Bush ~ 'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED'

Zippo

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 01:51 pm
Bush should be made to eat his own -- 'Mission Accomplished' sign (October 29, 2003) Evil or Very Mad

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/ALLPOLITICS/10/28/mission.accomplished/vstory.bush.banner.afp.jpg

Quote:
Baghdad Bomb Kills at Least 33; U.S. Toll Hits 100 for Oct.

By SABRINA TAVERNISE and JOHN O'NEIL
Published: October 30, 2006

BAGHDAD, Oct. 30 - At least 33 Shiite laborers were killed and 59 were wounded in a bomb blast in Baghdad today, as the American death toll in Iraq reached 100 for the month with the announcement by the military that a marine had been killed in al-Anbar province....

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/30/world/middleeast/31iraqcnd.html?ref=world
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,380 • Replies: 20
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 01:54 pm
http://wizbangblog.com/images/2005/saddam_052005.jpg

Looks accomplished to me.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:01 pm
You're easily impressed, McG. We haven't even succeeded in holding a trial!
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:12 pm
Dartagnan wrote:
You're easily impressed, McG. We haven't even succeeded in holding a trial!

Expect it about two days ahead of US mid-term elections even if they have to hold guns on the defense to keep them there the whole time.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:20 pm
I thought the objective was to bring a halt to Saddam's alleged WMD program that threatened the security of the US?
Then I thought it was to liberate the Iraqi people.

When I think of liberation, I would assume there would be a shift from something undesirable to something desirable.
I can't say that anything has been accomplished since the WMD claim turned out to be bunk, and the movement from something undesirable has not resulted in anything more desirable.

Spin it how you want McG, and spew all the right wing talking points and post all the pictures you want....Iraq is a mess and there is no evidence that the US is afer or Iraq is better off now than it was pre invasion.

The pic of Saddam in his tighty-whities may generate heat in the geriatric loins of the right wing in America, but it's hardly any solace for American soldiers dying in a war that was so poorly "planned" and so poorly executed. Nor is there any solace for the Iraqis whose country was turned upside down by another Hollywood shock and awe mega-thriller.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:24 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Looks accomplished to me.

So you think Saddam was worth 2,814 American lives? Rolling Eyes (not counting Iraqi)

I could have solved your problem with one bullet right between his eyes.

Didn't Bush think of that?

Why the heck does he have special operations forces ?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:32 pm
You guys are like dour old hags sitting around a bridge table.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:34 pm
Does that make you like the child who giggles loudly at a funeral?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:41 pm
I'd prefer to think that we are being as analytically critical as you would be had this been a democrat-venture-gone-bad.

I would also hope that you could set your partisanship aside to actually evaluate the current crisis in Iraq rather than being another lock step talking head capable of only regurgitating your deluded opinions of the fiasco.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:42 pm
Your rhetoric betrays your attitude candidone. You don't wish to discuss anything, you merely want to crawl in the mud with the pigs.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:43 pm
The mission has been accomplished. That mission was to eliminate Iraq as a threat.

Mission accomplished.

What we are doing there today is NOT part of the original mission statement.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:48 pm
I guess we got to try a little harder to lighten up like McG and the President; Dartagnan.

Quote:
The dictator who is assembling the world's most dangerous weapons has already used them on whole villages, leaving thousands of his own citizens dead, blind or disfigured.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/01/28/sotu.transcript.8/index.html

Quote:
In addition to campaign calls, I also spend a lot of time on the phone listening to our European allies. (Laughter.) The conversation went like this: "Hey, John, Kim Jung-il here." (Laughter.) "Just wanted to call and let you know you're my guy." (Laughter.)

Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere. (Laughter and applause.)

As you can tell from the look on Andy Card's face, we've become a little concerned about the Vice President lately. (Laughter.) Whenever you ask him a question, he replies, "Let's see what my little friend says." (Laughter.) But we get along well. Here I am saying, "Dick, if the Hunan Palace doesn't get lunch here in four minutes, we're going out." (Laughter.)

Nope, no weapons over there. (Laughter and applause.) Maybe under here. (Laughter.) Oops, this photo wasn't supposed to be in here. This is the Skull and Bones secret signal. (Laughter.)

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=27906
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:48 pm
woiyo wrote:
The mission has been accomplished. That mission was to eliminate Iraq as a threat.

Mission accomplished.

No, you see, the mission hasn't been accomplished.

According to Republicans, Iraq is a greater threat to us TODAY than it was during Saddam's reign. Because it is now a haven for terrorists, and if we don't continue military action, the terrorists will take over and they will all come blow up your kids and force you to choose Islaam or die.

So, how is the mission accomplished in any way?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:54 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Mission accomplished.

According to Republicans, Iraq is a greater threat to us TODAY than it was during Saddam's reign. Because it is now a haven for terrorists, and if we don't continue military action, the terrorists will take over and they will all come blow up your kids and force you to choose Islaam or die.

Cycloptichorn

You ask:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Before the invasion, it was entirely possible, and many people believed, that Saddam Hussein was continuing to develop WMD in hiding, something he had pledged to stop. Now it is certain that Iraq is not developing WMD. No matter what other factors you mention, this is something that has been accomplished. I'm not herein arguing anything other than this single fact - this is a goal of the invasion which has been accomplished.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 03:01 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Mission accomplished.

Cycloptichorn

Pure hyperbole on your part and the politicians, both democrat and republican, who created this mess by not sticking to the original mission statement.

http://www.broadbandc-span.org/downloads/hjres114.pdf
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 03:14 pm
woiyo wrote:

Pure hyperbole on your part and the politicians, both democrat and republican, who created this mess by not sticking to the original mission statement.

http://www.broadbandc-span.org/downloads/hjres114.pdf

So, what is the original mission statement ? (can't be bothered to read the pdf)

The reason why i ask is this : Smile [note - that was in 2004]

Quote:
Bush administration has used 27 rationales for war in Iraq, study says

http://www.news.uiuc.edu/news/04/0510war.html
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 03:32 pm
Mission accomplished. If by that you mean Bush could stick out his chest and say he is a war president I suppose it was. Other than that it has been a monumental failure.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 03:36 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:

Before the invasion, it was entirely possible, and many people believed, that Saddam Hussein was continuing to develop WMD in hiding, something he had pledged to stop. Now it is certain that Iraq is not developing WMD. No matter what other factors you mention, this is something that has been accomplished. I'm not herein arguing anything other than this single fact - this is a goal of the invasion which has been accomplished.

While I disagree with your ideology, B, I've always admired your ability to twist logic to fit your argument. Kind of like those medieval theologians who opined re angels dancing on pins. Casuistry, it's called.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 04:03 pm
One thing is clear: Iraqis are worse off today than they were under the terrible Saddam Hussein.
Many of them are not alive to see their country destroyed.
Bush has succeeded only in tripling the number of terrorists.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 04:08 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Your rhetoric betrays your attitude candidone. You don't wish to discuss anything, you merely want to crawl in the mud with the pigs.

No, I would be willing to discuss things McG....like why people like Brandon prefer to speak in vague terms like "many people believed, that Saddam Hussein was continuing to develop WMD in hiding, something he had pledged to stop" as though any meaning can be derived from that statement.

The conservative calls for premptive action against Iraq was laden with intel tailored to fit preexisting policy decisions and not reliable, objective, fact laden intel.

I understand that there was a group who in 2002-2003 labelled Saddam as the greatest threat to the United States. I also understand that what was once though or believed to be true regarding Saddam vis a vis his weapons program has come under closer scrutiny and his regime has proven to be, well, rather benign compared to what was alleged.

Yeah, I'm interested in discussion, but not in having the same old right wing talking points shoved down my throat.
0 Replies