What Did The Democrats Run On

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 03:11 pm
I know what the ran against, but not what they ran on. What was their plan on Iraq/Afghanistan? Taxes? Health care? Education? I heard Ben Cardin say to Michael Steels, "We have a plan to have a plan"
I have never witnessed anybody win anything with nothing....until 7 Nov 2006.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 418 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 03:18 pm
Re: What Did The Democrats Run On
LoneStarMadam wrote:
I know what the ran against, but not what they ran on. What was their plan on Iraq/Afghanistan? Taxes? Health care? Education? I heard Ben Cardin say to Michael Steels, "We have a plan to have a plan"

What was their plan on Iraq/Afghanistan?

Leave Iraq, shore up afghanistan with the troops which are freed up in Iraq

Taxes?

Let Bush's tax cuts sunset by not renewing them. This will primarily raise taxes on the richest Americans. The also plan on balancing budgets in order to deal with our gigantic deficit and debt problems.

Health care?

Everyone should have it. Look for Universal Health care to come up sooner or later.

Education?

Fix the college loan system. Fund NCLB properly or do away with it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 03:34 pm
have a glass of whine and a waaaamburger an idiot Texan is responsible....
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 03:44 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Taxes?

Let Bush's tax cuts sunset by not renewing them. This will primarily raise taxes on the richest Americans. The also plan on balancing budgets in order to deal with our gigantic deficit and debt problems.

Health care?

Everyone should have it. Look for Universal Health care to come up sooner or later.

Education?

Cycloptichorn

Pulling troops out of Iraq is a good idea but not for a while. In Afghanistan the ASAF is in charge and when they come up with a better plan then things will improve.

Taxes shouldn't be touched, the economy is moving in the right direction and the deficit is coming down as planned and at a faster pace then first thought.

Universal health care is a bad idea. If you want insurance then find a job with good bennies. Nothing is free in this world and that includes health care. I don't want to see what will happen when taxes go up to pay for your pipe dream.

Education again is not free after highschool. If you want to go to school then there are plenty of ways of doing it. Join the military for a few years and you will get good education bennies.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 04:00 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Taxes?

Health care?

Education?

Cycloptichorn

Pulling troops out of Iraq is a good idea but not for a while. In Afghanistan the ASAF is in charge and when they come up with a better plan then things will improve.

Taxes shouldn't be touched, the economy is moving in the right direction and the deficit is coming down as planned and at a faster pace then first thought.

Universal health care is a bad idea. If you want insurance then find a job with good bennies. Nothing is free in this world and that includes health care. I don't want to see what will happen when taxes go up to pay for your pipe dream.

Education again is not free after highschool. If you want to go to school then there are plenty of ways of doing it. Join the military for a few years and you will get good education bennies.

Haha, I'm well aware that people agree/disagree with the positions. There are good arguments to be made for both sides on most of these points.

Strangely enough, however, education is free after highschool in almost every other civilized country. It is difficult to understand why America insists on making those who wish to educate themselves to the highest degree pay a gigantic price for doing so, when it is unarguably in the best interests of society to have a higher average level of education.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies