Party lines or Politician?

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:24 am
With the chance that the Dems could take the House and the Senate today, are people voting with the Big Picture in mind, or are they more concerned with voting for the right candidate, regardless of their party affiliation?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 561 • Replies: 4
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:27 am
Probably depends. I normally vote the person, but in this case, I definitely have the big picture in mind. I don't live in one of the battleground areas, but I felt the need to abstain from voting for any Republicans in order to send a message. Ordinarily, I would have voted for one or two, maybe more.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:32 am
Yeah, both for me too. I'm voting straight Dem at the House/ Senate/ Gubernatorial level, but I think the current (Republican) Franklin County Auditor rocks and will be voting for him, and for a Republican for Franklin County Commissioner.

If I actually thought a Republican was a better candidate at the House/Senate/ Gubernatorial level I might vote for him or her, dunno. Luckily I don't have to face that decision since I think all of the Democratic candidates at that level are better.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:45 am
sozobe wrote:
Yeah, both for me too. I'm voting straight Dem at the House/ Senate/ Gubernatorial level, but I think the current (Republican) Franklin County Auditor rocks and will be voting for him, and for a Republican for Franklin County Commissioner.

If I actually thought a Republican was a better candidate at the House/Senate/ Gubernatorial level I might vote for him or her, dunno. Luckily I don't have to face that decision since I think all of the Democratic candidates at that level are better.

ditto, I voted straight communists party-the big picture. (only because there are no anarchists or libertarians on the ballot)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 12:54 pm
Depends on if they are an incumbant for me. NO incumbants get my vote this year, except for one, who was just elected last time and his opponent is a total dick. He still gets my vote, but that's it.

Hillary doesn't get my vote... hehehe least I can do.
0 Replies