Fury, The Story of a Horse and the Boy Who Loved Him

Roberta

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 12:31 am
Does anyone remember this show? Did anyone love it as much as I did? Every Saturday morning, no matter what, I would watch that beautiful black horse. So inspired was I by the show that I even asked my mother if I could have a horse. We lived in a tenement in the Bronx at the time.

I remember that Peter Graves was the father figure. Can't remember the name of his character. I also can't remember the name of the child actor or the name of the character he played.

But I do remember Fury. Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 11,980 • Replies: 36
No top replies

mac11

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 10:35 am
Here's a link for you, Roberta...should help with names and such...

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0047734
Roberta

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 12:48 pm
Thanks, Mac. Everyone got a credit but the horse. One reader's comment was that this was his (or her) first favorite show. Me too. And there have never been any reruns. Bummer.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 01:31 pm
Per the referenced IMDB, the reruns would be under the syndicated title "Brave Stallion".
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2003 09:50 pm
Thanks, Flyboy. Never saw any reruns under either title. At this point in my life, I don't think I want to see the show. I might be disappointed, and I've already had one too many bubbles burst.
0 Replies

buckaroogal

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 09:57 pm
There is a website all about Fury, go to:
http://brokenwheelranch.com
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 11:10 pm
buckaroogal, I want to offer you a warm welcome to a2k. You made my day. I gotta tell ya that I got all teary-eyed seeing photos of Fury. Crying or Very sad It's been a long, long time. Thanks for the link. Very Happy
0 Replies

buckaroogal

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 11:20 pm
Your welcome and Thank You. Did you watch the full episode of Hobo? And the commercial for Post cereal? Good stuff huh?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 03:08 am
No, I only looked at the stills. I haven't gotten my video activator activated. Sorry and ashamed to admit that I don't think I supported the show by buying the sponsor's product. Wait a minute. I was a kid. I wasn't in charge of what I ate.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 03:29 am
I loved Fury. Jim Newton was the papa figure's name? No? And Joey?

They re-ran it here again and again and again and again.....

I was already horse nuts by the time I saw it. I hd a lovely Little Golden Book with a fabulous Fury story - the illustrations were wonderful - I pored over them, and copied them endlessly.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 05:25 am
Hiya Deb, Jim was the father figure. Joey was the kid. And Fury was my obsession. I wish I could go back in time and listen to my arguing with my parents about having a horse--that horse--in the Bronx. That show inspired me to take up horse-back riding. I'm glad the show was picked up in Oz so that all the little Ozlets had a chance to see it.

BTW, I used to draw horses endlessly also.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 05:33 am
I wouldn't let a kid watch any show 'bout horse lovin'....that's just wrong. Mind you, in West Virginia, it is legal to have sex with an animal as long as they are over 40 lbs.

Actually, I am not familiar with the show. I was probably too busy watching Dr. Who, geeky kid that I was.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 05:46 am
Cav, Hard to believe that a charming clown such as you was once geeky.

And don't make any untoward remarks about Fury and me. Mine was an unrequited love. And considering that my age was in single digits when I watched the show, that's the best kind.

Never heard of Dr. Who. Guess I wasn't sufficiently geeky.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 06:39 am
Hee hee...geeky is in the eye of the beholder. If you really want to get into the Dr. Who phenomenon, which is still running, btw, with Richard E. Grant as the new doctor (great actor), check out http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/ I do suggest watching the animated Douglas Adams Shada/Dr. Who thingy....very cool.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 08:52 am
I wonder why the vintage TV cable channels haven't picked "Fury" up?

I was an avid fan of "Dr. Who," cavfancier and they are all on DVD -- the last TV collection I bought was "The Avengers," which had one of the best opening themes ever on TV and the most delightfully quirky and imaginative plots. Besides, it had Diana Rigg (now great in the "Mrs. Bradley Mysteries" on PBS Masterpiece Theater).
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 09:36 am
Diana Rigg as Mrs. Peel <drools>
0 Replies

buckaroogal

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 10:57 am
Roberta,
You really need to get those activated. It's so cool to watch the show again.
Don't worry, I don't think I supported the product either. Very Happy
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 08:45 pm
buckaroogal, Fact is that this is a new computer--made up of parts from other computers. I could probably run the video, but I don't have a sound card. I'll have one soon. Then I'll watch--and hear--those videos. It's something to look forward to.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 09:53 am
"Fury" I believe was pre-Mission Impossible for Graves. I started collecting those videos before I got DVD so I will have to fill them in later on. Lucky "The Avengers" was finally released and in DVD. Has anyone seen the early "Avengers" with Honor Blackman on cable? She gave a new meaning to the "mole."
0 Replies

buckaroogal

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 07:21 pm
Fury was way pre-Mission Impossible, in fact Whiplash came after Fury for Graves.
0 Replies