AND NOW, FOR A BIT OF LEVITY

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 07:41 pm
Latest Bush Twin Bar Hopping Sighting

Jenna Bush, Goddaughter of Soul

(Sunday, June 8, 2003; Page D03, Washington Post)

It has been a good long while since we've chronicled the after-hours high jinks of President Bush's twin daughters in Washington saloons. After all, they're free, legal and 21.

But now we must report Jenna and Barbara Bush's recent late-night visit to a karaoke bar in Adams Morgan.

We hear that all the fun started around 11:30 p.m. on May 29, the same night President and Laura Bush were hosting a Yale 35th-year reunion dinner at the White House, and kept going till 2 a.m. The Bush daughters were with a posse of a dozen friends, we're told.

The highlight -- according to deejay Phil Schneider ("We're called the Peyote Cafe -- you know, like the drug," he explained helpfully) -- was when Jenna sang backup in James Brown's "Sex Machine." Dressed in a knee-length brown skirt and a white top, she belted out the chorus of "Get up! Get up! Get up!," Schneider said.

But how come she didn't sing the lead?

Schneider replied: "Her dad may have liberated the people of Iraq, but that doesn't mean I'm going to let her sing lead."

Barbara, in dark brown tight pants and a white top, joined in "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" and "Sweet Home Alabama."

"Barbara was dirty-dancing with her boyfriend, or the guy she was with by the end of the night -- they closed down the bar," Schneider said. "They were both drunk. I think Jenna was smoking. They seemed to be having a good time. The guy Jenna was with was kind of rude. He kept grabbing the mike from other people and would not return it when I wanted it back -- and then he did this awful beatbox into the mike. Everyone else was fine. If I didn't think that I would wake up in Guantanamo Bay, I would have punched him in the face!"

The 27-year-old Schneider -- who depends on gratuities to supplement his $50-a-night deejay's pay -- told us the daughters left him zero and thus miserably failed our Celebrity Tip Challenge. When we reached Noelia Rodriguez, the first lady's press secretary, she told us: "We have a longstanding policy of not commenting on the daughters."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 880 • Replies: 10
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 07:46 pm
I didn't hold with Rush Limbaugh putting a photo of a dog and saying it was Chelsea Clinton. I don't see dragging these extras into it.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 07:50 pm
sweetie:

I feel sorry for these girls. They need to be in rehab. I am really going to leave them out of the public discourse--not out of (dis)respect for their father, but because even their inevitable misadventures don't merit exposure.

And because the right's obsession of Chelsea Clinton was abominable, a display that does not warrant repeating.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 07:59 pm
So right Pdiddie.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 08:30 pm
Embarrassed but it involved mama Bush, Barbara, . . . however, I see my feeble attempt at levity bombed . . . I apologize for being inappropriate. Will you boys ever forgive me?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 08:39 pm
sweetie, I didn't mean to kill your fun or your thread.

Did you read the story in RollingStone.com about Ashton Kuchar, the twins and...

never mind.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 08:49 pm
We aren't being judgemental. There still are a good many things to be said about Bush we can all laugh (or commiserate) about.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 09:27 pm
Thank you, PDiddie and EdgarBlythe; Sweetie feels all better now . . . except, Hey, Joe (as Jimi Hendrix would say), you have to accept my apology, too, or I won't be able to go to sleep tonight. Hey, Joe . . .
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 09:34 pm
OHMIGOD: I just re-read the article and realized I thought they were referring to Barbara (as in mother of shrub) and not Barbara (as in twin of Jenna); I had thought it made it extra funny because they referred to her as dirty dancing; I mean, I actually pictured Mama Bush dirty dancing. In my haste to be clever and light, I actually was as yucky as I seemed. . . my bad. . . bad girl Embarrassed

Hey, Joe
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 03:43 am
Be quiet! I'm trying to sleep!

Sitsokay, sawrite Razz

Joe
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 07:12 am
Thank you, Joey, now Sweetie really ALL better; ok, ok, I'll be quiet now :wink:
0 Replies