Two things about nimh

cyphercat

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 12:55 am
Does this mean playing Japanese twin sisters with me was just part of the master plan to act gay and score chicks?! And I already bought my little pleated skirt, too... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 08:16 am
cyphercat wrote:
nimh wrote:
What is it with women wanting to see men get naked with each other? My colleague was saying she would just this afternoon..

Oh, yes, because men have nooo interest in naked women together...

Seriously, cyphercat!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 10:05 am
cyphercat wrote:
Does this mean playing Japanese twin sisters with me was just part of the master plan to act gay and score chicks?! And I already bought my little pleated skirt, too... Crying or Very sad

Hmmm.. but did you braid your hair in two of those cute long braids yet?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 10:12 am
dlowan wrote:
dadpad wrote:
Nimh we may have lucked on to a solution.

1. you pretend you are gay, dress gay, talk gay have a coming out gay party. etc

2. women flock to you cause you are gay.

3. They try to "turn" you. You of course allow that.

4. You shag the **** out of em and they feel empowered by their heightened sensuality. (Hey they just "turned" a gay man on I must be really sexy)

Sounds like a plan to me. Twisted Evil

It would.

That's one acerbic rabbit, folks.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 10:15 am
Pithy, too.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 10:52 am
Definite pith.

So much pith I need a pith helmet.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 11:27 am
Hhmm well it goes over my head..

Can we change the conversation back to thigh-highs now? Arent they like the greatest thing since sliced bread?

(Actually I dont buy sliced bread)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 11:50 am
wtf was in that punch?

http://www.sock-dreams.com/journal2004/rainbow%20thigh%20highs%2029.jpg
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 12:56 pm
Yaaay!

I try to avoid calling Hungarian-speaking people, because you know - in email I can cheat with the online dictionary and 'live' there's a lot of non-verbal interaction going on that clarifies or compensates - BUT

I just called that girl from new years eve to ask her to go to the movies with me.

Ive only ever met her in company of my friend Cs. Plus, I actually sent her an email a coupla days after NYE and didnt get an answer yet. So I'm cheerful already in any case that I actually went ahead and dared to call anyway!

She said she really wanted to meet me too, because new years eve had been so nice.. that it was strange not to have met since, but that she doesnt have email at home and only checks it when she goes home to her parents. This weekend she cant go out because shes going to her hometown to study for exams that she has next week, but from Thursday on she will be here + have time again and wants to meet up. Also she asked for my help looking over something and will email.

I still think the NYE kiss was just that, and that's fine with me too - its put me in a right cheerful mood since Razz . And perhaps we wont have no big romantic night out or anything next week either but just be meeting up, and thats fine too - but I'm still kinda jumping up n down a little about seeing her again and having called. Because she so cute. Razz
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 12:58 pm
<sits himself down for a moment Smile >

On a more general theme, btw, I have a slight dilemma.. Ive had almost a handful a people explain me by now that Hungarian women, they really want to be courted - to be approached, persuaded, taken out - seduced with pomp and circumstance, so to say. They will not take the first step and will not stand for the man going, "well where would you like to go?" - he needs to take charge and prove to them he really wants them. Thats what they say, anyway. But - I mean, apart from none of that coming even remotely naturally to me - point is - how do you court someone if all you want is a casual affair anyway? (I mean, I'm not looking for a girlfriend... but I would love a girl <g>)

Havent figured that one out yet. Well, havent had the chance to try so far anyway. Here's to future opportunities Razz

(Oh I also left a small but, I think, thoughtful new years gift the other day with Zs of the coffeeshop for the lovely girl whom I run into and chat with every now and then there, and who always leaves me completely starry-eyed... She also only speaks Hungarian though.)

Well, lets wait and see.. this is actually my good intention for this year: if you like someone, at least let them know. Do or say something nice. Even if nothing comes from it they will be flattered, and perhaps something somewhere will get back to me..
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 01:11 pm
nimh wrote:
if you like someone, at least let them know. Do or say something nice. Even if nothing comes from it they will be flattered, and perhaps something somewhere will get back to me..

Hey, that's good to see.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 04:13 pm
nimh jumping up and down a little is nice to see too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 04:36 pm
<eyes twinkle happily>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 04:39 pm
sozobe wrote:
nimh wrote:
if you like someone, at least let them know. Do or say something nice. Even if nothing comes from it they will be flattered, and perhaps something somewhere will get back to me..

Hey, that's good to see.

Mind you I'm SHY, so I'm not saying I'm going to succeed all the time.

But its a good intention..
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 04:43 pm
Quote:
But - I mean, apart from none of that coming even remotely naturally to me - point is - how do you court someone if all you want is a casual affair anyway?

If my Uncle Janos was any indication, nothing Hungarian is casual.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 07:00 pm
nimh wrote:
sozobe wrote:
nimh wrote:

Hey, that's good to see.

Mind you I'm SHY, so I'm not saying I'm going to succeed all the time.

But its a good intention..

It's a wonderful intention and remember practice makes perfect.

Regarding the courting when you have no real intention of becoming serious: eh, how do you know you won't? Courting is just being nice. You can do that, I'm sure.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 07:47 pm
Swimpy wrote:
Courting is just being nice. You can do that, I'm sure.

If only! Being nice comes naturally to me, and like elsewhere it's helped me get a few friends and another few people who dont really know me but think I'm nice. But thats about all just being nice appears to bring you here. Courting is a wholly different thing again (here), apparently.

Depressing moment of the day (this is vaguely related): There's this guy, he works in a cafe or two, you see him a lot. He's really cool, I think - he seems nice, kind, witty, gentle, imaginative, laid-back. If I were a woman I'd take him in an instant - definitely the most charming guy Ive seen here. He's very un-Hungarian: he's sort of slight and thin, really easy-going, outgoing in an un way. In general, common average talking, Hungarian guys tend to be either on the macho side, or the polite, sturdy, and not a little boring kind.

We were talking about him last night and my best friend, Hungarian woman, said: I dont understand what [our common friend] sees in him, I could never go for him. He's very nice but .. (me: but what?) .. but he's not a real man. Thud. If even she thinks that way, damn.

I admit its a half-full / half-empty thing, as there is indeed this common friend who has by now apparently fallen in love (or infatuation) with him, and she's a smart, kind and very beautiful woman. But again - I did my little bit helping them along, because after the first time they had danced together and gotten this kind of vibe, I was asking her about him and she actually then also said: yes, he's very kind, and he's witty, but I could never be with a boy like that.. (me: why not?) .. well, he's.. he's nice .. and soft and and, he's thin, and - he's not a man. (This from a psychologist, thirty or so - not talking some 20-year old supermarket worker or something.)

OK, so by going "Noo-ooh!" and pointing out all the guy's good qualities, I may have done my tiny bit in bringing her around (heh) - she later jokingly said it was my fault she'd fallen for him after all. They're on a serious flirt now (end result unknown as of yet). But it just kinda shows what a guy like me (yes, I had a stake in matchmaking here, because this guy is like me, so if he can make it with her, thats good news for me too ;-)) is up against, basically. Thats a huge hurdle of an instinctive negative reaction to get over, the whole "not a real man" thing, thats just not there in anything like the same way in Holland, Germany, etc - not among, you know, educated white women anyway.

Ggrrr.. my mother-the-feminist is to blame for more than she would have known.. :wink:
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 08:51 pm
Oy, women are their own worst enemies sometimes. That mentality is common in the rural areas of my part of the world, wwell maybe even in the urban areas. I have to admit that I don't get it. Ok, a macho man will protect you, but what else is he good for. Give me a sensitive man anyday. He'll be a better lover.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 08:52 pm
What the hell do you want with educated white women?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 09:03 pm
patiodog wrote:
What the hell do you want with educated white women?

Well, quite. Hence my problem Smile

(kidding... sorta ;-))
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 10:25:57