When will Bush finally admit the civil war in Iraq?

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 09:37 am
Horrible attacks in Iraq yesterday. Today, reports of Sunnis drenched in gasoline and set on fire to burn to death alive.

How bad does it have to get before Bush admits Iraq's civil war and get our troops out of the middle of it?

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 431 • Replies: 9
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 09:41 am
He will not end it until he is forced out by his own countrymen.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 09:46 am
Quote:
When will Bush finally admit the civil war in Iraq?

They'll be his final words, from his death bed...

"Iraq did have a civil war, i had lied" ~ G.W Bush Year 2051
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 09:46 am
Beginning in Jan, the Dems can stop funding anytime they like. They will be in the catbirds seat, they will control the purse strings.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 09:59 am
Madam
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Beginning in Jan, the Dems can stop funding anytime they like. They will be in the catbirds seat, they will control the purse strings.

Sorry to disappoint you, Madam. Bush has worked hard to make sure the purse is empty. Talk about looting our treasury in favor of the war profiteers just like the dictators in third world countries.

BBB
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 10:03 am
Re: Madam
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you, Madam. Bush has worked hard to make sure the purse is empty. Talk about looting our treasury in favor of the war profiteers just like the dictators in third world countries.

BBB

Are you saying that the Dems are incapable of stopping the funding for this war? I am sorry to disappoint you but it's on the Dems now, they will govern & control. So, when the dems don't stop the funding, will they be complicit in the continuation of depleteing our treasury even more? It's easy to sit on the sidelines & gripe, much harder to be in charge, don't you agree?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 10:07 am
Madam
Madam, nope, it's much harder to set up straw dogs when you know nobody, including the Democrats, will harm our troups by cutting of the funding they need to survive.

Karl Rove tried to set them up but fell on his arse.

BBB
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 10:12 am
Re: Madam
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Madam, nope, it's much harder to set up straw dogs when you know nobody, including the Democrats, will harm our troups by cutting of the funding they need to survive.

Karl Rove tried to set them up but fell on his arse.

BBB

It's also very difficult, I'm sure to run a country. However, just as the R's were in charge, so soon will the Dems be in charge, & no president can do much of anything unless Congress goes along with him. The Dems could stop the funding just as they did in Vietnam.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 12:15 am
The Democrats are not in charge until they have 2/3's majority in Congress and a Democratic President.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 12:40 am
The US presidency has a huge amount of power over foreign policy. The Democrats, even with both houses of Congress, have their hands tied as far as what to do.

I have been strongly against the war since before it started. Even I don't want the Democrats to halt funding since this would result in a power struggle that would make our soldiers the victims. No American wants this.

What I do want is for the Democrats to be a strong, vocal and responsible opposition to the Bush presidency. I want them to present clear arguments about why America needs to abandon any hope of controlling Iraq. I want them to promote a clear path for withdrawral to the American people.

I think the American people understand that Bush still has the reins in Iraq and that the only thing the Congress could do would be very irresponsible.

Of course-- there just might possibly be chance that Iraq may potentially have an effect on the 2008 election.
0 Replies