Medicare D Formulary?

Miller

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 10:37 am
Does anyone know where the list of drugs, covered under Medicare D, can be found?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 893 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 11:30 am
There isn't one list of drugs, Miller. Each provider has their own list. Go to Medicare.gov and click on Formulary Finder.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 03:09 pm
Thanks, I found it.

It says that 1005 pharmacies are covered in the plan, but doesn't list them and also doesnt say anything about buying drugs online, to save even more money.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 03:33 pm
Are you on a plan now?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 03:56 pm
I'm trying to help someone, who's planning on applying for Medicare very soon and we're trying to figure out the drug issue.

He's covered right now by Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 06:50 pm
I helped my mother pick a plan. It was very confusing. I found that my pharmacist was the greatest help. I narrowed it down by using the Medicare site. Then I made a spreadsheet with the plans that best fit her needs. The phamacist helped me make the final pick.

The first think you need to know is what durgs your friend is taking and how much he is paying for them now. Does his current health insurance plan cover prescriptions?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 10:10 pm
No! Since we figured it was cheaper to not have drug coverage and to just buy the meds from drugstore.com online.
0 Replies