Swimpy

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 12:12 pm
My flashes are always in my peripheral vision. They are caused by the pull of the vitreous humour on the retina. Again, Nick, see an MD, I'm begging you. Farmerman has the car warmed up, let's go!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 12:30 pm
I call SHOTGUN!

Nick, so this has happened since you had the lasik eval...?

when are you going back for the lasik? They'll want to look at your eyes again anyway before the procedure, why not now?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 09:56 pm
Ok, I just checked out the same phenomenon with a 25 year old lady and she observes the same thing! She also sees the star cluster from the corner of her eyes! But in her case she can "just barely see it" straight on whereas I can hardly see it at all. It must be some sort of trick of the eye.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 10:18 am
NickFun wrote:
Ok, I just checked out the same phenomenon with a 25 year old lady and she observes the same thing! She also sees the star cluster from the corner of her eyes! But in her case she can "just barely see it" straight on whereas I can hardly see it at all. It must be some sort of trick of the eye.

OK, Now you're just pissing me off.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 11:17 am
You too, eh?

GO!

Maybe it's nothing, maybe it is, heckuva lot better to find out it's something earlier (when more can be done) than later (when you're more likely to be up **** creek).

At the very least, as Chai Tea said, don't you have to go back re: Lasik anyway? (And you're considering having lasers slice open your eyeball but you're too squeamish to go to the opthamologist to rule something out re: this galaxy business?)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 11:36 am
slicing open your eyeball......mmmmm.....

http://www.revoptom.com/osc/105118/Carlson-LASIK-Photo.jpg

Good thing you can feel it.....
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 10:00 am
I saw my opthamologist on Friday and he gave my eyes a clean bill of health. It seems I have pretty strong peripheral vision but my night vision is not as strong as it once was. The star cluster that I have been observing emits a wavelength light that is easily seen through peripheral vision but I would need a strong pair of binoculars to be able to view it otherwise. He said my eyes are fine. Phew!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 10:07 am
OK, then, that's wonderful!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 11:19 am
NickFun wrote:
but my night vision is not as strong as it once was.

turning 40 is such a b!tch
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 11:46 am
Great (she says, letting out breath!)
0 Replies