"Desperate Housewives" Is My Guilty Pleasure

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 09:44 am
I love this show and try to play it off the DVR when my Mom is up watching (she hasn't figured out how to work it anyway). Being the the Laguna Beach house most of the week without a DVR and Hi Def, for now at least as the satellite people are slow, slow, exasperatingly slow. The characters are a love/hate relationship because of their flaws, some of them just ineptness, some of them quite deadly. It's well written and I can, at least, suspend my disbelief that all of these circumstances could be happening in one neighborhood in such a short time frame. It's the hook, though, to expose the dysfunctionality that can exist in all families.

Now, do you think after the scene in the morgue that Bree's new hubby murdered his wife, and why didn't the nosey neighbor able to ID her face?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,702 • Replies: 30
No top replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 10:20 am
It was a different woman... he called her Maria or something like that. So it sounds like the sister isn't the first wife that he has killed.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 10:21 am
By the way... I love the show too, but the first season really was the best. I didn't like season two all that much and season three so far is... average, IMO.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 02:40 pm
Season Three is beginning to top Season Two but still not as good as Season One. I think the writers could bring it across and the actors are all great. The secret is introducing tertiary characters which "Six Feet Under" did with a creativity seldom seen on TV.
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 07:13 am
I am really enjoying season 3 a lot better than last season -- last season I did not continually watch it but this season has been really enjoyable.

And Lightwizard, if your satellite is slow you know that you can always watch it at ABC.com for free. It is actually really easy

Can't wait for Sunday Smile
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 09:27 am
At Woody's At the Beach in Laguna Beach, "Desperate Housewives" is tuned in every Sunday night by the bartender or host. Two of my straight clients were in there dining (great food, with a Zagat rating) a few weeks ago and asked if the sound could be turned down? Philistines. Naw, they are two of my favorite clients -- he's Irish and she's Japanese/Jewish. Tell me that's not something out of DH!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 11:19 am
Quote:
she's Japanese/Jewish

Sounds like Grey's Anatomy!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 11:55 am
That could be! Very Happy
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 11:57 am
There's female intern in Grey' Anatomy who has a Chinese mother, and a Jewish father, who's a dentist.
0 Replies

Ceege

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:27 am
I hope they keep Ian (Dougray Scott) around for a while. Love his accent.

http://www.empiremovies.com/nextraimages/dougray-scott.jpg
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:37 am
Looks like he's gone. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Ceege

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:48 am
Miller wrote:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/carolyn11/emotions/avatar_3901.jpg
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 05:33 am
Laughing

Really cute! Thanks.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 05:42 am
Miller wrote:

No! He came back last night...
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:57 pm
Missed this on Sunday soo need to catch up!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 12:05 am
Whatever happened to Gabby's baby?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 01:30 pm
I don't understand why Terri Hatcher's daughter is with that boy. He's way too hot for her. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Ceege

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 06:22 pm
Looks like the new neighbor might be a child molester. Those pictures in the basement. All the trains, games and toys. Since he is supposed to be caring for his invalid sister, I might have thought the trains, etc. where to entertain her. But, those pictures were creepy. And, why isn't Lynette telling anyone about this.

And what does Edie think is going to happen when Mike gets his memory back and finds out that Edie has been tricking him all this time. Sooner or later he is going to remember he was in love with Susan. Edie even threw out pictures of Mike and Susan so Mike would not see them. Edie is causing a real mess.

And Bree is just stupid. She needs to get rid of the new husband and the mother-in-law. How many hints does she need to realize that she is putting herself and her children in danger.

Of course, if they were all as smart as we all are---there would be no show.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 09:13 am
Gabby shouldn't have bleached her hair. She looked much better with her dark brown hair.

Anyone notice her at the "Dancing With the Stars" show cheering on Mario Lopez?
0 Replies

Ceege

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 02:02 pm
Miller wrote:
Gabby shouldn't have bleached her hair. She looked much better with her dark brown hair.

I think the lighter hair makes her look older.
0 Replies