George

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:08 pm
TD Michigan. Go fer 2?
0 Replies

sozobe

Not so fast.

Three points, more than two minutes...

If this goes into overtime I fear for my health.
0 Replies

George

Yep
0 Replies

JPB

And, yet..... there's still a little over two minutes to play.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:11 pm
Two?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:12 pm
nope, three...
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:12 pm
Hmmmmm
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:13 pm
they'll make it...
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:13 pm
Amazing game.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:14 pm
I hope, soz, that Columbus will not get too, too wild tonight. I am exhausted.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:16 pm
81 total points scored!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:18 pm
...exhale...

If it was just me I'd jump in the car and go drive around and yell and wave -- but don't know how crazy it will get, in terms of bringing sozlet.

Still have the BCS game...

Whew!! That has to be a top ten football game ever.

Thanks for watching with me, guys!

http://www.sportoculars.com/images/osu_logo.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:27 pm
Not BCS... whatever the national championship game is called. (That, I guess. I'm not up to speed on this, last I knew there were just a bunch of bowl games.)

I didn't realize that there might be a re-match there -- Michigan vs. OSU for the national championship. Good grief!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:45 pm
I had no dog in this fight between Ohio State and Michigan. I went with rooting for OSU only because Soz was. It was a fine game, hard fought.
It was close to the end.

(In return for that support, sozobe, how about going to the NFL pick thing (The Road To New Orleans) and becoming our Guest Picker of the Week)

Shamelessly, Realjohnboy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 07:11 pm
Aw, that's sweet RJB, thanks!

I have this former REAL football fan pride where I have a hard time picking if I don't know what the hell is going on -- and I don't know what the hell is going on. Really haven't been following the NFL this year, what little space I have for football has been wholly occupied by the Buckeyes (while occasionally peeking through my fingers to see how badly the Packers are doing -- they've managed to win four whole games, sigh).
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 08:00 pm
No problem, sozobe. I troll the very shallow waters of A2K for folks interested in sports. I am used to being ignored in my quest for players.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 02:43 pm
Hey Soz!

Was very fortunate to own tickets to the big game, albeit $600 for a pair of them. Not bad tickets though …C section at about the 45 yard line, and purchased before the price had went up to well over double n' triple that. No obstructions, no ID needed. Nearly perfect. Could have sold them just outside the shoe on Saturday and made a hellacious profit. You almost were afraid to even admit that you had tickets, as people were almost frantically running around trying to find willing sellers.

There were 23 of us that headed for Columbus after work Friday. By game time we grew to 58 total. Only 4 of us were inside the shoe for the game as we were the only ones with tickets. It's been one partying weekend but man what a blast! And what a game!

Mercy .....that one fake play in the 2nd quarter! It doesn't get much better than that. Troy faked a pass to Chris Wells. He flops into line and our QB hides the ball behind his leg. And then ....... uh-oh Shocked HELLO .......there's our buddy TG runnin' deep with Hall trying to catch him, and Smith hit him deep for a 39 yard touchdown. Michigan looks dazed as they scratch their head wondering what the hell happened. And I'm down to about half my voice left by the half.

Afterwards we stormed the field along with the other somewhat brave Buckeye fans (hoping you didn't get trampled on) and a huge amount of cops. People were picking up the sod and stuffing it in their pockets. It was crazy. But the atmosphere was fantastic. While I have no voice today, from all the screaming on every down that Michigan had the ball and all the cheering for the Buckeyes, and I feel like I could sleep for a week, it was soooooooo worth it. Talk about memories. OMG

High Street after the game …… very calm! We moved around and didn't stay in one spot though. Saw a few arrests but they were pretty calm ones. Probably for underage drinking? High Street was actually calmer than some of the bars that were stuffed full of fans after the game. We went into a few but eventually decided against that because of the crowds inside. Too many people with too much to drink doesn't always make for a good atmosphere. If you didn't have a guy to stay behind you inside these bars and keep himself pressed up pretty close to your backside …..you were wide open for some drunk to grab your ass.

2006, another good year and a helluva ride. Good luck to the seniors and to #10 as he is more than deserving of the Heisman and a first round draft pick should certainly be in his future.

GO BUCKS!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 02:53 pm
nice story, Brook.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 03:44 pm
Wow, Brooke, definitely jealous that you were there to see it in person. I wondered about that swarming on the field thing, didn't look very safe. Is it legal? Or more precisely, as I'm sure it's not encouraged, is it nominally illegal but everyone knows it will happen and cops look the other way, or is it really illegal but the cops were just overwhelmed?

Hubby got in late last night and drove a colleague back to campus (this guy had his bike at the office and wanted to ride it home -- at around midnight after the big win!!! -- and they were both like oh, right, duh when they drove through campus neighborhoods and encountered mayhem. Rolling Eyes E.G. said there were tons of people but TONS of cops, too, and he didn't see anything too bad. I haven't seen any reports of problems yet.

Amazingly, OSU and Michigan are still ranked #1 and #2 right now, after the game! So there could be a rematch yet. Eek, dunno what I think of that. On the one hand, if they're the two best teams they're the two best teams. On the other, seems like Michigan had their chance and someone else should get a shot. I mean, it happens in playoff situations that if say the NFC is stronger than the AFC one year, the NFC title game is between the actual two best teams in the NFL and then the Superbowl is the best team and like the 5th-best team, or whatever. Plus, I don't think my heart could take a rematch. Shocked

Agree that Smith is lookin' good for a Heisman, no matter how heartbroken he was about the pick + fumble (seemed like the fumbles weren't his fault but the center's fault, bad snaps), and that he well deserves it.
0 Replies