Joe(makes me want to puke my breakfast)Nation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 941 • Replies: 19
No top replies

parados

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 07:37 am
I wonder if we can expect reports of how little time he spent "in country".
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 07:59 am
Sure.

And he trying to figure out if, since his war has now lasted longer the WWII, is that a good thing or not?

Joe(Say, can I see John McCain's old room?)Nation
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 08:51 am
Quote:

There were definitely a lot flying adventures going on in Vietnam back in the those days.
"If you have a rich daddy, than you do not have to go to war", is more likely the right answer, and the one he should have given.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 12:41 am
Now he can claim that he has been to Vietnam. Ha ha, 30 years later after the war ended!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 08:46 pm
I LOVE that all the commentators speaking on NPR about this visit make a point to say that this is his FIRST visit to Vietnam.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 08:49 pm
http://arizona.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/bush_iraq_vietnam_1.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 08:50 pm
Unlike that glory hound Kerry. :wink:
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:37 pm
talk72000 wrote:
Now he can claim that he has been to Vietnam. Ha ha, 30 years later after the war ended!

Which is still more that his predecessor can claim, you know, the draft dodger in chief.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 02:35 am
Clinton built a $300 million surplus while W has a $8.5 trillion national debt - truly a "W"orthless trillion-dollar man.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 06:40 am
talk72000 wrote:
Clinton built a $300 million surplus while W has a $8.5 trillion national debt - truly a "W"orthless trillion-dollar man.

Not to quibble, but the Clinton administration had three surpluss budget years in a row (a record) and they were not in the millions but in the billions with a B and were the result of Clinton's budget of 1993 which passed without a single supporting Republican vote. Not one.

The total was a $360 Billion dollar reduction in the National Debt. CNN

Of course, the Republicans looked at that money and said why should we reduce the debt when we can give those funds to our high rollers in tax cuts?

Joe(and then came the War of Slamdunk Democracy)Nation
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 07:59 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
talk72000 wrote:

Which is still more that his predecessor can claim, you know, the draft dodger in chief.

Yes there is a major difference between him and his predecessor. Poor people who desire a 3A deferment had to work their asses off and suceed at prestigious world universities, whereas rich dumb asses merely needed to have their daddies get them in the guard, defending Alabama against the Viet Cong.

Now that's a subtle difference I realize but with effort and a couple of Goody's powders you should be able to think it through....

Bi-Polar (may I touch the wound where the spear pierced you Joe?) Bear
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 08:19 am
i think it's funny that the administration is trying to spin the success of vietnam as an economic power after it's war with america with what it is trying to do in iraq

good strategy

iraq should be a wonderful place in, oh let's see, 2048 (10 years or so of war, 50,000+ dead soldiers, 1 embarrasing retreat, 30 years later a viable success)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 08:47 am
djjd62 wrote:
i think it's funny that the administration is trying to spin the success of vietnam as an economic power after it's war with america with what it is trying to do in iraq

good strategy

iraq should be a wonderful place in, oh let's see, 2048 (10 years or so of war, 50,000+ dead soldiers, 1 embarrasing retreat, 30 years later a viable success)

Sounds like a plan.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:14 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
talk72000 wrote:

someone forgot to read the papers several years ago

Quote:

link
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:17 am
djjd62 wrote:
i think it's funny that the administration is trying to spin the success of vietnam as an economic power after its war with america with what it is trying to do in iraq

from the same article I just linked

Quote:
Others questioned whether the United States was so fixated on the Middle East that China had been given free rein to spread its influence.

Looks like China gets the credit for Vietnam.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:19 am
BBB
Oddly, Bush wore a teal blue gown instead of his Guard uniform while in Vietnam.

How cute!

BBB
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 10:20 am
"Golly gee, I love this oriental trip, (he, he, he,) I even got to pose with a bust of my favorite movie star - Charlie Chan!" - George W. Bush

http://www.macleans.ca/images/FEEDS/11/17/w111706A.jpg
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 11:29 am
greenwitch
Green Witch wrote:
"Golly gee, I love this oriental trip, (he, he, he,) I even got to pose with a bust of my favorite movie star - Charlie Chan!" - George W. Bush

http://www.macleans.ca/images/FEEDS/11/17/w111706A.jpg

Gee Whiz! You've mistaken Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh for the chinese actor who played the role of Charlie Chan.

BBB Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 12:35 pm
ehBeth wrote:
djjd62 wrote:
i think it's funny that the administration is trying to spin the success of vietnam as an economic power after its war with america with what it is trying to do in iraq

from the same article I just linked

Quote:
Others questioned whether the United States was so fixated on the Middle East that China had been given free rein to spread its influence.

Looks like China gets the credit for Vietnam.

condi seemed to be taking credited on the nightly news last night, well on america's behalf
0 Replies