What happened on 9/11

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 05:06 pm
I think you are right stuh. I wonder who's next.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 09:59 pm
I try my hardest not to think about politics as much as I can. It only makes me angry. I just remind myself that our existence is meaningless, and that the whole social situation is really just an interesting complex system, and the only thing that should really matter to me is making the most of my own short existence.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 01:29 pm
I understand, stuh. But it's a little selfish as I see it, even though I share your view almost completely.

But when we're debating these issues on a public forum we are doing something. The distribution of opinions and knowledge is key to any fundamental attitude change in society.

I'm not trying to justify my indifference with this statement. I am merely saying that talking about it is better than not thinking about it.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 05:06 pm
Ummm wow.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 05:34 pm
wow what?
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 06:11 pm
That video was really something. I'm speechless. I feel like I have such blinders on sometimes to the things going on in this world.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 06:12 pm
I know what you mean. It is hard to believe that there's even a possibility that things could be as suggested by the video.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 06:15 pm
Yes. And disappointing. I don't understand why our government is so corrupt. Is it the money? What is it about this nation? I just don't get why they would even do that. If they did that is.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 10:57 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
I understand, stuh. But it's a little selfish as I see it, even though I share your view almost completely.

But when we're debating these issues on a public forum we are doing something. The distribution of opinions and knowledge is key to any fundamental attitude change in society.

I'm not trying to justify my indifference with this statement. I am merely saying that talking about it is better than not thinking about it.

When it comes to running my mouth about my opinions, I'm pretty good at that.

As for the issue of selfishness, that brings about a whole new moral debate. My personal opinion on that subject is that everything we do is actually selfish, because everything is done strictly for ourselves...even if we say it was done for someone else. Anything that is done to help someone else is really just done to appease our own conscience because it makes us feel better. It all really comes down to the basic fact that we do what makes us feel better. Therefore, generous acts are done for the same reason as selfish acts, for the same reason as any act that we do: personal gain. Since all of our actions can be unified to satisfying a single goal, all we need to do to pick the proper action is choose the one that satisfies that goal best.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 05:32 am
I think I agree on that stuh.

Still, I'd like to kick something when I think about the fact that for every man with a multi million dollar annual income, there's a hundred so deep in debt that they are as good as crippled. And that's only the money issue. All in all, the right to own anything at all is bollocks if you ask me.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 08:59 am
If you ever get the opportunity to shake Bush's hand, wait till you get a grip on his hand and then start kicking him in the shins.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 10:35 am
If Bush ever suddenly was in front of me I'd turn my back on him. Or maybe I'd talk to him, but no 'mr.president sir'. Just plain old George, and not the sweeter part of my tounge.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 11:41 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Strange then, that a building should collapse from the straind the twin towers were put through. They burned for less than half an hour. At temperatures that are not enough to weaken the steel in the buildings.
Other buildings, all shown by the video, burned for much longer without collapsing. At one occasion, you probably remember, the building's top collapsed, but the rest of the building didn't fall.

The most convincing points of this video are the ones that can be empirically verified. Where are the wreckage parts from the plane that hit the pentagon?

Where is the gold that was stored under the world trade center prior to the explosions? They've only recovered a fraction of it.

There are a lot of holes in the official explanation, and I know that I don't believe in that version. I am just not sure I believe that it was 'an inside job'.
If so, there is no nation on earth
that is in more need ot a revolution
or a govenment coup that USA

WHO wud u like to take over ?
The commies ?
The nazis ?
The Moslems ?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 11:48 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
If Bush ever suddenly was in front of me I'd turn my back on him. Or maybe I'd talk to him,
but no 'mr.president sir'. Just plain old George,
and not the sweeter part of my tounge.

Surely,
he 'd be impressed with how impolite
u can be, and thereby be moven to adopt your philosophy.
David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 11:52 pm
stuh505 wrote:
If you ever get the opportunity to shake Bush's hand, wait till you get a grip on his hand and then start kicking him in the shins.

Clearly, that is calculated to relieve
the boredom of the US Secret Service.

How many years in prison do u think
he 'll get, if he takes your advice ?
David
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 12:19 am
"Without the complicity of the mainstream media, the 9/11 cover-up could not exist. Those who control the mainstream media control the brainstem of our collective consciousness. When those charged with being the skeptical inquirers are neither skeptical nor do they inquire, the only phrase for it is deep complicity. When investigative journalists fail to investigate the obvious, it is deep complicity. When investigative journalists only investigate that which distracts the public from the obvious, it is even deeper complicity."
-- Barrie Zwicker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The process has to be conscious, or it would not be carried out with sufficient precision, but it also has to be unconscious, or it would bring with it a feeling of falsity and hence of guilt. ... To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies -- all this is indispensably necessary."
- George Orwell, on "Doublethink" from his book of faction, "1984"
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 12:26 am
Amigo wrote:
"Without the complicity of the mainstream media, the 9/11 cover-up could not exist. Those who control the mainstream media control the brainstem of our collective consciousness. When those charged with being the skeptical inquirers are neither skeptical nor do they inquire, the only phrase for it is deep complicity. When investigative journalists fail to investigate the obvious, it is deep complicity. When investigative journalists only investigate that which distracts the public from the obvious, it is even deeper complicity."
-- Barrie Zwicker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The process has to be conscious, or it would not be carried out with sufficient precision, but it also has to be unconscious, or it would bring with it a feeling of falsity and hence of guilt. ... To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies -- all this is indispensably necessary."
- George Orwell, on "Doublethink" from his book of faction, "1984"

Q.E.D.:
psychosis & paranoia can be FUN.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 01:37 am
What are you afraid of OmSigDAVID?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 05:55 pm
He's afraid of going blind....if the font is anything to go by.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 03:42 am
When people write with fonts like that, or just in capital letters all the time, I always get the impression that they are shouting.
0 Replies