Excellence too much to expect, but could we have competency?

DrewDad

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:48 pm
President Bush Discusses the Economy and Budget

Quote:
THE PRESIDENT: Thank you all. Please be seated. Good afternoon. Thanks for coming to the White House.

In 2004, I made a promise to the American people, we would cut the federal budget deficit in half over five years. Today I'm pleased to report that we have achieved this goal, and we've done it three years ahead of schedule. (Applause.)

This morning my administration released the budget numbers for fiscal 2006. These budget numbers are not just estimates; these are the actual results for the fiscal year that ended February the 30th.* [sic] These numbers show that the budget deficit has been reduced to $248 billion and is down to just 1.9 percent of the economy. As a percentage of the economy, the deficit is now lower than it has been for 18 out of the last 25 years. These budget numbers are proof that pro-growth economic policies work. By restraining spending in Washington, and allowing Americans to keep more of what they earn, we're creating jobs, reducing the deficit, and making this nation prosperous for all our citizens.

I'm speechless....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 477 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:53 pm
He also apparently forgot the whole part about stealing money from Social Security. Money that could be gaining interest for the program in the future, but won't, because he needed to show that the deficit was lower this year.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:03 pm
Reverse Robin Hood..
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:08 pm
<sigh>
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:15 pm
You could say Bush is a competent idiot.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:23 pm
The Bush Administration Clown Show

Quote:
Should we say that the 2004 budget deficit was $412.7 billion, and that half of that would be $206.3 billion--not $248 billion? Should we say that the fiscal year ends in September, not February? Should we say that February never has 30 days? Should we say that February never had--not even before Julius Caesar--30 days?

Quote:
Even if it was half, wasn't it half of the gigantic budget deficit that he created?

So what he's really saying is "We are only spending as much as one-half of a drunken sailor." or "We are only driving to the poor house half as fast as we were when I started driving us there."

Quote:
Hm. Let me compare. Tax increase plus fellatio on one side of the equation.

On the other side, giant deficits. More than half a million dead people in Iraq. NK out of control. "No child gets a dime".

I think our current president should get more fellatio and less politics.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:26 pm
The transcript of George Bush's press conference wrote:
We talked to the Under Armour man. I don't know if you ever heard of that product. I know I'm not supposed to advertise -- (laughter) -- so I won't. (Laughter.) But here's a dreamer. The man had an idea. He didn't like the way the cotton shirts that he wore absorbed his bodily fluids when he exercised, so he came up with a better product. And it worked. And now he's built a huge business. And he's talking about how to continue to expand, and he's worried about our trade policy. Here's a small business guy who came out of a garage, and he's talking to the Secretary of the Treasury and the President of the United States about making sure we have intellectual property rights protection in China.
0 Replies