses to reach a part a few inches "further out".

Does the cultural upbringing and education affect the reactions?

How much is "a bit"?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 03:20 pm
@spendius,
You know what they say; give them an inch...
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 05:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
spendi, FYI, Spock is a fictional characte

Fair's fair - so is spendi.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 05:35 pm
@hingehead,
However, Roddenberry was more creative than spendi in every way.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 07:02 pm
@spendius,
This is for neurologists and if you want more details speak to a neurosurgeon or a neurology professor. If someone kicked your family treasures what would you do? Now if the kicker was the Prince of Wales what would you do? Think of the time span between the two reactions of two separate incidents and you can figure it out yourself.
spendius

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 05:09 am
@talk72000,
I would ring the cops in both cases at the same speed.
talk72000

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 01:17 pm
@spendius,
Maybe you would be nursing your jewels. Twisted Evil Mr. Green
0 Replies

RoyMcCain

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 04:27 am
@aperson,
For those who say the we are just 2% different from apes. Think about this; with a few basic ingredients a cook can create hundreds even thousands of different meals. So just because we are simular to animal doesnt mean we evoled from them.

Evolution does not explain anything! It only pushes the question far back.

For example:
Q: Where did man come from?
A: Apes.
Q: Where did apes come from?
A: Ape-like creatures?
Q:And those?
A:Early mammal.
Q: And those?
A: Fish
And so it goes. But How did the first living thing came about?
Scientific fact: Life comes from life. Unless we use Dark-age logic such as rats can come from old rags.
And Where did all matter come from?
It like a man saying i created this chair from nothing. How? Well I made the chair, from wood i cut from a tree, which i grew from a seed.
Where did the seed come from. Oh its too small must of been here forever.

If evolation 'created' everything then live, earth and the universe would be a lot more random. I group of animals would of evoled without eyes and ears and noses but would have other senses.

The Bible clears says the God made animals according to there "kinds". So today we have many kinds of dogs. But they are all dogs. They have not changed.

@aperson
You say that evolation is like a word puzzle. But in fact when we look at creation, they 'words' havent changed maybe the font and colour and size. But word is still WORD.

@edgarblythe
A theory is not a fact. And still has to be proven before it is considered a fact. saying evolation "has moved from mere hypothesis to theory" is like saying the answer has 'moved' from being between 1 and 100000 to beeing between 10 to 95125.

Changes to happen in animals, colouring etc... even some mutation, frog growing a extra pair of legs. Some take this to prove evolation. But infact 99.99% of all mutation are harmful in some way to the animal. And any changes in colour etc, does not constitute a new type of animal. It hard to see how these changes and mutations could ever bring about the eye, or anything else.

The independence we see today could not have evole a minute step at a time. It must of had an intelligent designer and creator.

@ Eorl
Does anyone realy understands evolation? No. Most people follow it blindly because 'thats what intellectual ones beleive.' or because they dont want to beleive in God.

One creator, one purpose is alot better than millions, even billions of dice rolls. They say in medical school, one disease or problem that explains the conditions is better than two more. I wonder using that logic which is easier to beleive in.

There is no proof of evolution. If there was then it would be taught as a fact not a theory. The universe is so order and arrange that it could not have come about by chance.

It takes great faith it beleive in evolution then to beleive in God.

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 04:31 am
@RoyMcCain,
RoyMcCain wrote:

For those who say the we are just 2% different from apes. Think about this; with a few basic ingredients a cook can create hundreds even thousands of different meals. So just because we are simular to animal doesnt mean we evoled from them.

Evolution does not explain anything! It only pushes the question far back.

For example:
Q: Where did man come from?
A: Apes.
Q: Where did apes come from?
A: Ape-like creatures?
Q:And those?
A:Early mammal.
Q: And those?
A: Fish
And so it goes. But How did the first living thing came about?
Scientific fact: Life comes from life. Unless we use Dark-age logic such as rats can come from old rags.
And Where did all matter come from?
It like a man saying i created this chair from nothing. How? Well I made the chair, from wood i cut from a tree, which i grew from a seed.
Where did the seed come from. Oh its too small must of been here forever.

If evolation 'created' everything then live, earth and the universe would be a lot more random. I group of animals would of evoled without eyes and ears and noses but would have other senses.

The Bible clears says the God made animals according to there "kinds". So today we have many kinds of dogs. But they are all dogs. They have not changed.

@aperson
You say that evolation is like a word puzzle. But in fact when we look at creation, they 'words' havent changed maybe the font and colour and size. But word is still WORD.

@edgarblythe
A theory is not a fact. And still has to be proven before it is considered a fact. saying evolation "has moved from mere hypothesis to theory" is like saying the answer has 'moved' from being between 1 and 100000 to beeing between 10 to 95125.

Changes to happen in animals, colouring etc... even some mutation, frog growing a extra pair of legs. Some take this to prove evolation. But infact 99.99% of all mutation are harmful in some way to the animal. And any changes in colour etc, does not constitute a new type of animal. It hard to see how these changes and mutations could ever bring about the eye, or anything else.

The independence we see today could not have evole a minute step at a time. It must of had an intelligent designer and creator.

@ Eorl
Does anyone realy understands evolation? No. Most people follow it blindly because 'thats what intellectual ones beleive.' or because they dont want to beleive in God.

One creator, one purpose is alot better than millions, even billions of dice rolls. They say in medical school, one disease or problem that explains the conditions is better than two more. I wonder using that logic which is easier to beleive in.

There is no proof of evolution. If there was then it would be taught as a fact not a theory. The universe is so order and arrange that it could not have come about by chance.

It takes great faith it beleive in evolution then to beleive in God.

One more person with his head so deep up his ass he can't see anything but what's in his imagination.
Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 04:36 am
@RoyMcCain,
Man did not come from apes. The great apes and man share a common ancestor. It's unsurprising that you distort the terms of evolutionary research to suit your goofy prejudice, and what's hilarious is that you then turn around and tell us what the bible says, as though that were sound, reliable evidence.

Evolution is not concerned with the origins of life. It only applies to life after life comes into existence. Another religious loony tries to frame an argument which is actually irrelevant to evolutionary theory.
RoyMcCain

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 04:49 am
@edgarblythe,
so prove to me evolution, if you can?