Kerry vs Bush

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 08:59 pm
In the social circles Kerry moves around in one may joke about someone obliquely without naming names and with a slight hint as to who that person might be. It assumes much sophistication i.e. a certain level of intelligence and knowledge to appreciate the joke in a wry way. It seems that was the way Kerry was making fun of W but W's much cruder handlers deliberately and erroneously identified the troops as the butt of the joke.

So what can one make of the brouhaha? Well, for one thing Kerry better joke in such a way that even though oblique make sure that the butt of the joke can unmistakeably only refer to one person and not several people. The worst of it is that someone was offended.

With W who could probably make better jokes, however does more than make people laugh. His decisions maim and kill people like those in Iraq and those sent to Iraq thru the small print in the military contract.

That is the difference between Kerry and Bush.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 569 • Replies: 15
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:06 pm
talk, I'm not so sure that's the only difference. Bush beat Kerry in the debates. That brings up a whole lotta questions about Kerry's ability.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:13 pm
Kerry should have kept a low profile as this is a Congressional Election not Presidential. However, Bush handlers are making hay of Kerry's joke which could hurt the Democrats. Kerry is not running for president so what he says doesn't matter right now.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:20 pm
Re: Kerry vs Bush
talk72000 wrote:
..With W who could probably make better jokes, however does more than make people laugh. His decisions maim and kill people like those in Iraq and those sent to Iraq thru the small print in the military contract.

Yes, like every other national leader who has started a war throughout history, including FDR. Bush's behavior, be it good or bad, doesn't excuse Kerry's.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:27 pm
Kerry's actions hasn't put anyone in harm's way. Besides Kerry isn't President, maybe never will be so talking up Kerry is of no consequence.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 10:51 am
talk wrote: Kerry's actions hasn't put anyone in harm's way. Besides Kerry isn't President, maybe never will be so talking up Kerry is of no consequence.

The only problem with your observation is that many Americans don't understand that Kerry isn't running for anything on November 7, 2006, and use his gaff to vote republican.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 11:09 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
talk wrote: Kerry's actions hasn't put anyone in harm's way. Besides Kerry isn't President, maybe never will be so talking up Kerry is of no consequence.

The only problem with your observation is that many Americans don't understand that Kerry isn't running for anything on November 7, 2006, and use his gaff to vote republican.

Who? Anyone you know? I don't personally think that gaffe is gonna flip anyone. It's only being kept alive by those who already hated Kerry. It's a non-starter they're beating because they got nothing else.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 11:14 am
snood, Mine is only a guess from the simple fact that the republicans only have that straw to use. What else can they use to support their candidates? Their top echelon in their party has been charged with crimes, Iraq is a big mess, and Bush's approval rating is now 29 percent. Not much else they can use as an excuse.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 03:14 pm
Kerry shows his true colors - skull & bones! His chances in 2008 are now next to nil.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 06:45 pm
Like they were great before...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 07:57 pm
That kerry's chances in 2008 are nil doesn't negate the fact the right-wingers are using his gaff to divert the real issues and votes.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 07:58 pm
Why else would they spend so much energy on a no-brainer?
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 09:23 pm
Kerry - Bush.
It is incredible that no national figure has come forward to simply note that what Kerry said is true. No one who is breathing can tell me that we don't all share the knowledge that the military is the one secure place for a jobless young male to find employment. We all know the truth of the matter, yet some people still believe the propensity and abiltity of the GOP to turn a combat military veteran into a monster for making a casual, truthful observation. And then, like the jackels they are, they wrap themselves in the flag and talk about how Kerry mistreated those young men who, in need of work, joined the mlitary. And not a peep about there own and their compadres chicken-hawk approach to
the need for enlisitees in the military.

I am a veteran who enlisted during war time.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 10:20 pm
I don't think Kerry intended to make comment on the lack of education or employability of the enlisted men and women in Iraq. He said " you end up in Iraq" instead of "you get us into Iraq" because he was attempting to be witty and hip to the college students, and he flubbed it. That's all I believe that happened. If he had been trying to make a "casual" "statement of fact" that was as insulting to those on active duty as what some are trying to say he did, it would be a whole different thing. That's not what I believe happened.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 11:05 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
That kerry's chances in 2008 are nil doesn't negate the fact the right-wingers are using his gaff to divert the real issues and votes.

The real issues like unprovable speculation about Bush's National Guard service.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 12:03 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

The real issues like unprovable speculation about Bush's National Guard service.

Goddam, Brandon - do you even realize how retarded you look bringing that up? Who said anything about that?
0 Replies