The time has come to admit defeat and leave.

anton

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 03:37 am
Get Out Of Iraq and Afghanistan.
The US is looking at a plan to carve up Iraq into three autonomous regions Sunni, Kurdish and Shiite … Apparently Bush and US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice have been opposed to the plan, fearing it would only create more violence, but now seem to be agreeable to the idea.

The US, Britain and the rest of the coalition of the willing have failed in Iraq, they have ripped apart a sovereign nation and now the US is looking to further mutilate it by dividing it even further … It is not a plan to create three new nations, the autonomous regions will be loosely governed from Baghdad by the present government … US occupation will continue.

I believe that in view of the recent release of the US, National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) report strongly suggests that the invasion of Iraq has only encouraged Global Terrorism and made the world less safe than it was before the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.
The Bush regime has muddied the waters with a concerted campaign of rhetoric that, amongst other things, accused Saddam Hussein of being involved in the 9/11 attack and Iraq being the breeding ground of terrorism which we now know was just a bunch of lies.
If anything, since the invasion and occupation, Iraq has become a rallying point for terrorists and their ilk; sadly Britain's Prime Minister, Tony Blair, against the wishes of the British people, has indisputably linked that nation with the Bush regime and made it a definite target of the terrorists.

These two leaders, along with John Howard, Australia's Prime Minister, talk of spreading democracy throughout the Middle East when none of them seem to understand the concept; for a start you don't spread democracy at the point of a gun, that just breeds resistance and as a result many American and British lives have been and are being sacrificed. By simple definition "Democracy" means the will of the majority, so why is it that more than 60% of Americans and perhaps a higher percentage of British people, who want their military out of Iraq and Afghanistan, are not being listened to and why is the Muslim population of Britain, 3% of the total population, being allowed to dictate to the majority?

Get out of Iraq and Afghanistan now, the US and Britain are a part of the problem and sending your young men and women to put their lives on the line is not going to solve anything … As long as the US and Britain is there the fighting will continue; I keep hearing how intelligent Tony Blair is but as far as the aggression is concerned I see him as a fool … Is it coincidence that Richard Howard, John Howard's son was over in the US helping the Republican/Bush mid term election and last year Tony Blair's son took on a three month internship on Capitol Hill working for a Republican senator … I wonder what Blair's Labour colleagues thought about that, after all aren't the republicans the conservatives of US politics?
These are self serving politicians, why weren't the son's of the two Prime Ministers encouraged to go help resolve the problems, on the front-line, in Iraq and Afghanistan?
Bush talks of fighting terrorism for the next hundred years that is an insult to any thinking person's intelligence … the sooner Bush and the coalition of the willing is gone the safer the world will be. I live in hope that before I die I will see Bush, his neocons, Blair and Howard taken before the International Criminal Court (ICC) and charged with creating a war and committing crimes against humanity.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 556 • Replies: 0
No top replies