Deaf Education

julie

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 08:55 am
I WOULD LIKE TO WORK WITH DEATH & DUMB CHILDREN BUT I DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT QUALIFICATIONS I NEED. CAN ANYONE HELP?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,230 • Replies: 3
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 09:20 am
Shocked

Um... do you mean Deaf? If so, I can probably give you a lot of advice. First piece of advice would be to never call them "deaf and dumb", and really avoid "death and dumb". Wink

Seriously though, I am deaf myself and have a Master's degree in Deaf Education, so tell me more. Why are you interested?
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 09:32 am
Julie - Welcome! Soz seems your most likely bet, but I hope you meant "deaf" Smile

I hadn't responded before. i answered Rock Star, because I love to perform.

I'm actually quite happy in my current job, as a forensic accountant. Sounds weird, but has lots of variety and mental challenges (both with people and the puzzle solving kind). I wanted to be a spy when I was a child and this can be fairly similar, without too many of the risks.

I loved soz's description of the paper boat day. It made me really want children...all in good time!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 10:18 am
sozobe your life sounds pretty good. Do write/illustrate that book, you have a way with words. I really enjoyed my daughters when they were young (well I still do, but they are adults now) and didn't go back to work until they were at school, and then i worked at a school so i had the holidays off with them. Like the sozlet, mine were good company and fascinating as they learnt and developed their own strong and incredibly different personalities very early.

I am working towards my dream of living from painting, supported by some adult teaching - at the moment I do a bit of secretarial work as well but would love to dump that (can't at the moment because that is my bit of security). I'm frantically painting at the moment towards a couple of solo shows and some joint ones, plus organising the open studios event in our area with a friend ..... breathless!!!! Smile
0 Replies