The myth of CEOs

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 10:51 pm
You have been fed a lie about CEOs being able to run a company and therefore superior. The current bunch running US to the ground were CEOs in one form or another.

Rummy - former CEO of G.D. Searle, a drug company
Cheney - former CEO of Halliburton
Rice - former Provost of Stanford University
W - former CEO od Texas Rangers
Snow - former CEO of Alcoa
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 599 • Replies: 13
No top replies

MarionT

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 01:58 am
CEO's are not put at the head of companies because they have management skills, the main reason they are picked is that they do the bidding of the controllers-The Oil Cartel and the World Bank.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 08:19 pm
Remember during the elections it was all about having executive experience?

I think there is something behind both Oil Cartel and the World Bank. Trilateral Commission?
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 12:04 am
I think that may be a myth created to draw away fire. Exxon and Geneva Switzerland are the places to look for the real power in the world.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 08:20 am
talk72000 wrote:
I think there is something behind both Oil Cartel and the World Bank. Trilateral Commission?

Nah, it's the reverse vampires.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 10:19 pm
How about reptilians from outer space?
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 10:38 pm
CEOs can't be trusted as they are adept at skirting regulations, laws and quoting "small print" escape clauses. This bunch got into office only to further their interests i.e. the stocks they still hold of the former employers.

Rummy wants more US soldiers wounded as it will increase profits for drug companies.

Cheney and Rice (former Chevron VP) are in it for the Iraqi Oil.

W for the profits to Carlyle where his Poppy is involved in defense spending.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 12:21 am
One of my friends has made quite a lot of money in the Stock Market. When I mentioned that a certain CEO was being paid an atrocious amount of money each year, my friend answered--If he helps my portfolio grow by 10% like he did last year, I hope he gets a Billion a year!
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 01:56 am
CEO's are not hired for managment skills (that's a COOs job ), they are hired because they are hooked up to the juice. when one phone call to a buddy can bring in millon's in business or save a client, that's what it is all about.

business is about connections and those who you trust and feel comfortable with are those who you buy from. when a CEO moves in powerful circles where a phone call can make or break a business, pay them whatever they want.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 02:34 am
I don't think that is correct. One CEO I know of had a stroke when he did that. Now, he can't think straight.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 09:59 pm
When who you know is more important than what you know means a corrupt society. It was in this type of society that revolutions occured.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 11:53 pm
You don't know what you are talking about. The USA is probably the first real MERITOCRACY the world has ever had.

Who do you think all of those computer geniuses are? Did they know someone?

Who do you think the leaders in business are? The CEO's! They did not inherit their positions. 90% of them earned their posts because of their knowledge, drive and philosophy.

Do you think our great surgeons inherited their positions? Or our University Presidents?

What piffle---When who you know becomes more important than what you know--written by a loser as an excuse for personal failure!
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 09:18 pm
So W didn't inherit the White House?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 09:55 pm
MarionT wrote:
The USA is probably the first real MERITOCRACY the world has ever had.

Who do you think all of those computer geniuses are? Did they know someone?

Who do you think the leaders in business are? The CEO's! They did not inherit their positions. 90% of them earned their posts because of their knowledge, drive and philosophy.

Do you think our great surgeons inherited their positions? Or our University Presidents?

I see you're very good at asking questions. But can you provide any evidence for this crap?
0 Replies