The Game

CowDoc

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 03:49 pm
As close as that was, it might be interesting to see how they might do on a neutral field. Glad you've been having fun, soz. I have to be in Columbus the first of the month. Hope things settle down a bit by then!
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 05:10 pm
sozobe wrote:
I wondered about that swarming on the field thing, didn't look very safe. Is it legal?

Actually I think that rushing the field is illegal .... but I have personally never seen any arrests from it. (Although it very well could happen.) Even in high school, fans would rush the field after big games and especially during play-offs. Of course that was on a smaller scale than this. The cops that were on the field last night were adamant on protecting the goalposts after what happened a few years back. I had a couple of cops that were ahead of me out on the field that were joining in on the O-H I-O chants. That was cool to see.

I don't think Michigan should have a rematch. Although I am very confident of beating them again ... cause the bigger the game, the more Smith steps up to the plate and brings it home for us. He has beaten Michigan on our turf ...their turf ...why not neutral turf. Ya know? But playing Michigan is always so danged much fun because they always play their best game when they play us.

BUT ... Michigan had their head to head shot, and lost .... let someone else step up to the plate against us for the national championship.

When you think about it, it seems almost silly to have a rematch because it would in essence be saying that in order for Ohio State to win the National Title ... they would have to beat their biggest rivals TWICE. And in order for Michigan to win the National Title ...they would have to beat their biggest rival ONCE. So if Michigan won over us, that could end up causing a controversial consensus title.

I think it will either be ND or USC playing Ohio State for the championship.

I hope it's USC.
0 Replies