F**K you america

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 09:38 am
Its only the kind of George Bush attitude problem america that really annoys the Brits. 50% may not have voted for him. but 50% OF YOU DID!!!! WHAT WERE YOU ON YOU MORONS????

However I don't really have anything against the rest of america.
Apart the fact you put my father out of buisness. But that was only one guy. he probably voted for bush anyway.

Apart from this im sure most americans are very nice. You can't generalise as much to say that a whole country is full of twats.
I loved the simpsons.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 09:40 am
Just in time for Thanksgiving, the feel good America thread reappears. Pass the cranberry sauce.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 09:52 am
God Im so ignorant about other cultures.
is thanksgiving the equivelent of christmas?
or do you have both christmas and thanksgiving?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 09:54 am
thanksgiving is the holiday where we celebrate the fact that we live in a place where we can say F*ck America and not worry about going to a camp for it.

It's obviously a meaningful holiday for us. We committed genocide on practically an entire race in order to do it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 09:58 am
The American Thanksgiving holiday was instituted by Abraham Lincoln in 1863--he was the first American President to significantly introduce religion into the public forum.

Immediately afterward, the self-promoters in New England created this big myth of the "Pilgrim Fathers" instituting a day of Thanksgiving for their safe arrival in the New World. That was a load of bunk--there were already many English living on the Massachusetts Bay when the Pilgrims arrived, but they turned their noses up a the help that Moses Maverick offered them, because they didn't think he was a good Puritan. (Maverick settled where Salem, Massachusetts, Essex County, is located today.) They'd have starved to death if the Indians hadn't contemptuously taken pity on them. Holding prayer services of thanksgiving was common enough among Protestants of all sorts, including Puritans, but there is no reliable record of the "Pilgrims" having established an annual holiday.

Basically, though, it's a day when Americans eat too much, and fall asleep watching football on the teevee.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 09:59 am
Oh, and just to get into the spirit of the thing . . .

F*ck you England, ya bunch a c*nts . . .
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:02 am
During the holiday season (generally between Thanksgiving and New Years) I've heard some people try a little harder to remember to be grateful for what they've got, and to practice the principles of the putative Jesus.

I've heard.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:02 am
Setanta wrote:
Oh, and just to get into the spirit of the thing . . .

F*ck you England, ya bunch a c*nts . . .

pass me a drumstick big dawg.....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:03 am
Here ya go . . . i prefer the dark meat of chicken, but i want the breast when it comes to turkey . . . reach me them mashed potatoes, K?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:07 am
sorry dawg, at my table the big breasts are spoken for.....
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:13 am
Hey F**K everybody... and pass the stuffing please.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:20 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:

I"d like to give it a try.... but I'm pretty sure my dinner would get cold in the interim.....
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:21 am
Ok I'm being serious here:

People like dev you want to ignore, its obvious you can't slam a whole nation. It's pretty immature to even answer back because the 'f*** you america' 'No, F*** you England" scenario could go on for ever.

On the other hand though, americans, you have to try and understand that your nation (Not you personally) doesn't give out a very good image, with all the wastefullness, refusing to cut down on carbon emmissions, going to war with any country you don't like, e.g vietnam because they are communists, iraq because they have lots of oil etc, and generally being a superpower (It used to be england everyone hated.)

So to be honest, its no big suprise that threads like this exist, is it?
If there was an able2know during the industrial revolution 150 years ago, then there would probably have been threads like 'F*** you england"
But there wasn't thankfully, so we just basked in our glory and sand 'rule Britania' at every available oppertunity.
Razz
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:22 am
gungasnake wrote:
Maybe next time somebody comes over here and flies airplanes into our buildings and poisons our senate office building with anthrax, rather than take down his government and try to set up a rational one for him, we'll just drop the big one on him. Here's what it looks like:

http://paulmccain.worldmagblog.com/paulmccain/NAT00011.jpg

Taking down your own government and setting up a rational one would solve all your problems, and you prefer dropping the big one to your self?

Or you are trying to convince us that a bunch of Arab peasants have the technology to produce anthrax like the parents convince the 5 year olds that Santa Klaus exists? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:23 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
jpinMilwaukee wrote:

I"d like to give it a try.... but I'm pretty sure my dinner would get cold in the interim.....

That's what the microwave is for, bear.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:28 am
I love that stuffing that gets baked in the pan next to the bird--i much prefer it the stuffing which actually goes into the bird and gets all soggy. I like the crispy stuff. Can i have some a them yams, please?
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:28 am
What was the reason that the taliban hate americans again????
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:33 am
Oh... I like the crispy stuffing too. No soggy stuff for me... and no raisins either. I hate stuffing with raisins. I'll take some of those yams when you're done with them... as long as there are no marshmallow on them.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:37 am
Yikes and what are yams?
Jesus. america is different to england.

Thanksgiving must be like having xmas twice.
Maybe us english people should invent another christmas, to keep up with the yanks?
Maybe it can be thanksgiving that we aren't american!
No only joking......
....one christmas is quite enough.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:38 am
God, i hate marshmallows on yams, too--how stupid is that. Musta got the recipe off a bag of marshmallows.

I could really go for a big, thick, juicy slice of ham right now.
0 Replies