To All Who Work For Corporations.... Hat's Off

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 03:19 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
I thought you got the jumpy around thing going....

been back at that on the side was going to be ready for back to full time come spring but cannot hold out any longer....
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 03:27 pm
...and you were just two divans and an ottoman short of your quota...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 05:01 am
Is that another euphemism for insanity?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 09:57 am
Chai Tea wrote:

Sounds like maybe that's just a hobby....
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 12:32 pm
jespah wrote:
Is that another euphemism for insanity?

heh-heh
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 03:31 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

If you saw my past corporate tax returns for most all the nineties you'd **** your pants if you think it was just a hobby......
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 04:57 pm
Did you quit today?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 05:26 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

If you saw my past corporate tax returns for most all the nineties you'd **** your pants if you think it was just a hobby......

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong "jumpy around thing."
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 05:59 pm
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 08:51 pm
I turned in my notice today to the big boss and candidly explained to him why. Although at the height of my pissed offedness at my treatment at the hands of my direct supervisor my first inclination was to tell them to f*ck off and walk and squinney supported me in it, in the end I gave him notice through Thanksgiving Eve with the caveat that I would be treated respectfully or I would walk. He was decent about it and we came to that agreement.

In the end I took the high road in order to keep my reputation intact. Pussy. I oughta kick my ass.

If need be, I'll take my wall to Fla. 10 days out of each month through the winter, work a few festivals and make 5K a month to see us through the winter while I market for the spring.

I feel better already. Having squinney's support and trust enables me to do anything.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 08:51 pm
I turned in my notice today to the big boss and candidly explained to him why. Although at the height of my pissed offedness at my treatment at the hands of my direct supervisor my first inclination was to tell them to f*ck off and walk and squinney supported me in it, in the end I gave him notice through Thanksgiving Eve with the caveat that I would be treated respectfully or I would walk. He was decent about it and we came to that agreement.

In the end I took the high road in order to keep my reputation intact. Pussy. I oughta kick my ass.

If need be, I'll take my wall to Fla. 10 days out of each month through the winter, work a few festivals and make 5K a month to see us through the winter while I market for the spring.

I feel better already. Having squinney's support and trust enables me to do anything.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 08:46 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Glad you feel better, Bear. And, I know that you already know you're a very lucky man.

Well done on taking the high road.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 08:57 am
A number of years ago, Mr B decided to leave the small company he'd worked for for many years. He was bored, wanting to try something new so he joined a dot-com shortly before the dot-com bust. The new company folded and he found a job with a large corporation. He was absolutely miserable. He hated the company, the product line, the atmosphere, everything about it except a couple of the people. He was there for two years.

Watching him leave for work every morning with a face of misery was one of the hardest things I've ever endured, and I wasn't the one in a miserable job! I can still see that look. All the while the small company he'd started with was trying to get him to go back. He went back a few years ago and has been much, much happier. I understand how squinney might have felt watching you go to a job you hated. You are the one in the miserable job, but it probably was hard for her too.

Good job on getting out!
0 Replies