Fury, The Story of a Horse and the Boy Who Loved Him

cavfancier

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 07:38 pm
LW, Honor Blackman? Hmm, don't know...the only avenger for me was Diana Rigg...didn't care much for the other women.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 10:43 pm
buckaroogal, Whiplash? I missed that one. Aside from seeing Graves in Stalag 17, my only knowledge of him is Fury and MI.

LW and Cav, I was playing a game on Yahoo. One of the other game players called herself (I have to assume this is a woman) the Real Mrs. Peel. I thought of you guys.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 09:40 am
I guess the site went unstable (sic) a few days ago and lost some posts! I had posted that I was surprised TV Land or one of the other vintage cable channels haven't picked up "Fury" which was pre-"Mission Impossible" for Peter Graves. "Dr. Who" was a Sunday morning ritual for me as I went through the paper and had a fat attack of Belgian waffles, strawberries and whipped cream. It's available on DVD and I am tempted because it's nowhere to be found. Of course, the minute I bought "The Avengers" on DVD, it became a regular on Encore Mystery every day and they're on their third recycle.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 11:30 am
Oops, from the gallery, the posts reappeared! Ah, well.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 05:25 pm
LW, Is a2k haunted? Things keep disappearing and reappearing. I'm surprised that one of the stations that broadcasts old tv shows hasn't picked up Fury, too. But these stations seem to specialize in sitcoms.

I never saw Dr. Who. Where was I? How could I have missed it? Phooey.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 05:38 pm
Great satirical sci-fi series from the BBC which was shown on PBS quite frequently in the 80's then kind of dissapeared except for the aforementioned DVD's. A2K is haunted alright and I think they should all be banished back to the Abuzz haunted castle.
0 Replies

buckaroogal

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 12:15 am
In Whiplash, Graves was a stagecoach driver. It was about the first stagecoach line in Australia, and was filmed there also. Didn't last long though.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 06:34 pm
Buckaroogal, Whiplash is not ringing any bells with me. Australian stagecoach driver. Interesting idea.
0 Replies

buckaroogal

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 01:54 am
well, if you go to the Broken Wheel Ranch page, and look for the link to Whiplash, it may help your memory. But if you weren't around at the time, it probably won't help at all. Very Happy
0 Replies

Rick Senften

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 07:53 pm
@Roberta,
I thought it was great, too. I frequently pull "the story of a horse, and a boy who loved him' line out of my hat with my school kids, and they think I'm out of my mind. It's fun relating to them from another era, when we were kids ourselves.
0 Replies

Rick Senften

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 07:53 pm
@Roberta,
Jim Newton, and Joey and Pete and Packy
Roberta

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:11 am
@Rick Senften,
Remember them all, Rick.

Loved that horse. Wanted that horse. Had a big fight with my mother about that horse. She thought it would be impractical to have a horse in a tenement in the Bronx. Some parents are just too damned strict.

0 Replies

darlab

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 04:52 pm
@Roberta,
I remember Fury. I loved that show. I watched it every Sat. AM. It was amazing how Fury only allowed 'Joey' to ride him. I'm not sure as to how 'Joey' came to live at the 'Broken Wheel' with 2 single men, 'Jim' & 'Pete'.
0 Replies

darlab

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 04:53 pm
@mac11,
Jim Newton was played by Peter Graves
0 Replies

darlab

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 01:11 pm
I remember an episode in which Fury actually DID let someone besides 'Joey' ride him. A family friend who had been injured in a rodeo accident was visiting. 'Jim' and 'Pete' had gone on an errand. 'Joey' had gotten himself stuck somewhere, and since Fury was always doing his 'Lassie' thing (getting help when Joey was in trouble), Fury went back to the ranch and actually allowed the friend to ride him to help 'Joey'. But after everything was OK, he wouldn't let the friend ride him again. That was how Fury showed how much he loved 'Joey', by making an exception when help was needed.
0 Replies

Eddie boy 1

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 06:23 pm
@mac11,
Loved that show, and everyone in it. Brings back my youth.
Roberta

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 11:33 pm
@Eddie boy 1,
Eddie boy, Memories of that show bring back my childhood too. I would watch. Maybe I blinked; maybe I didn't. My mother would say, "OK, it's over. Now do (something." And I would say, "No. I have to wait for the little ending." I called epilogues "little endings" for a long time. Just remembered that. Thanks.
0 Replies