Saddam Guilty

candidone1

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 12:23 pm
Quite convenient that, after the circus act that characterized the first few months of the trial, the judgement came so quickly, and right before the mid-terms.

I expect OBL to show up in shackles just before the '08 presidential election.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 12:26 pm
Lash wrote:
I am horrified that my country is going to have a hand in a hanging.

Would you prefer to shoot him yourself?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 12:26 pm
woiyo wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
I'm not sure why there is any more legitimacy to this tribunal than the one that found the US guilty of "unlawful use of force" back in 1986.

Quote:
The United States argued that the Court did not have jurisdiction, with U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Jeane Kirkpatrick dismissing the Court as a "semi-legal, semi-juridical, semi-political body which nations sometimes accept and sometimes don't."

Source

Saddam Hussein made a similar statement:
Quote:
"I do not respond to this so-called court, with all due respect to its people, and I retain my constitutional right as the president of Iraq, "neither do I recognize the body that has designated and authorized you, nor the aggression because all that has been built on false basis is false."

Source

What is your point?

Thanks for stopping in......
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 12:32 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Lash wrote:

Would you prefer to shoot him yourself?

You've actually sort of helped me with my explanation. I despise what he did and I want him punished--but in a way that exemplifies a BIG distinction in his character and the character of those who claim superiority to him.

I feel strongly that if I vote for CP, it IS me killing him. Cold blooded killing is not something I condone. Hot blooded Very Happy is another matter entirely.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 12:33 pm
candidone1 wrote:
woiyo wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
I'm not sure why there is any more legitimacy to this tribunal than the one that found the US guilty of "unlawful use of force" back in 1986.

Quote:
The United States argued that the Court did not have jurisdiction, with U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Jeane Kirkpatrick dismissing the Court as a "semi-legal, semi-juridical, semi-political body which nations sometimes accept and sometimes don't."

Source

Quote:
"I do not respond to this so-called court, with all due respect to its people, and I retain my constitutional right as the president of Iraq, "neither do I recognize the body that has designated and authorized you, nor the aggression because all that has been built on false basis is false."

Source

What is your point?

Thanks for stopping in......

Your welcome.

Thanks for your useless information.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 12:33 pm
They could let me shoot him. Then after I die, on my way through purgatory, Saddam would be there with a whole army of squirrels...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 12:36 pm
But, that would be heaven.... Very Happy
0 Replies

paull

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 02:18 pm
Quote:
Lash wrote:

New Hampshire and Washington still sanction execution by hanging. I recall one in Delaware in the 90's, but they are a lethal injection state now.

I have always thought the manner doesn't matter so much as the timing. I would like the day of execution to be random, so that the perp can die as his victims did.......one morning you wake up, and without ceremony, die.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 04:20 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
talk72000 wrote:
To sanitize the situation I would merely add that it is not the USA that is doing it but W. He cheated his way into the White House with family pull and is about to destroy the democracy at home while proclaiming democracy Bush-style in Iraq and elsewhere.

Funny, I thought he was elected twice. What is it exactly in the 2000 Supreme Court decision that you disagree with? What is the part of the opinion that you consider incorrect?

talk72000 wrote:
The Supreme Court under Republicans!

Faux News, Clear Channel Group
Florida under Jeb Bush
Cheney secret meeting with oil executives
Wireless Transmitter/Receiver running down W's back during the 2004 debate
Rules of debates that favor scripted responses.

all leads to Iraq mess.

Both Mr. Bush and Mr. Kerry received about half of the electoral votes. The matter was ended by a Supreme Court decision. You say that Mr. Bush "cheated his way into the White House." I then asked you what defect you found in the Supreme Court decision that ended the matter. Either their decision was correct or incorrect. If, as you allege, it was incorrect, tell me in what way. What is the defect in their legal opinion? If there was no defect, then their opinion was correct.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 04:23 pm
talk72000 wrote:
Brandon, the bomb makers must be paying you handsomely for shilling for W.

This is the post of a child, and it certainly provides no support for your opinions. I am neither paid, nor shilling for anyone. I support candidates who echo my opinions in cases in which they echo my opinions. I state agreement with the President most of the time because he echoes my own opinions most of the times. Big conspiracy.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 06:31 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
debate
Both Mr. Bush and Mr. Kerry received about half of the electoral votes. The matter was ended by a Supreme Court decision.

Huh?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:14 pm
candidone1 wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Both Mr. Bush and Mr. Kerry received about half of the electoral votes. The matter was ended by a Supreme Court decision.

Huh?

What's the part you don't understand?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:20 pm
I don't know Brandon, but I thought the thing with the electorial votes and the Supreme Court involved Al Gore/Lieberman in 2004?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:23 pm
candidone1 wrote:

Quote:

Source

Quote:

Source

Saddam Hussein, on the other hand, did have the law on his side when he murdered, tortured, and raped his fellow citizens, since he was writing the laws.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:29 pm
revel wrote:
I don't know Brandon, but I thought the thing with the electorial votes and the Supreme Court involved Al Gore/Lieberman in 2004?

Right, I meant Gore, of course, but it was in 2000, not 2004. Also, they're called "electoral" votes.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:36 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
revel wrote:

Right, I meant Gore, of course, but it was in 2000, not 2004. Also, they're called "electoral" votes.

Should have stoped at Lieberman. Smile
0 Replies