Two things about nimh

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 10:31 pm
As my business partner used to yell (she who was married to and was committed to her near opposite), "there are no soulmates!!!".

Well, I've had some near soulmates but mostly they weren't romances.

The news is... people aren't really attracted to soulmates.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 10:36 pm
No solemates? As Colonel Potter would say -- horse hockey!

http://ambertemkin.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/016powers.jpg
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 11:26 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
nimh,

I hope you'll believe what everyone here is saying. People are always their own worst critics. You look fine! :wink:

I have to agree with Stray Cat.
Knowing and believing that still does not help the way I feel about myself.

nimh,
I am confused as to why you feel ugly. I believe the saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have known the most gorgeous guys and girls, but their personality makes them ugly. People see what they want to see and that cannot be changed. I may not know you, but I am a very caring person (at least that is what I think). That is why I came back. How are you really holding up?
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 11:35 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Reality for me: I cry more at movies and listening to beautiful classical music than at real life situations. Is this typical?

That happens to me too, don't know if it's typical though.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 12:47 am
I cry at movies if the ending is sad or even good. It depends on the movie.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 12:59 am
Hell, I cry at airports, even if I don't have the vaguest connection to the folk who are coming or going. I try to stay away from airports. Razz
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 12:59 am
You dodn't change a lot since I saw your last pics, nimh - only your hair colour become more ... adult :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 01:04 am
My ancient computer didn't show me nimh at all clearly, Walter. He appeared as a dark, mysterious, figure in shadows. Film noir-ish, even.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 01:50 am
Nimh looks tall dark and handsome to me.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 03:00 am
nimh,
I decided I am not going to hide behind an avatar anymore. I am going to be me, faults and all. I am still going to care about things, I am not changing for anyone. I couldn't resist leaving the dog in the picture. I do still love the animals. I hope you are doing better. I really do.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 06:46 am
msolga wrote:
My ancient computer didn't show me nimh at all clearly, Walter. He appeared as a dark, mysterious, figure in shadows. Film noir-ish, even.

That's intended, I suppose :wink:

http://i13.tinypic.com/47uyeko.jpg
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 08:32 am
Hi, nimh:
You won't know me, I'm more of a 'reader' on A2K, than a 'writer.' A very long time ago, you had written me some advice on a particularly distressful thread of mine. I remember being so comforted by what you had written, and being struck by your kindness and humanity. Since then, whenever I see that you have posted on a thread, I make sure to read it. I truly think that you are one of, if not the most attractive person to me personally on this forum. I've always wondered what you look like, and now I know. Can I just say that you are totally hot! You have *such* a Jakob Dylan look about you - and I wouldn't push him out of bed.

[size=7]Bye now...this post is completely out of character for me because I'm generally a shy person![/size]
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 04:57 pm
See, nimh, you totally have an A2K fan club, you know you do. Very Happy Even P-dawg admitted he'd do you (with a whole bunch of caveats, but I think we all saw through that).

nimh wrote:
patiodog wrote:
I figured you were at least a little goofy-looking.

Looking grumpy helps. Whenever caught looking happy, I look completely goofy. Thats really the right word. And when caught unawares randomly, I mostly look stoned. So Ive started trying to remember to look grumpy for photos.

Mkay, I've tracked down where you posted photos of you through the years on the picture gallery thread, and I see that you have a big smile, and I can understand that you look at photos of you grinning and you see goofiness. You're too hard on yourself, of course; other people just see an open and friendly smile, but i can understand where you're coming from. Yes, not every facial expression looks fab when caught on film, especially not to ourselves.

Here is what I've realized, after long years of gloom over how terribly bad I look in some photos: Still photos are not what other people see! What an incredible revelation, I know! But it really does make a big difference, and we don't take it into account enough.

I see photos of me where I look literally mentally deficient, and for a long time I figured that's what I look like all the time. But when I finally saw myself on videotape, I was kind of astounded to see that (dare I say it) I looked-- okay, I'm gonna say it-- great. Yes, great, damn it, shut up you mean voices in my head! (I have a very hard time saying anything good about myself.)

Do please remember that the rest of the world is not seeing you with one expression frozen on your face...You don't know how you look to people that are watching you talk and move and interact.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 08:11 pm
msolga wrote:
Hell, I cry at airports, even if I don't have the vaguest connection to the folk who are coming or going. I try to stay away from airports. Razz

Was that why you were crying when we turned up earlier this year? I thought younwere so distressed that we'd actually come that you were planning on slitting your wrists - but it was just too bloody hot to be bothered!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 07:30 am
Nimh,

Happy holidays, hottie. Smile Cyber is right on about the photos. What she said.
Me too, I find that I look like a friggin goof ball when I am smiling - my mouth is big (could have guessed that, right?) and my smile is super gummy.

Yet, I get compliments on my silly smile all the time. So whether I really am looking goofy or not - it makes people smile anyhows, and that is good enough for me now.

Besides, you really are looking good! Age is kind to you, indeed.

Have a good holiday season. Even though you might forget ya rock sometimes, others don't.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 12:00 pm
Two things about nimh; 1) he's a gentleman, and 2) he's a scholar. With credentials like that, I want to wish him HAPPY HOLIDAYS and a HAPPY, HEALTHY, NEW YEAR.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:51 pm
Oh phew!

When I tried to access this thread via email update, I received the "this tread is closed or moved to another area" message.

Was trying to imagine what outlandish thing had happened since my last visit. Someone had said something outrageous about our nimh? Surprised Shocked

Anyway, it's all a mistake, because here I am & the thread's still open & moving along nicely.

Good morning, nimh. How's the world looking to you today? Greetings from the south! Very Happy
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 07:16 pm
When I received the email update I thought to myself "what did I do this time?" I am glad I can still come here.

I have often thought of how you feel and the fact that you even say it. Most guys do not or will not say their true feelings. To me you are unique.
I know I am new, but I also care. I do not see talking about your feelings as a weakness. I see it more as a sign of strength especially in our society.

You actually are going out on a limb and doing something society as a whole has condemned. You have an inner strength and that is where I find the attractiveness of someone. I hope the best for you and that the Holiday Season goes well. Take care and remember that there are people who still care even if they don't know you personally.

Heck, I think Tryagain is someone special and I don't know what they look like.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 02:42 am
I do still care.
It seems everyone on here has a special personality and I am actually starting to get used to looking at avatars. Patiodog, littlek, greenwitch etc., even gus. I can't list everyone because my memory is not all that great. I lost my picture so I just won't use one. I hope your holiday was okay and you are feeling better. I don't know what people on here look like, except for a few. I still think what makes someone attractive is their personality. How they really feel, not what they look like. New year is just around the corner and I hope yours is a good one.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:29 am
Hows it going? By now, you should feel the stirrings of the seasonal turn-around. I have an idea, after the new year go down to an art academy and enroll in a sketch or watercolor class. Youll find lotsa great women , all you have to do is set up your stuff next to different ones each week .
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 08:22:05