Don't tell me there's no proof for evolution

spendius

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 02:27 pm
@farmerman,
You just make it up as you go along fm. Rules on the hoof to suit yourself. There are half a dozen things I've written been used as signatures, one still is, and many crossover references. It never entered my head to think anything about them much less to start making up A2K regulations.

You have mentioned your kids as well. So don't get on your high horse with me.

It's about time you started thinking of yourself as I do myself. How can any organism, never mind one with underpant skiddies, be a big deal in evolution. You have no grasp on evolution at all.

A2K is a pub with "bring-your-own" beer. A chemical reaction. How could an evolutionist think of it in any other way. How many Americans are the result of a gleam in the eye in an alcoholic environment. Most women are bad enough to look at drunk. I daresay we are to them.

It is a mistake to think women are appraising you the way you think they ought to. It probably derives from the gross error of imagining women are educable due to a similar underestimation of their intellectual capacities. And if I were to say that well known politenesse "present company excepted" I would feel as if I had insulted any ladies reading this.
farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 09:21 pm
@spendius,
I wonder whats happened to CI. We havent seen him on any of the evo threads for a few weeks now. Is he off on one of his junkets?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 09:30 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I wonder whats happened to CI. We havent seen him on any of the evo threads for a few weeks now. Is he off on one of his junkets?

He said on facebook he cannot log into a2k any more and has given up trying.
farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 12:08 am
@edgarblythe,
I had that problem briefly last year and I had to go around by going on a2k.org . Wow, hes been an old hand and a sponsor of many of the get togethers as I understand.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 06:51 am
Yep. I have known CI, starting on Abuzz. Hopefully, he will miss us enough to find a way around the problem.
Lightwizard

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 12:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's usually something wrong with the browser, eb. One of us should let him know to re-check his allowed cookies or try going directly to www.able2know.org
spendius

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 06:21 pm
@Lightwizard,
Anybody volunteering??
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 08:08 am
@Seed,
Seed wrote:
Wow I came in here hoping to learn a little and read that last page and I kind of don't want to venture on if the discussion is anything like the last bit.

Hi Seed, You're probably better off reading the first couple of pages even though they are very old. Back in pre-Spendi days this thread generated lots of interesting discussion.
farmerman

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 10:12 am
@rosborne979,
I just finished Dawkins latest work. "The Greatest Show on EArth".
Hes finally gotten away from the Narcissism that had been holding up his previous 4 or 5 works and has really gotten back into the "science basis" of evolutionary theory.
Its actually a damn good read and I am slightly modifying my opinion of him as a result.
spendius

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 11:56 am
@rosborne979,
If Seed is still with us he ought to know that what ros means is that interesting discussion is defined as that in which ros, and those who agree with him, get to spout unopposed and which would soon fade out and help to render A2K into a poor-man's Facebook.

The "last bit" I presume Seed meant were subjects not raised by me. I was compared with those of Breugel's paintings that fm happened to have seen, not including the pastoral bliss stuff, and I offered my advice on rusty nails sticking out of beams at head height in places where one's loved ones might pass by. I think it good manners to comment upon what people say and really, really bad manners to start hiding behind "being on topic" as soon as the comments are not to one's liking.

I feel quite sure that if causing a rusty nail to stick in somebody's head was a commendable activity and A2Kers were eager to compliment fm on managing it we would be discussing it yet. Similarly if posters were discussing Breugel in a light which showed fm's best side.

In evolution an injury on a rusty nail was very dangerous and it is only our hospitals which make them less so today and which allow evolution's characteristics to be countermanded as we also do in regard to many other activities not least those which lead to the controlled exercise of our reproductive function in ways evolution had never seen fit to employ.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 09:07 pm
saw this quote and thought of you guys today

Quote:
Some people...have the idea that evolution is a system of "oh i need flippers, i'd better grow some" type. It's more like "Oh **** look at that freak over there with the flippers hahaha OH **** I AM DROWNING OH GOD SAVE ME FLIPPER BOY".
farmerman

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 06:59 am
@Seed,
Theres a lotta truth in that. Its always good when we dont need a 3" book of oblique terms to explain phenom
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 07:09 am
@farmerman,
Thanks for the review, FM.

I'll check it out at Audiobooks.

Joe(Listening to Dawkins read his books always means listening to them a couple of times)Nation
farmerman

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 08:57 am
@Joe Nation,
you mean Dawkins books are on Audiobooks???
I never knew. SDo you have a link to the audio books site?
spendius

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 09:12 am
@farmerman,
He needs the cash fm. A wife and two ex-wives must be rather trying I should think.

I trust he never did anything Tiger Woods has done. That would be simply awful Florence.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 07:27 am
Here is a cartoon specifically addressed to the Roman Catholic priesthood but which is applicable to Creationists and Intelligent Design supporters:

http://www.smbc-comics.com/#comic
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 11:10 am
@Joe Nation,
How many can really understand Dawkins' verbiage?
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 11:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
I have not read Dawkins, because I already have my opinion, which seems to be similar to his. If I read him it might seem too much like stocking up amunition for arguing, which I don't really want.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 12:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgar, I was responding to fm's post about Hawkins' audio books. I thought most people can't understand what he says, because of his speech impediment.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 12:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I was making a statement on my own. Hope there's no confusion.