Domestic factors in American foreign policy

tonet

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 02:41 am
My teacher asked me to write a essay on this topic. I am a Chinese, I read not about this from the book write by those famous professors in international relationships studies arena. But sometimes there opinions all like the same, they emphsis the Congress, Presidency. What i wanner know is that how do origin American think about this? What domestic aspects do you think that can influence American foreign policy most? thanks for your help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 513 • Replies: 1
No top replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 12:04 am
US foreign policy is a bit mercantile in that it is broken down to those things done for the state and (therotically) for people. mercantile, because those things done by the government to support US business interests return wealth to the nation.

yet those things done for the people also range from economic things like trade policies that use tariffs to protect jobs to more subjective items like disaster aid, and support of human rights.
0 Replies