We are all SINNERS???

NickFun

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:38 am
Ok, according to the Bible God created man in his own image. Also, we are all sinners. Doesn't that make God a sinner? He makes us all suffer and he won't take responsibility for his own inferior creation? Adam and Eve ate some apples now we ALL have to suffer? Can any Bible thumpers out there explain this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,149 • Replies: 65
No top replies

echi

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 10:21 am
You know how like a photocopy is never as good as the original? And then if you make a copy of the copy it looks even worse? Well, I think that's pretty much the basic idea.

We shall see...
0 Replies

dilbert

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 10:48 am
Re: We are all SINNERS???
NickFun wrote:
Ok, according to the Bible God created man in his own image. Also, we are all sinners. Doesn't that make God a sinner?

I suspect that depends on what you mean by "made in his own image", no? There are plenty of attributes that the Bible claims God has that it also claims man does not. One would think, therefore, that "made in his image" does not necessarily indicate that all of the attributes of God are replicated in mankind.

NickFun wrote:
He makes us all suffer and he won't take responsibility for his own inferior creation? Adam and Eve ate some apples now we ALL have to suffer? Can any Bible thumpers out there explain this?

Not a Bible thumper, but how much do you know about the doctrine of "original sin" as put forth by those Christians who happen to believe in it?

-- dilbert
0 Replies

sandspider

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 01:17 pm
sinners
part of our nature is to sin, it's natural for us to eat until we are full or to desire the forbidden. We are free to do so, it doesn't make it right. Knowledge of right and wrong allows us to sin or not. Don't make God responsable for our sins. that would be like a 35 year old man blaming his parents because he leads a life of crime. Sinning is easy but if you try a little harder you can sin a bit less.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 01:18 pm
I've alwasy sorta felt that way too Nick. Why do I get punished for something someone else did?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 02:02 pm
He sinned with Mary Magdeline.. apparently enough times to make a baby according to some.

he also sent bears after kids who were making fun of Noah.. ( or someone.. )

yeah, that rat is a sinner as well

Birds of a feather flock together..
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 03:58 pm
God himself inpregnated a married woman. But WE aren't allowed to do that! It must be do as I say not as I do...
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 04:57 pm
Re: sinners
sandspider wrote:
Knowledge of right and wrong allows us to sin or not.

It is a knowledge that, according to the story, Adam had to steal from the tree. In retrospect, I'm quite glad he was successful in taking what God was evidently trying to keep from him, since I would rather have the knowledge of right and wrong than not have it.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 05:09 pm
Why was God so cruel as to put temptation in Eve's path (she ate the apple first ya know)? Why didn't he put a big electric fence around the damn thing is he didn't want them eating it?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 07:43 pm
NickFun wrote:
Why was God so cruel as to put temptation in Eve's path (she ate the apple first ya know)? Why didn't he put a big electric fence around the damn thing is he didn't want them eating it?

Maybe it was a test of how strong his faith was? It's not Eve's fault either, they were both equally guilty and both of them were at fault - both ate from the tree.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 08:10 pm
It's just a sales tactic to impress the widest possible audience.

Everybody's diet is innadequate, therefore everybody needs Acme vitamin tablets.
0 Replies

sandspider

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 08:30 pm
If your mom buys you a gift for christmas, she wraps it and puts it under the tree and says "don't open it until Christmas" is she being cruel to put temptation in your path. damn mom how could you lol.
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:15 pm
NickFun wrote:

Consider the apple as a literary device. The bible writers had to get Adam an Eve out of the garden somehow.

P
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:25 pm
sandspider wrote:
If your mom buys you a gift for christmas, she wraps it and puts it under the tree and says "don't open it until Christmas" is she being cruel to put temptation in your path. damn mom how could you lol.

However, if we "sneak a peek" at the present we might get scolded but certainly not cast out of paradise and into eternal damnation! At least in most homes.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:47 pm
sandspider wrote:
If your mom buys you a gift for christmas, she wraps it and puts it under the tree and says "don't open it until Christmas" is she being cruel to put temptation in your path.

If that gift is the knowledge of good and evil, then it's a relief to hear that this hypothetical mom was actually intending to give it to us, rather than forbidding us to have it.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 10:12 pm
NickFun wrote:
sandspider wrote:

However, if we "sneak a peek" at the present we might get scolded but certainly not cast out of paradise and into eternal damnation! At least in most homes.

But you compare a measly present to the gift of being in Heaven, they had everything they wanted, except Satan's tempation got the best of them.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 10:21 pm
It was an apple for Christ's sake! If God created them with inferior faith then he should have known that they would eat the fricking apple!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 10:24 pm
That idea of a copy of the original puts me about the 60,000 generation. How can any god expect perfection? As a matter of fact, I'm so blurry from so many copies of copies, I'm not sure how god can even see me!
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 10:37 pm
After viewing God's behavior in the Bible I guess the one question that should be asked is;

Does God sin or is God perfect goodness?
Does God do evil?
Should God's behavior toward us be used as a model for our behavior towards our fellow man, that is, should we follow God's example? Does God set a good example for us to follow?
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 10:40 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
I've alwasy sorta felt that way too Nick. Why do I get punished for something someone else did?

Why do we have the opportunity to be saved based on what someone else did?

God sent a model for our behavior....his Son Jesus Christ.
0 Replies