Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:36 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 252 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:46 am
while the dems are busy blowing the election the repubs are busy blowing one another....
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 11:23 am
I confess that I have more than once underestimated the Democratic Party's seemingly unerring ability of late to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, so I'm holding my breath on this one. I truly fear that, barring control of one congressional House or the other being retaken by the Dems, American-style democracy as we know is on it's last legs.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 11:27 am
They might also blow it by spending years wasting most of their energy blaming the Republicans for everything conceivable, with all kinds of wild conspiracy theories, rather than spending their energies organizing their own candidates and platforms.

They might also blow it by making no attempt whatever to play to the people in the political middle.

Hint: if they reach Election Day with no clear platform other than Republicans suck, then you can be pretty sure that they've blown it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 11:33 am
I, too have kept my champagne corked and my confetti in the box, having still fresh memories of some bitter letdowns.

I agree with the statement that unless we can regain a semblance of a two-party system by the Dems gaining the house, our way of government is heading down the tubes.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 01:11 pm
I have made it clear I believe the republicans will maintain control of both houses. Sickening.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 01:30 pm
The pendulum will swing eventually. That's one redeeming quality of the two-party system. Even if one parties dies completely, the victorious party will grow a second head and start biting itself.

Heck, the Democratic party already bites itself....
0 Replies