Rainsoft System....Is it worth it?

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 12:09 am
Tonight my husband and I had a salesperson come into our house and let us know how bad our city water was. The system sounds wonderful. After doing some research on the net we are not so sure. They are offering us the whole house water and air purification system for $5995.00. This comes with 5 years of LSP for no charge. Are we making the right decision? I have 3 days to cancel; however, they are suppose to install tomorrow. I don't want them to install and cause problems to my new house. Anyone had experience with cancelling? Please advise.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 32,104 • Replies: 54
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 07:03 am
Run away from RainSoft
I would advise you to cancel the deal ASAP by phone, mail and fax.
LSP is nothing more than a closing tool and the air filter is a joke.

RainSoft has serious customer service and dealer retention issues.
They were sold off to an investment company about a year ago and
may end up being sold off again soon.

You can get a superior water treatment system for less.
Is there an ECOWATER dealer in your area?
tforestier

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 07:22 am
Rainsoft System....Is it worth it?
I stayed up really late researching and the more I read the more discouraged I felt. I am signing the papers as we speak to cancel the service. I want to do more research...I will definately look into the company you suggested. Thanks again.
ezera79

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 07:08 am
rainsoft
We just had a sales person in our home last night. We were called "randomly" to recieve a free water hardness test. It was little more than an elementry science fair show. He colored our water and did nothing to tell us how much chlorine or iron was in our water, and then went into his sales pitch. Initally when they set up the appointment there was no mention of a product they were selling. SCAM When I questioned him about what chemicals he was using and how I felt there could be a chemical in his demo softener he asked me if I was an engineer, and I said "no, just naturally skeptical". Do not by from Rainsoft, there are other more ethical and economical products out there.
0 Replies

WaterRefiner

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 04:07 pm
Re: Rainsoft System....Is it worth it?
tforestier wrote:
Tonight my husband and I had a salesperson come into our house and let us know how bad our city water was. The system sounds wonderful. After doing some research on the net we are not so sure. They are offering us the whole house water and air purification system for $5995.00. This comes with 5 years of LSP for no charge. Are we making the right decision? I have 3 days to cancel; however, they are suppose to install tomorrow. I don't want them to install and cause problems to my new house. Anyone had experience with cancelling? Please advise.

I would cancel it. For that price I you would be better going with EcoWater because of they give lifetime warranties that no company can compare and they have great after-sales support which Rainsoft seems to lack from the posts I have read on here.
0 Replies

WaterRefiner

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 04:07 pm
tforestier wrote:

I would cancel it. For that price I you would be better going with EcoWater because of they give lifetime warranties that no company can compare and they have great after-sales support which Rainsoft seems to lack from the posts I have read on here.
0 Replies

in the know

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 07:55 am
AWTP and RAINSOFT
First of all, no conjecture here from someone "outside".

The RainSoft Airmaster Ultra is an exceptional product that has been in the RainSoft lineup since 2002. It is manufacturder by RainSoft's division in California, ClearWater Tech. They have been designing and manufacturing commercial and residential air and water purification systems since 1986. The product is currently undergoing third party testing and will soon carry the Good Housekeeping Seal. (FYI, the Sharper Image Ionic Breeze was submitted to the Good Housekeeping Institute...and failed. That's why they had to go offshore to get certified byThe British Allergy Foundation, which is obtained by paying a fee; there is no product testing involved.) You will not be disappointed with your new Airmaster.

Skip the soaps, you'll be happier with your current regime.

The company is as strong as ever. Their new parent company (www.waudcapital.com) is investing heavily in the company for new product development and customer support. The days of the "old RainSoft" and the baggae that came with that are gone (the days known ny H20 Man). I know who he is, and he was once inside in the dealer network, but hasn't been for some time...well before the company took on a new financial partner.

Do you think that their spokesperson Florence Henderson would lend her name to this company with having her management research it? www.rainsoft.com
0 Replies

in the know

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 07:59 am
And by the way...
Ecowater is dropping their program to get their products tested and validated by third parties. They are dropping their Water Quality Association certifications, as well as their Good Housekeeping Seal.

Ecowater is more concerned with selling their products to Big Box stores like Sears, and their support to their dealer network has been in a downward spiral for some time.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 08:08 am
Re: And by the way...
in the know wrote:
Ecowater is dropping their program to get their products tested and validated by third parties. They are dropping their Water Quality Association certifications, as well as their Good Housekeeping Seal.

The WQA certification and Good Housekeeping Seal are worthless paid advertising. They are intended to sway the dumb masses.

If ECOWATER has in fact dropped these third party advertisers I would conclude they have found a better way to validate, possibly in-house.

ECOWATER is only getting better Cool
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 08:24 am
in the know wrote:
First of all, no conjecture here from someone "outside".

The days of the "old RainSoft" and the baggae that came with that are gone (the days known by H20 Man). I know who he is, and he was once inside in the dealer network, but hasn't been for some time...well before the company took on a new financial partner.

Do you think that their spokesperson Florence Henderson would lend her name to this company with having her management research it?

Florence is a paid spokeswoman. How long do you think she would lend her name to a product if she was no longer paid?

IMPO, the RainSoft products have gotten worse since the company was sold to an investment group.
It is well known to us on the inside of this industry that what is left of RainSoft/ Aquion will soon be parted out and sold off much like Culligan.

You say you know me, yet your profile tells us nothing about you.

Who are you?

Step outside of the dealer network and look at the bigger picture.

You say "The days of the "old RainSoft" and the baggage that came with that are gone" ... then tell us why
customers from all over the world are upset with RainSoft service and products that are less than 3 years old?

Rainsoft System....Is it worth it? NO
0 Replies

in the know

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 10:14 am
Of course she is paid. But no amount of money would be taken by someone if it would tarnish/destroy a reputation.

What is well known to you is folly. Sine the acquisition, Aquion Water Treatment Products, LLC has strengthened within all of the companies: RainSoft, ProSystems, Erie Water Treatment Controls, ClearWater Tech.

The company's ISO processes and new A.C.E. manufacturing systems and procedures are state of the art. (You can read about AWTP in a major feature profile coming up in the March issue of Water Conditioning & Purification magazine.) If you attend the WQA show in March, I would encourage you to stop by the AWTP booth and see what the future of the industry looks like.

Eco pulling support on dealers, Culligan products manufactured in China...all very sad.

Who are these customers from all over the world you speak about? What are their numbers? Sound like you have an axe to grind (and from what I hear, you do.)

Tell us what you know about the technology behind the Airmaster, how it works, what contaimnant reduction claims it makes...and how in your professional opinion you deem it a "joke".

It's facts that help people on this board when they look to make an eduacted, informed decision. Let's get in the spirit of that kind of thinking.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 11:24 am
Rainsoft System....Is it worth it? ** NO **
in the know wrote:

Sine the acquisition, Aquion Water Treatment Products, LLC has strengthened within all of the companies: RainSoft, ProSystems, Erie Water Treatment Controls, ClearWater Tech.

The company's ISO processes and new A.C.E. manufacturing systems and procedures are state of the art. If you attend the WQA show in March, I would encourage you to stop by the AWTP booth and see what the future of the industry looks like.

Who are these customers from all over the world you speak about? What are their numbers? Sound like you have an axe to grind (and from what I hear, you do.)

Tell us what you know about the technology behind the Airmaster, how it works, what contaimnant reduction claims it makes...and how in your professional opinion you deem it a "joke".

It's facts that help people on this board when they look to make an eduacted, informed decision. Let's get in the spirit of that kind of thinking.

Why don't you introduce yourself to us?

Have you read any of the RainSoft related post on this forum?

Is RainSoft going to stay in the water business, soap business or are they going to stray into the air filtration business?

Does RainSoft actually produce any of the goods it puts it's name on yet?

How is the AirMaster technology going to help any of the folks that own defective RainSoft water treatment equipment?

I am currently helping a California client that was sold a new RainSoft valve built by ERIE that does not work, neither the selling dealer
nor the factory can fix it... I have 3 clients in Russia with defective Gold and Silver series valves that can't get any help from RainSoft.
Is this the future you are speaking of?

Do you really want to attack me personally ~ ?

I am here to help people - why are you here?
0 Replies

bman796

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 02:19 pm
Rainsoft is no good!
From the moment we had this thing installed we have had nothing but trouble. We were promised by the salesman that our ice would be "crystal clear" and our skin would feel silky soft. Our quality of water would be vastly improved we were told.

Shortly after this hunk of junk was installed my wife noticed that while running bath water for our two babies, the water color was yellow! The people at Rainsoft were baffled, of course. A technician has come out to fix the problem on several occasions.

The salesman also lied to us about the financing. We were told that we were being set up on an installment loan. This couldn't have been farther from the truth.

These people are extremely dishonest. I would NEVER, EVER buy this product again! I have made sure others I know will not buy this product either.
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 04:03 pm
http://ripoffreport.com/

http://www.complaints.com/

If you wish to know more about different companies doing business as water treatment, please go to these two sites and simply search for the manufacturer's name. These are mostly costumers who have had unfortunate dealings is such a way as to cause them to speak out for others to understand their own regrets and actions/reactions.

If you are asking for quotes try KINETICO. They make an excellent products and have some very unique features leading to great benefits that other companies can't compare. Let them explain in detail and ask direct and pertinent questions about every aspect of their demonstration and product line.

No ONE system is perfect and there are balances and pay-offs to everything out there. The matter mostly lies in getting the most for your money.

Andy Christensen, CWS
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:18 pm
Kinetico is an over priced alternating twin tank type softener. Andy sells them.

Twin tank softeners provide softened water 24/7. The vast majority of homes do not need softened water 24 hrs/day because usually no water is used from 2:00AM to 3:30AM when most softeners regenerate once every few days to every 8 days or so. So unless you have shift workers or other reasons for water use during the middle of the night on a consistent basis, you don't need a twin tank softener that costs more and takes up more floor space than regular softeners but...

Fleck Controls makes more twin tank model control valves than anyone else. A softener using them costs much less than Kinetico and lasts as long or longer and are not proprietary. Meaning you can use many local or online dealers for parts and service when needed. With Kinetico, you're tied to one local dealer and will pay their prices or not get service.

Possibly Andy can give us some reasons why he proposes a twin tank type softener.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:22 pm
Beware online sellers of overpriced Clack valves.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:03 am
I believe people should beware of rip offs and an ex Rainsoft ($7900) and now an Ecowater ($3500 "negotiable") dealer that sells other equipment using Fleck valves without mentioning what model valve and then seems to be secretive about all of that, certainly qualifies as a rip off IMO.

But it sounds as if you've done your famous roll eyes up and scratch your posterior for 2 seconds pulling out your research rather than to actually find prices for softeners using a Clack valve to see who's price is higher.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:56 am
Gary Slusser wrote:
I believe people should beware of rip offs and an ex Rainsoft ($7900) and now an Ecowater ($3500 "negotiable") dealer that sells other equipment using Fleck valves without mentioning what model valve and then seems to be secretive about all of that, certainly qualifies as a rip off IMO.

But it sounds as if you've done your famous roll eyes up and scratch your posterior for 2 seconds pulling out your research rather than to actually find prices for softeners using a Clack valve to see who's price is higher.

It must be nap time again Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 08:46 am
bman796

I apologize for some members of this forum as some are compelled to slam other products and other members of the forum every chance they get. It often results in the original contributors of threads to abandon the forum as there is no wish to listen to diatribes, falsehoods and petty-adolescent bickering.

I was just trying to offer pertinent advice, research tools and alternatives without slamming anyone or any other product. There are those who feel this is their only means of communication so I am sure you can figure that out. To me, it has the scent of frustration and desperation. There are those in any industry that try to sell using the approach of "kill the competition with libel and slander" and hope someone will buy it. Well, so be it....

To state that Fleck makes more twin valves than anyone else is little more than conjecture without data, statistics and facts. I would think otherwise but so what. MacDonald's makes the most hamburgers, too. They must be the best!

The point that anyone needs water 24/7 is never made an issue by those who prefer, sell or buy twin tank designs, so to constantly arguing so goes against is one of the major flaws in debate: Arguing a point never made. Albeit true.

The point often made though is you never run out of treated water, which other systems can do on a regular basis. Many of my customers were disappointed with previous systems running out of treated water or being forced to regenerate way too often to make up for the difference.

Anyway, please don't be disappointed by the misconduct of some while disregarding advice from others.

Hope you success in your solutions,

Andy Christensen, CWS
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 03:54 pm
Andy, has anyone mentioned to you about how you are always talking about what you want to say instead of simply saying it clearly as you sit/stand straight keeping your shoulders back'n head up?

I suggest you then proof read it for clarity.

Also, you're constantly talking about me rather than to me when I talk about what you have said in reply to someone; like in this thread.

BTW Bman isn't the original poster of this thread but... why did you propose he buy a high priced Kinetico and different type softener when he already has a very expensive brand new softener? IYO how would that help him with his problem?
0 Replies