Don't tell me there's no proof for evolution

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 10:59 am
I assume that effemm's invitation to me to offer a contribution on here is tantamount to an admission that ros is talking out of his ego when he declares me a troll.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 12:09 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
"Genes" is a word which some people use to attempt to maintain, sometimes to themselves in the really bad cases, that an irreducibly complex mechanism, such as a life form, can be lassooed by their intelligence and reduced to a concept they think they understand by the mere naming of something.

Since you posted this several days ago, Im sure youve forgotten what it is that you were trying to convey. Im sure I havent a notion. You seem somewhat bitter and angry. Not gettin any?
spendius

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 01:46 pm
@farmerman,
You know very well what I was trying to convey old chap. And it's something I never forget.

Your blustering and pathetic attempt to sally forth a riposte does your reputation no good.

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 01:52 pm
@spendius,
I never really considered that I was working on a "reputation" dimmy. We just banter back and forth (Some of us do,try to make sense first).

BAck on ignore with you old fart, its better I do this. Its for your own good. Casual visitors wont be as kind as I. Theyll try to call 911.
spendius

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 02:06 pm
@farmerman,
I thought 911 was chosen to reduce trying to a minimum.

Suppose they did--what would they report me for? Free speech??
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 06:19 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Might I suggest reading The Making of the Fittestor Relics of Eden , these are two easily digested books on how genes are created, modified, transcribed and how they interact in a body plan to reflect evolution.

Haven't seen AndreNel for a while. Do you think he's off reading your suggestions? Wink
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 11:10 pm
Altered Quote:
"gods" is a word which some people use to attempt to maintain, sometimes to themselves in the really bad cases, that an irreducibly complex mechanism, such as a mythum form, can be lassooed by their intelligence and reduced to a concept they think they understand by the mere naming of something.

spendius

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 05:55 am
@tenderfoot,
Yes--that's okay tf.

Your witty alteration of my sentence does put those who use "genes" and those who use God into the same mental state.

But the miracles wrought by gene users are minute compared to the miracle wrought by the God users of Christianity. And that assumes the former are miracles and not just superficial extensions of technology which may well turn on us.
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 05:56 pm
Altered quote

But the science wrought by gene users are minute happenings over vast periods of time compared to the overnight miracle wrought by the composers of the religious writers of the mythical bible of the God users of Christianity. And that assumes the former are facts and not just superficial extensions of the truth which may well turn us on.
spendius

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 06:07 pm
@tenderfoot,
Perhaps tf you would prefer to live in those "vast periods of time" rather than in the sudden miracle, in Darwinian terms, of the composers of the religious writers of the mythical bible of the God users of Christianity.

Rather you than me.

0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 06:40 pm
@tenderfoot,
His grammar sucks.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 06:41 pm
@Lightwizard,

"Sucks" is too kind a word to describe his gibberish.
tsgiss

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 07:45 pm
@aperson,

Such a very amazing link!

calcul pret assurance simulation taux emprunt immobilier - Taux emprunt immobilier. Comparez les offres d’emprunt immobilier, simulation emprunt immobilier, taux emprunt immobiliercalcul pret assurance simulation taux emprunt immobilier
spendius

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 06:26 am
@tsgiss,
Why amazing?

Quote:
Evolution is a very simple concept, don't try to complicate it.

It said. And it's true. It is very simple.

It's nearly as simple as the two posts above from LW and ci.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 06:54 am
@tsgiss,
Where's the link? I could not detect any link.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 07:04 am
@Lightwizard,
It's in his sig line. Just a spam marketing post.
spendius

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 10:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
"Sucks" is too kind a word to describe his gibberish.

I notice that you don't say that sort of thing on the Universal Health Care thread where I support the position you seem to be taking. Gibberish is now defined as anything that ci. disagrees with. I keep calling it circular because I am polite. It is actually a form of insanity. It is narcissistic as are your posts on the UHC thread.

And thus what your statement says is that my support for UHC is "gibberish.

And opponents of UHC don't respond to my posts on that thread whereas your posts in effect sweep the stage, adjust the acoustics for them and provide them with a nice,easy introduction everytime you spout up. From the point of view of UHC your posts are nothing but a spanner in the works. Now that is serious gibberish.

Perhaps you might be good enough to explain why my posts are gibberish citing a few examples and then I can explain why they were not. As things stand you have left me with no defence. The usual sort of underhanded trick I expect from you and your pals.

Perhaps you might give us all an idea of your response if your posts on the UHC thread were simply designated gibberish with no further explanation.

I fully understand why my posts "suck" for LW. They have to do to maintain his self esteem. But gibberish is a different sort of word.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 05:43 pm
@rosborne979,
we are being used for shameless self promotion. WHY YOU ......!
spendius

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 06:22 pm
@farmerman,
I used the word "dupe" long ago effemm.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 04:40 pm
@real life,
real life wrote:

I'll have you know I've lost 20 pounds in the past 6 months.

What ever happened to RL?