political phone calls

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 08:23 am
Our house-hold had been getting about 10 recorded phones per day re the upcoming election. It seems the republican based has ben solidly attack messages "did you know the democrat running against me is a communist who works nights as an abortionist?" vs the democrat calls that say "be sure to vote" I'm seriously thinking about becoming a democrat.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 497 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:07 am
There are too damned many of these calls...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:14 am
I am on a "Do not call" list, so I don't get too many of these calls. With the few that I get, I use the call as an opportunity to vent my spleen. I was particularly pissed at someone who called me at 10 pm, just as the denouement in a movie that I was watching was fast approaching. I think that I was quite clear as to my emotional state at the time! Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:22 am
I had a neat message of the kill-a-tree snail mail variety. Said the Republican opposing our governer wants to legalize drugs. Guess what state, Dyslexia.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 02:14 pm
Phoenix--

Do Not Call doesn't apply to political calls.

I've hung up on Hillary Clinton (recording) and the Governor of PA (recording) and the friends and enemies of Rick Santorum (recording) and the friends and enemies of the candidates for the PA lower chamber.

How dare either party think that my vote can be influenced by a recorded message.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 02:19 pm
I hang up on all recorded messages as quickly as I can.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 07:34 pm
I'm thinking of starting a reverse psychology pre-recorded phone call. Phone calls on behalf of the opponent which are so obnoxious that it drives the caller away from him.

"Hello, I'm calling on behalf of Joe Lieberman. What color underwear are you wearing?"
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 07:44 pm
We're in the middle of a round of municipal elections here.

Setanta asked me earlier this evening what it meant when the phone was flashing in its charging cradle. I told him it meant a call was coming in. mmmmm, why isn't it ringing? I turned the ringer off.

After one evening of 15 political and carpet calls/msgs I was done. I may turn the ringer back on in a coupla weeks and see how things go.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 07:53 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Phoenix--

Makes you wonder just who it is that is writing the laws!
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:43 pm
ehBeth wrote:
We're in the middle of a round of municipal elections here......

.....I may turn the ringer back on in a coupla weeks and see how things go.

When is Election Day in Canada?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 08:19 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Noddy24 wrote:
Phoenix--

Makes you wonder just who it is that is writing the laws!

Did not know that it did not apply to political calls. I knew that it also didn't apply to charitable calls.

In general, just from hearing about what the rest of you have experienced, I don't really get that many calls. I wonder whether the politicians know that we have already voted in early elections?

I am not being paranoid. We had this experience. My husband and I had a couple of Toyotas. We would regularly get mail from Toyota making offers, advertising sales, etc. We then bought a couple of cars from Honda.

From that day forward, we did not get one piece of mail from Toyota. Now how the hell did they know that we sold our Toyotas?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 04:28 pm
Phoenix--

You stopped showing up at the Toyota dealer for your regular checkups.
0 Replies