aquafine iron filter causes pump to lose prime

andyinottawa

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:21 am
I am not sure what size sub I have it was there when we bought the house I could send a picture of my setup but i have no way to post a picture on here , I have the mazi valve off the well line then the pressure tank and about 8ft of hose then a air valve with a float ( I cleaned that bowl and it works fine ) then on to the iron filter with a bybass and such , none of the air filter lines were touched I only installed the mazi if it was the sub bowl full of crap wouldn't it kick off after the pump runs no matter what I was running ?
0 Replies

andyinottawa

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:25 am
a new iron tank will run me a couple of grand , right now I just back wash it manually every few days I turn to reg a few times and when I hear the pump start to lose pressure I shut the regen off then restart the backwash process again then manually move the dial ahead and it finishes off its cycle ok , just a pain in the butt though
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:31 am
andyinottawa wrote:
when I hear the pump start to lose pressure I shut the regen off then restart the backwash process again then manually move the dial ahead and it finishes off its cycle ok , just a pain in the butt though

OK, now it sounds like you have a timer plate issue.

Maybe it is staying in backwash to long. How long is it set to backwash?
12 to 15 minutes should be fine. Filters have a high flow rate to drain and
if they get stuck in backwash you can see these issues.

I'm just throwing out some ideas ...

HTH ~
0 Replies

andyinottawa

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:33 am
I am not sure how long the backwash cycle is I can check I just know it backwashes hard for about a min then the pump cuts out should it backwash for 12 mins constantly ? ??
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:47 am
andyinottawa wrote:
should it backwash for 12 mins constantly ? ??

yes, 12+ minutes of continuos flow.

Andy, I wish I was able to offer you a solution, but it seems you have a few issues working against you.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:31 pm
I wonder if something happened to Andy. I have this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that when he went out to check his backwash cycle he was attacked, and possibly eaten, by a passing mountain lion.

Let's cross our fingers.
0 Replies