toddlers, cats, and fleas!!!

AACW

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:29 pm
my cats have fleas for the first time in 9 years, i used frontline a couple of weeks ago and gave them both a bath but i still keep finding fleas, ON MY 1YR OLD DAUGHTERS!! i can't put down flea powder in my house because my twins are crawling all over the place and i don't want to harm them but the cats are going to have to live outside if i find one more flea crawling on my kids. we have no flea bites or anything but they are obviously in my house so if anyone knows of something that i can use to exterminate them without harming my children or pets please give it up!!! Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 770 • Replies: 5
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:47 pm
Find a way to be able to stay out of your house for 2 or 3 days.

Family you could visit?
A hotel as a " getaway" would be nice too..

and bomb the house. A bug bomb would be the quickest, most complete solution I think.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 09:41 am
USUALLY... fleas will only crawl on humans when it's a last resort. This usually happens when you've given your animal a flea preventative. They don't like the animal, so they will try crawling on you then realize that's not what they want, and make it out the house.

do you live in an apt? If so, they could be coming from the house next door.

Be sure to wash all your sheets, cat beds, etc. I really don't see a reason they should stay in the house, so give it a few more days, and they should hopefully go away.

I'm sure your cats would rather stay in the house to sleep with their favorite people in the world Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 11:13 am
Didn't you already post this thread. Lots of people put in serious and considered answers to your querry. Why ask again?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 02:13 pm
I thought so, too. I doubt cowdoc will bother to repeat himself.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 02:29 pm
Maybe AACW couldn't find the thread. It is under Pets and Garden..

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=85306
0 Replies