Can You Believe These Republicans?

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 04:47 pm
Arranging fo N Korea to test a nuclear weapon in order to divert peoples attention from the Foley scandal?

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20061006/2006-10-06T194946Z_01_N04385691_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-KOREA-NORTH-DC.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 279 • Replies: 4
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 05:48 pm
Hnh. And here I thought that the republicans leaked the Foley scandle themselves to take eyes off the falling housing boom, the EPA regulations, and the war in Iraq.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 05:51 pm
Poor dog's 'bout wagged to death!
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 06:01 pm
If the DPRK conducts an underground nuclear test, we should closely monitor the Korean Aquifer for radiation. The Peninsula is wet, and most of the land , North and South, draws water that might become contaminated.

A DPRK nuclear test would further destabilize the region. Japan so far has maintained its Constitutional constraints over how their military is used, and a strict prohibition on nuclear weapons. There has been increasing, but still negligible, pressure to change the Constitution to allow Japanese military operations outside the Islands and to acquire an independent nuclear capacity. So far the economic advantages of letting the U.S. tax payers foot the bill for Japan's defense has ruled out change. A DPRK nuclear test and the risk that the the Japanese might percieve the American People as an unreliable and undependable guardian is a real danger.

On the other hand, a nuclear demonstration by the DPRK might stiffen the spines of some ROK politicians who have become complacent over the Northern threat.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 06:27 pm
Ring a-ding ding. Ring a-ding ding.

Hello. Yes this is Kim Jong-Ill speaking. Who is this?

Oh, Georgie! Its been so long since I heard from you, I was beginning to think you didn't like me any more. By the way George, I still haven't received that Madonna album you promised the last time I did you a favor.

Come on Georgie, your the President of the United States. Surely you could arrange something better than UPS to deliver such a priceless set of CDs.

Oh all right, I'll be patient. Aren't I always? What do you need this time?

I see. Uh-huh, uh-huh. Why don't you ever listen to me and just have those people shot. So, let me get this right ... one of your Party Congressmen got caught sending sexually explicit messages to some kid, right? Good, then why not just shoot him? Now George, you know that I love my middle son and wouldn't shoot him unless I was very, very angry. All right. All right, back to business.

I suppose I could test an atomic bomb, would that provide enough distraction? Well, I've been planning fon the test for years, but didn't intend to actually conduct the test until I've decided who should win the next Presidential election in your country. Yeah, I can move up the schedule, but you're going to have to pay handsomely for this one ... and I want those Madonna CDs with no further delay.

What do I want to bail you out again? Well, promise to get me a new Japanese chef that can really cook and keep his mouth shut. No, I don't want one of those runner-ups from "Hell's Kitchen". Listen Georgie, if you want I'll just go public and tell the world that you can't be trusted.

Just because we can't be seen together is no reason for you to high hat me George. I've been a good friend to you, and you act like I have some kind of terrible disease. The least you can do is deliver my Madonna CDs. and I want a good Japanese cook, or you're going to be sorry.

All right. All right, yeah ifs been nice chatting with you to. If you want this on the wires today, I'm going to have to hang up now. No, I don't have time to hear the latest Hillary joke.

Bye.
0 Replies