latest Newsweek poll: How low can Republicans go?

Asherman

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 10:13 am
Those are fighting words. You didn't like "uncouth", try behavior "teetering on the bink of cowardice and dishonor". I held out the hand of friendship to you, and in return you treat me with disrespect and insults.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 10:19 am
BBB
Where are Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr when we need them to fight an uncouthiness duel?

BBB Sad
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 12:39 pm
Asherman, on a public forum, if you want to call anyone "uncouth" or a "liar" you need to explain the context of those debasing words.

Dys is one of the most "couth" men I have ever met--not just because I love him, he is a man of integrity and truthfulness. There are those who have no understanding of his rather sardonical sense of humor or of his often obscure literary references, but that isn't Dys's fault.

I remember very clearly when you told him that you hadn't read his posts because you considered him a liberal. It was at the gathering you had here in Albuquerque in 2003. At the time, you were actually surprised at Dys"s genuine knowledge of the war in Vietnam and of politics in general. In fact, at the time I really don't think you meant it as an insult but rather as an acknowledgement that you should have paid more attention to his writing.

That gathering didn't cause any of us to become fast friends. It ended with civility but also with the knowledge, at least on our part, that we could never be friends with you because of our radically opposing views of social welfare and of politics. We never felt any animosity for you, but we certainly never intended to try to develop a friendship after that meeting.

Several nights after Bob and I moved to Albuquerque from Denver, you called bumblebee and told her that you would like to meet us for dinner )at the Pelican Restaurant). Bob paid for the dinner and we went home with a stronger sense that we could never be friends and decided to have no further contact with you or your wife. If you wanted more, all you needed to do was call. Or, as was your way, to go through bumblebee with messages for us.

I'm quite sure this has much to do with something quite different from this thread. Please be honest enough to say where all this animosity is coming from. If you are angry at Bob, have the decency to provide the real context.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 02:49 pm
I'll not wash your dirty linen in public. You might have found the cut amusing, but I do not. I kept quiet, until Dys directly questioned my honesty on this thread. That in itself took some nerve.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 02:50 pm
A Diane sighting (however angry!)

Long time no see.

Hope you are well?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 03:07 pm
Hey, Bunny, I've been better. Funny, your flighty, quick intelligence is always stimulating, but there are times when your presence is calming. Strange, in'it?

Hope all's well with you. Saved up enough for a trip to Barcelona or, better yet, to Albuquerque?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 03:16 pm
http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/Dr-Fun/collections/1991/images/df1991-194.gif
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 03:44 pm
Diane wrote:
Hey, Bunny, I've been better. Funny, your flighty, quick intelligence is always stimulating, but there are times when your presence is calming. Strange, in'it?

Hope all's well with you. Saved up enough for a trip to Barcelona or, better yet, to Albuquerque?

Sigh.

If only!!!!

I seem to be paddling valiantly, financially speaking, just to stay where I am!

As I said in another thread, I do want to get to the US to complete some training I started here, and am very impressed with, though.

Who knows?

Mebbe I should start buying the odd lottery ticket?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 06:31 pm
Butrflynet
I see Butrflynet is recovering nicely from her surgery and able to join us in the fray.

Dyslexia and Diane are my dear friends---now and forever. Friends choose to be friends because they like and enjoy each other's company.

I've tried to smooth the public discourse on this thread with my stupid sense of humor but failed. Now I feel compelled to comment.

I'm deeply saddened and disappointed by Asherman's public remarks. Sad because sometimes people we think we know well change, often for reasons we don't understand. Asherman has been very kind to me since and before I moved to Albuquerque and I always considered him to be my friend even though our political and social beliefs were wide apart. I always enjoyed his art, his writing, his stories, and holiday dinners in his beautiful home. I've had many enjoyable hours in his company. I could always count on him if I needed help.

I know the reason for Asherman's hard feelings. I think they are unfounded and based on unrealized expectations. I'm very disappointed by the behavior of someone I had considered a friend. Asherman well knows of what I speak but I won't embarrass him by describing the events and context in a public forum. Asherman chose to vent his feelings in a public forum. I choose not to, and lament the loss of a friend. I do know this. A friend does not behave toward a friend in such an uncouth manner, especially when using the friend as a messenger.

And one does not attack another person in public because his social expectations were not realized as determined by the guests, not the hosts. Hosts are not responsible for expectations, especially those that are not known.

I hope this will drop the curtain on this sad event and return us to A2K's silliness.

BBB Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:02 pm
Meaniewhile back at the ranch, NY Daily News: "President Bush's Private Mood Has Blackened...Bush Feels Betrayed From Within"... http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/459722p-386715c.html
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 10:41 pm
Blueflame
blueflame1 wrote:
Meaniewhile back at the ranch, NY Daily News: "President Bush's Private Mood Has Blackened...Bush Feels Betrayed From Within"... http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/459722p-386715c.html

Woodward is right about Bush being in denial.

BBB
0 Replies