Vanilla

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:08 pm
What didn't happen yesterday that I would have liked to see is voting out the southern religious homophobic republicans while voting in the western fiscal (Goldwater) conservatives as well as more social liberals (FDR) democrats. What we got is more moderate vanilla.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 556 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:10 pm
dys- Well, ya can't have everything. The operative word here is "moderate". At least we got rid of some of the more strident radical righties!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:13 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
dys- Well, ya can't have everything. The operative word here is "moderate". At least we got rid of some of the more strident radical righties!

I still have ideals Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:21 pm
Seriously though, I think that the new Congress will be more concerned with the here and now, and not the "hereafter" that was so prevalent in the recent past. Hopefully, the new group of legislators will know the difference between behavior that is appropriate in running a country, and personal religious beliefs!!!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:24 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Seriously though, I think that the new Congress will be more concerned with the here and now, and not the "hereafter" that was so prevalent in the recent past. Hopefully, the new group of legislators will know the difference between behavior that is appropriate in running a country, and personal religious beliefs!!!

Phoenix, I think you must have been born a south-westerner and adopted to th east coast.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:24 pm
And Phoenix, the lady Diane says Hi.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:27 pm
I'm happy enough, for a few days.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:29 pm
dyslexia wrote:
And Phoenix, the lady Diane says Hi.

Give her a kiss for me! Very Happy

I don't know if you had read this, but I had mentioned on another thread that my husband and I met at work. The people who worked in this place were very liberal, and what we had in common, was that we were probably the only two people in the place who had voted for Goldwater!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:31 pm
I'll add, though, a comment from my old friend Bonnie: "Have you ever seen me happy?"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:37 pm
I got a new state representative who thinks Rush limbaugh is the bestthingnextofcoursetogodtohappentothehumanspecies.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:40 pm
Re: Vanilla
dyslexia wrote:
while voting in the western fiscal (Goldwater) conservatives as well as more social liberals (FDR) democrats.

(Followers of) Goldwater and FDR?? Shocked

What in heavens name would the two even ever agree on??

Imagine FDR and Goldwater (or an FDR-ite and a Goldwaterian) trying to agree on any kind of economic policy, or on education or employment or public investment or welfare or..
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:52 pm
Re: Vanilla
nimh wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
while voting in the western fiscal (Goldwater) conservatives as well as more social liberals (FDR) democrats.

(Followers of) Goldwater and FDR?? Shocked

What in heavens name would the two even ever agree on??

Imagine FDR and Goldwater (or an FDR-ite and a Goldwaterian) trying to agree on any kind of economic policy, or on education or employment or public investment or welfare or..

Yes, you get the point.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 07:15 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Seriously though, I think that the new Congress will be more concerned with the here and now, and not the "hereafter" that was so prevalent in the recent past.

I got news. In the political context, the hereafter usually means the next election.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 07:33 pm
I got news for you. The 2008 election started today.

The next election is here and now.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 07:39 pm
I take your point.
0 Replies