I AM PREGNANT AND DESPERATE TO LEAVE!

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 06:24 pm
ok so I am a pregnant 16 year-old. My mom still doesn't know and I want to move in with the father of my baby. We've been together for a long time and we want to get married. He is going into the Army and we have enough money to get us by. He has a place to stay, with room for me and a baby. I don't know what to do. Not only am I pregnant, my mom and I don't get along at all. I am so depressed living here. My boyfriend/fiance' lives about 50 miles away from me. I definetly am going to finish high school, but I want to do it where he lives. I need to move out of my house. It isn't safe for me to live here, especially while I'm pregnant. I don't want to lose the baby, and I don't want to do anything to cause it harm. I cry every night for hours because my mom hates me. I am on Prozac for Chronic/Clinical Depression. I don't know what to do. Please help me figure out how to get out of my parent's custody. I live in Indiana and I don't have a job right now, I don't have very much money, but I plan on selling a lot of my stuff for money for my baby. I am desperate for answers! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 706 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 06:43 pm
I doubt your mother hates you Star, but if you were my daughter I would be very disappointed in your judgement.

You say you have been together with your boyfriend for a long time - how long is long to a 16 year old? In some states a man can be charged with rape for having sex with a girl your age. Your family can bring the charges. If your bf joins the army he will be sent to Iraq and you will be alone. What if something happens to him? You are not married, you are not entitled to anything that is his. Who will take care of the baby while you are at school? Childcare is expensive. It costs about $1000 a month to raise a child - do you have that kind of money?

You have created a trap for yourself and I don't see any easy way out. I don't know enough about you or your mother to offer a direct solution to your problem. I do hope you will try and make peace with your mother, you are going to need her support.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 06:25 am
Someone is prescribing that Prosac.

Call that doctor immediately and make an appointment to discuss your meds and your pregnancy.

Your mother doesn't love you, but you have "a ton of stuff" that you can sell? Something doesn't add up here.
0 Replies

Stargirlty

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 09:19 am
ok so those of you who have replied to my post: my mom tells me everyday she hates me and the stuff that i have, i bought myself, like my computer, my clothes, my shoes, my cd's, my jewelery, my camera, my cell phone, pretty much everything i have i bought, besides my furniture and mattress. i had a job, but i had to quit because the smell of the food i sold made me sick now that i'm pregnant, and my manager was sexist and wouldnt put me on the schedule unless i confronted him about it. i am currently job hunting now both here and where my boyfriend lives....we havve been together for almost 3 years now.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 09:37 am
Just to recap-- 16 years old, clinically depressed and unemployed. And of course unmarried and mom "hates" you. Boyfriend-- presumably 18 or so-- about to go into the Army (seen the divorce rates for service marriages? Not to mention the divorce rate for teenage marriages...).

What made you think pregnancy was a good idea?

If you have a head on your shoulders, give the baby up for adoption.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 09:41 am
Found this:

Can I take Prosac if I'm pregnant.

The answer is NO!

http://www.hotqa.com/pregnancy/596-3-dmt123.html
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 09:59 am
You might try social services near Fisher:

Local results for social-services near Fishers, IN 46038

Indianapolis City-Marion County Offices: Social Services Department - 10 miles SW - 3838 N Rural St, Indianapolis, 46205 - (317) 221-2364
Catholic Social Services Caring pl Adult Daycare - 11 miles SW - 4609 N Capitol Ave, Indianapolis, 46208 - (317) 466-0015
Crooked Creek Tower Social Services - 11 miles W - 7988 Michigan Rd, Indianapolis, 46268 - (317) 228-1072

Don't despair. There are many services out there to help you. To help you marry, or raise the child on your own, to help you find work, to help you in whatever way you deem best for you and yours right now in your life.

Austin has an amazing place where the mothers live there and work and the center cares for the babies. And the mothers learn work skills and skills to aid them care for their children. Indiana will have that too.
0 Replies