We are all SINNERS???

echi

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 12:52 am
Raul-7 wrote:
. . . the second is by inflicting deterrent punishment.

"Deterrent punishment"? What are some examples of the more effective deterrent punishments in Islam?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 06:57 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
sunlover, What you describe is what buddhism is about. You won't find it any place in "other" religions including christianity, Islam, or Judism.

I won't believe for a moment that those who commit suicide knows something we don't. They lack the maturity to understand that shet happens in life; and we must learn to deal with it. Comitting suicide is a cop-out. I just feel sorry for those very young boys and girls, men and women, who commit suicide, because they think the future is hopeless.

Not only Buddhism but Near Death Experience. I have always felt NDE is the root to all religions. But others, realizing the power of religion to control people, twist it and use it for their own selfish purposes.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 08:03 pm
Raul-7: "let's shave our heads and attain enlighment".
I agree, don't do something; just sit there.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:33 pm
<-------- sinner.
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 11:39 am
hephzibah wrote:
<-------- sinner.

"God forbid, there should be any heaven without horses." Can't find my little Horse Quotes book so don't recall who said it.

How long has it taken humanity to discover we don't have to punish those wonderful beautiful horses to get them to understand what we want them to do?

So, we punish children, most all humans in some manner, and not horses? Now, not even dogs? Humans don't need punishment either. Tell it to the Nannie Whisperer, you know, that TV show where this famous Nannie teaches parents to train their kids to be civilized without spoiling them or getting angry.
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 11:45 am
hephzibah wrote:
<-------- sinner.

"God forbid, there should be any heaven without horses." Can't find my little Horse Quotes book so don't recall who said it.

How long has it taken humanity to discover we don't have to punish those wonderful beautiful horses to get them to understand what we want them to do?

So, we punish children, most all humans in some manner, and not horses? Now, not even dogs? Humans don't need punishment either. Tell it to the Nannie Whisperer, you know, that TV show where this famous Nannie teaches parents to train their kids to be civilized without spoiling them or getting angry.
0 Replies