Don't tell me there's no proof for evolution

farmerman

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 02:17 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Professor Dunaway, in a detailed biography of Huxley in Hollywood, made no mention of the matter farmerman brought up. Whether the professor thought it tactless to say such a thing about a famous American scientist or farmerman made it up I don't know. Or got it from a peer-reviewed source maybe.

YOU idiot, I have no interest in your diversionary insert re: Hubble and Huxley (It wasnt even relevant to the board). My comment, purely made up, was obviously a joke at Huxleys expense.
Lightwizard

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 02:35 pm
@farmerman,
That was so obvious. But when one is devoid of a sense of humor, what do you expect?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 03:18 pm
That's the sort of thing I might say if I was you. They always say it was just a joke when caught lying. And the claque says it was obvious. Natch. What else do we expect?

Still not answered either questions I highlighted I see. You don't want a debate. You want to shout everybody down.

Isn't making up a tactless joke a diversionary tactic?

LW wouldn't know a sense of humour if it bit him on the arse. We have to use all sorts of fey euphemisms on the Prop 6 thread to keep on the right side of the delicate sensibilities of the PC brigade which is well known to be a laugh a minute.

If assertions were banned you guys would be rendered speechless.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 10:24 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

You do seem to be given to assertions ap.

I only bother with those when they relate to impersonal matters.

Which is of course why you accused me of bamboozling my lecturers in order to get an A+.

For ****'s sake, get a life man. Good job being a creationist, but I wouldn't count on getting to heaven, if God has any sense of fairness, because you are simply a mean person.
farmerman

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 05:45 am
@aperson,
Good point. Hey spendius, Its FAith AND Works you shankerpotamus.
Lightwizard

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 08:28 am
@farmerman,
I don't know whether he has his faith or not but apparently his "works" are acting as a troll on a public forum or sitting in a pub and gawd knows what he does there besides downing pints. That's not going to get him to heaven either.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 01:50 pm
@aperson,
Quote:
Which is of course why you accused me of bamboozling my lecturers in order to get an A+.

I did no such thing. You should address your comprehension skills if you wish to get on. I suggested a method for you to do that and to get an A++. Who wants a measly A+?

It would never enter my head that you can bamboozle your teachers at the stage you are at. I was offering you a leg up.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 01:52 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Good point. Hey spendius, Its FAith AND Works you shankerpotamus.

You have taken ap's misreading for granted there old chap. Check the post he refers to.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 01:57 pm
This was the post--

Quote:
Well- what a going-places student is supposed to do is check out what Aldous Huxley said about science and ponder its validity and relevance.

That stuff about improved means to unimproved ends.

One sure way to A ++ is to bamboozle your professors which doesn't look to be all that difficult a task. Competitions about who slurps up what's on the spoon best are for dimwits.

Where does that say that ap has been bamboozling his lecturers? It implies he hasn't been and should start learning how to.

I've never seen a yo-yo that works horizontally before.
aperson

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 10:13 pm
@spendius,
If you are attempting to confuse me, it isn't working. I know to what you were referring, so don't try to snake your way out of it.
spendius

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 12:03 pm
@aperson,
You're obviously not going places ap.
aperson

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 09:48 pm
@spendius,
Ditto spendi.
farmerman

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 10:00 pm
@aperson,
spendi makes his lonely way to a bar stool everynight. HE interacts with his social network composed of folks like he, folks who are so self impressed that they need to only hold court in public spaces so that the loudest is percieved as the wisest.

Then, after several malt beverages and a few free drafts of single gut rotgut, he quietly slips off his stool and goes to sleep.

The dear.

Just keep up your work AP, spendius thinks hes Bobbie Coltrane, flawed, but a genius nevertheless. (UNless of course, Bobbies in his HAgrid costume). Spenid's gone as far as he is able, being criticized by him is like having Philly's "Jesus Lady in the Suburban Station" yell at you for your wicked life. She's pitiful, so is spendi. Only difference is that the "Jesus Lady" has hundreds of fans.
Lightwizard

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 08:02 am
@farmerman,
farmerman

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 08:17 am
@Lightwizard,
THose prank calls can be really funny when the other side has no clue. Ill bet that tech support had a really good day after that.
Lightwizard

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 08:56 am
@farmerman,
I've had those days where I wanted to tell the tech support with the ultra-heavy accent that I can't understand a word he's saying. He would, after a few "huh, I didn't understand that," turn me over to a supervisor who's accent was even deeper. Only I'd kid around and ask him how the weather was in New Delhi and end up figuring out how to fix the problem myself. I would not threaten that Jesus might whack them. Eventually I got used to translating the accent.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 09:19 am
@aperson,
I've been places ap. Not much use any of them. Same old **** everywhere. You can always tell somebody who has never been anywhere of significance. They always want to go places. Like they are frustrates. You can tell they haven't found out how useless these places all are. They still have ambitions based on having swallowed the bullshit from a load of carrot danglers.

A2K self selects for folk who still fancy going places. And who want to share. That can give you the false impression that you're in a majority who think going places has something worthwhile on the end of it. It is a bad mistake.

I've been inside the rim of Mt Etna and it looks just the same as any other rocky outcrop above your sightline.

The hero of Titantic left his life in Wisconsin to go to Paris to "be an artist". Spendius left his comfy hearth to seek his fortune buying and selling women. Both are fictional characters of course but the authors were trying to tell you something.

effemm runs a rat run you know. He dangles a diploma under their noses for proving they have paid rapt attention to his spiels, which can be decoded as paeans of praise to his own numinosity, which glows don't you know if nobody laughs. The reason he thinks I think I'm good is because he can't imagine anybody not doing. So he projects that twee sentiment onto me. As if I don't know what a hopeless asshole I am. Then he has these little fantasies which are just strings of cliches he's picked up on his weary way through this vale of tears and woe. They cheer him up. They have as much effect on me as Colonel Hall had on Bilko. He probably read them in one of those crap books he spends his time on. He reads crap so that he can continue aspiring to be a writer. I read class books and gave up such a silly aspiration on realising just how far back I am. If writing was a cross-country race effemm would be among the stragglers.

Getting through life in one piece is all I'm interested in and having a bit of fun along the way watching the jackdaws strut in peacock's feathers.

You should never show disrespect to older gentlemen you know. You might as well jump off a high building.
aperson

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 04:36 am
@spendius,
You are clearly a mean, obnoxious, arrogant, old bastard. I don't care what you think or what kind of mess you have made of your life. People succeed. Life is not just a ******* funeral. Get over yourself and stop trying to deter me from TRYING.
aperson

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 04:53 am
@Lightwizard,
Hahahaha love it.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 07:33 am
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard wrote:
Jesus lady calls for tech support.

Was that a prank call or was that for real?

"He's threatnin to keel me" Smile